Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@lith: Just do what the player in my post above did to hear that broadcast. There are four radios, and the broadcasts are played in progression regardless of which radio you're currently listening to -- so if you skip the third one (which most players have, from what I've seen), then the fourth one is going to play the third broadcast.

Couple of other cool things::

— —
A couple proper videos of Ardyn saying his line about considering turning Noctis's bros into daemons (3:17 in this one, 4:26 in this one)

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I finally...completed the Jabberwocky hunt.

C8BZygAXwAAnoHb.jpg

Note to self, if for some insane reason I have to go back into the labyrinthian hell that is Costlemark Tower, always go down the south west cube for the third time. From there, always head towards east, and if there are multiple options, always pick the path on the left. NEVER PICK THE DOWNWARD PATH UNLESS YOU WANNA FIGHT RED GIANTS AND NAGAS AGAIN. In fact, always avoid taking the cube downwards. REMEMBER THIS, ME. REMEMBERRRRRRRR

Also, don't have a screencap of this, but when I was fighting through the puzzle, Ramuh showed up and decided to nuke the two Red Giants I was fighting...only, his Judgement Bolt also managed to damage the Jabberwocky waiting for me at the very bottom.

I didn't know if I wanted to be angry because Ramuh didn't even bother to finish off the Jabberwocky, or because I hadn't managed to find my way back to the inner sanctum and Ramuh decided to be a rude motherfucker and show up when I didn't need him yet, or because the damage he did didn't stick to the Jabberwocky.

.......If a summon finishes off a hunt that you're not actively fighting yet, does that count as finished hunt?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Note to self, if for some insane reason I have to go back into the labyrinthian hell that is Costlemark Tower, always go down the south west cube for the third time. From there, always head towards east, and if there are multiple options, always pick the path on the left. NEVER PICK THE DOWNWARD PATH UNLESS YOU WANNA FIGHT RED GIANTS AND NAGAS AGAIN. In fact, always avoid taking the cube downwards. REMEMBER THIS, ME. REMEMBERRRRRRRR

That insane reason is the itemless EX Dungeon content, but luckily as soon as you drop into the Red Giant Room you can creep through the wall and into the EX area. (Note that when you do, fight the Bilröst with the space suits equipped to have a MUCH better time).

Also, grats on completing that again & nice pics.

X :neo:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Finished Episode Gladio.

Ultimately, because I kinda sucked at the combat and didn't conserve enough items, I ended up starting the DLC over when I got my ass kicked my Gilgamesh one too many times at the very end. And on Easy mode, because that's just how I roll. A shame most of the trophies have to be earned on normal mode. Oh well.

I love this version of Gilgamesh. It's not the one we're used to, but a different and intriguing incarnation nonetheless. I love his design, and his voice actor did a great job. I'll play this DLC over just to see more of him. Look out Cor. :lol:

I've already iterated that I thought we were getting the shaft with this episode, and I was right. I loved the conversations with Cor, especially when we learned more about his past. And it was good to hear Clarus mentioned in those conversations too. But this was literally just an hour of Gladio acting like a cocky shit and then becoming more self-aware right at the end. Which I guess is just how it is sometimes.

Maybe it's because we already know quite a bit about Gladio as it is, and much of Prompto's background is still a mystery because of that plot bomb dropped on us in Chapter 13?

If Prompto's or Ignis's episodes end up being longer and have better content (which I'm 99% sure they well at this point), I'm going to feel slightly peeved. Gladio's one of my favorites, and he didn't get enough characterization.

More later, time for bed. I'll probably attempt the episode on normal sometime next week, as my grandma will be visiting this weekend.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I found a video explaining it.
Apparently successfully using Alterna on Ifrit after the efficacy of the Ring of the Lucii was augmented in Version 1.07 made the game freeze. Now the battle proceeds as it should, as seen in the video.

A couple of other cool things while I'm here:

—This is also about Alterna. Looks like you can use it on the bros during training sessions at camp. :monster: That made me laugh more than it should

—It seems that when you're in
Zegnautus Keep, you really are above Gralea (or the caldera where it appears at least) on the open world -- as Tou Moua discovered by falling out of the base. A way to explore Gralea properly still hasn't been found yet, though =(

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I had posted a link with the footage, but I guess no one cba to look at the bottom. :lol:

Ahhh Gladio's birthday! Need to get on Flare's case to make a fan art.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Lots of fun and/or interesting and/or wtf things to post tonight. :monster:

We'll start with some rather awful news. Despite what a lot of folks are thinking since today is April 1st, Machine Zone has released what is a legitimate, officially licensed MMO resource management and tower defense game loosely (let me emphasize this: loosely) based on FFXV -- "Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire."

See this article and this one from this past November for confirmation that such a thing was in the works, then this article and this one to convince yourself this is really happening -- and then brace yourself for some gameplay videos:

Moving away from the stupid crazy, here's some actual fun stuff:

—Square Enix North America has a sweepstakes going on in which you can win a set of Noctis, Prompto, Ignis and Gladio Play Arts Kai figures; you also might win a Ring of the Lucii or Luna's pendant

—It appears that the English, German and Portuguese versions of the Episode Gladiolus loading screen that revealed
Ifrit's corpse is at the Rock of Ravatogh
differ from the Japanese, French, Italian and Spanish versions in that the former three reveal this information while the latter four do not (some screenshots here and here).

The precise cause and/or meaning of all this is unclear at the moment, but it has been proposed that these localizations may have been written in parallel yet not in collaboration -- leading to some teams getting additional information that was added after an initial transfer of data while other teams didn't receive it. It has also been suggested that the Japanese and English renditions may have been written in collaboration, and that some details were added to the English version that didn't get added to the Japanese version before various localizations were made based off one or the other.

At the moment, I'm going to continue assuming the additional information is canon. It's certainly official at any rate

—The Special Edition of the Unofficial FFXV Community Cookbook, a.k.a. the April Fools Edition; it's an "expansion" of the Unofficial FFXV Community Cookbook Lulcielid posted a link to a few weeks ago

—A nostalgic look back at FFXV when it was still Versus XIII, with most everything that was known about the game as of August 2010 summarized in one article by Gematsu. It's really interesting to compare what stuck around and what didn't

—Sort of going along with the previous entry on this list, here are a couple of magazine scans (1, 2) from back in the Versus XIII days. In particular, these comments are interesting:

----
Question: ロミオとジュリエットみたいな悲恋を想像。どんな話なのか早く知りたい!
Nomura:「恋」という意味では、難しいことをしたいと思っています。楽しみにお待ち下さい。

Question: I'm imagining a tragedy like Romeo and Juliet. I want to know what kind of story it is now!
Nomura: With regard to "love," I'm thinking I want to do something difficult. Please look forward to it.
----

----
本作は決して彼らのラブストーリーではなく、2人の出会いが導く、人間の本質にまつわるものとなるようだ。

This work is by no means their love story; it seems it will be something related to the essence of humanity, which their encounter illustrates.
----

—Sure, Prompto can give you a hard time for
swinging a sword at a blind man
, but when that same dude has been knocked on the ground, what does he do instead of help him get up? He snaps a picture!

—YouTuber NekusAmmo hilariously broke their game/ability to complete all the Hunts (for this playthrough at least) by using the now augmented Alterna on the Adamantoise during the "Let Sleeping Mountains Lie" quest (when you're supposed to flee to complete the quest) instead of later during the "Lonely Rumblings in Longwythe" Hunt. Thus, when they went to see Takka to talk about the "Lonely Rumblings" Hunt, they were simultaneously turning in the completed Hunt as it was being given to them, and the game just froze. Hopefully this gets patched like the
Ifrit Alterna glitch was

—Not sure I'd call this fixing the car, Cidney. Or this

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
God, I was so hoping that it was an April Fool's joke, but after talking with some folks on Twitter I found out it was indeed the real deal. Not exactly what I had in mind when they said there was going to be a XV MMO.

Anyway, here's a few images from this debacle of a game, and they are hilarious to behold (at least for me).

The troops you get are basically redesigns of existing characters. Go figure.

C8VOJBNVoAMTf20.jpg

I love how the female is in a mirrored pose similar to
C8VOJBNVoAEyURq.jpg

And I just love how they covered up Gladio's abs in his render for this game.

C8VBMK0UQAAavFq.jpg

But somehow Cindy stays the same.

C8VBMK5UwAAKcN1.jpg

Double standards much? I guess the fanboys can't stand being put to shame by Gladdy Daddy's rock solid abs.

Top Bottom