Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Yeah, I got my email yesterday. Suffering through a bit of crisis, wondering if I really want to keep my Ultimate edition preorder and regret it later, or cancel and get another version and... regret it later. :scared:

Lex

Administrator
I'm keeping it. I considered downgrading to deluxe and getting the Limited soundtrack instead, but I just know I'd regret cancelling it. So my decision has been made :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think I accidently ordered two because I ordered the Deluxe version as well but when I got my email it mentions 3 products. :closedmonster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That's a preorder bonus for any edition.

The UCE is only really worth it if you absolutely must have that exclusive(?) Noctis figurine.

- Kingsglaive and Brotherhood Blu-ray can be gotten separately
- The soundtrack cd is a limited selection and if you really care for the music you'll probably get the full OST instead anyway
- Artbook will very likely be available separately as well
- The Steelbook packaging doesn't even feature the Amano art like the Deluxe edition does

It all really depends on how much you like collecting figures. I have a few from collector's editions (like that Sonic Generations one) but found for myself that seeing shit collect dust on my shelf doesn't fill me with joy and I had just been getting sucked into the hype of "LOOK AT ALL THE SHINY THINGS". :wacky:

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Funnily enough I don't even care about the Noctis figurine XD. I'm kind of in the same boat as you Tets, big collectors editions (like Sonic Generations, XIII-2 or Uncharted 3) that I have with figures tend to just sit there. I stopped splashing on them a long time ago, but I like having them. I've considered switching to the deluxe edition a few times because of that, but I like the steelbook design in the UCE and everything that comes with it.

I'd feel differently if I could get the Deluxe from Amazon.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I only ever ordered the Deluxe one. The Amano steelbook and getting the kingsglaive blu-ray with it is plenty for me.

I don't really have anywhere to put the figurine anyway.

...And I ordered the Deluxe from Amazon. Is it different in Europe?

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
It's not available to pre-order on Amazon as in it's "currently unavailable", likely due to the pre-orders having sold out. If it does become available again it likely won't be guaranteed for release-day, so I'm sticking with the UCE.

Tbh the one I'd go for isn't selling. As in, Kingsglaive, Brotherhood, The Game, Steelbooks, and season pass. £100, wham bam, that one is mine. Except it's not because it doesn't exist :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Or how about the Japanese exclusive one which is pretty much all the media in a much spiffier looking boxset.

syouhin_film_g.jpg

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
That's a preorder bonus for any edition.

The UCE is only really worth it if you absolutely must have that exclusive(?) Noctis figurine.

- Kingsglaive and Brotherhood Blu-ray can be gotten separately
- The soundtrack cd is a limited selection and if you really care for the music you'll probably get the full OST instead anyway
- Artbook will very likely be available separately as well
- The Steelbook packaging doesn't even feature the Amano art like the Deluxe edition does

It all really depends on how much you like collecting figures. I have a few from collector's editions (like that Sonic Generations one) but found for myself that seeing shit collect dust on my shelf doesn't fill me with joy and I had just been getting sucked into the hype of "LOOK AT ALL THE SHINY THINGS". :wacky:

Well, when you put it that way... I almost want to to just get the Deluxe version of the game and then shell out for the limited edition soundtrack, and the hardback strategy guide.

Fuck fuckity fuckfuckfuck.

EDIT:

Wow. If I order the Deluze version, the hardback strategy guide, AND the limited edition soundtrack bundle I'm STILL coming out 20 bucks cheaper than the UCE.

EDIT:

Nvm. That soundtrack bundle doesn't seem to be worth it either, in the end. I don't even think it HAS the game soundtrack--just the Regalia soundtrack, some piano tracks, and some bonus tracks. Good lord. :monster:

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Can't stop playing Episode Duscae.

Got annoyed at the demo telling me I can't go any further though.

m3nGS3X.png

PRL8VOn.png

P28jreG.png

(I've never done the out of bounds thing before so this was exciting :lol: )
Although glitchy unfinished environments always unsettle me.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It's not available to pre-order on Amazon as in it's "currently unavailable", likely due to the pre-orders having sold out. If it does become available again it likely won't be guaranteed for release-day, so I'm sticking with the UCE.

It's currently not available in the UK store but they are in the US store.

I'm between the standard digital edition or the digital premium edition. Not getting the Deluxe edition since that one includes KIngsglaive and I'm not paying money for it.

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I started watching but.... why the frack did the person have the menu open the whole time? I couldn't see shit :closedmonster:

Edit: Wait it was automatic? Weird :closedmonster:

Top Bottom