Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lex

Administrator
It's definitely Cindey, that's what appeared in the subtitles when I got to that part.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The name is supposed to be Cidney(Shidonī) as that is what the Japanese translates to. The English localisation has it as Cindy, however. Great justice has not been served. :(

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
^On that note, I forgot to mention there's a mode called "Armiger" which seems to charge based on enemies killed, you activate it by pressing L1 and R1 at the same time, it makes you super quick and nearly invincible, that's a bit more like a limit break.
that was max mp, wasn't it? you can only use it with full mp

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's definitely Cindey, that's what appeared in the subtitles when I got to that part.

The name is supposed to be Cidney(Shidonī) as that is what the Japanese translates to. The English localisation has it as Cindy, however. Great justice has not been served. :(

2qcr23b.gif

Is the localization team completely unfamiliar with Final Fantasy? What the hell?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if you use it, all your abilities cost no mp while it lasts as well :monster: (except i ended up having to wait/use the sword with heal mp on the 'rush' option because i tended to start battles by doing the shift attack)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I don't care what her name is so long as there's a date scene in this game that lets you date the nameless woman with the black hair. She's cute.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/poll/index.php

That is a survey to complete if you have completed the demo. It requires you to input the download code for your copy of the demo (which is probably a pretty smart move, on their part). And yes, in the comments box I complained about "Cindey," haha.

You also get a (kinda lame) wallpaper for completing it.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The fact that they are still seeking such direct input on the back of the demo suggests to me that the game is a long way from finished yet. That's not a criticism; I'd rather have wait for a good game than play a rushed one. And if there's one thing Square Enix haven't done enough of in the last decade, it's listening to their fans.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah I'm not an impatient child these days, I'm happy to wait for games (looking at you Next Mass Effect) but it's tricky to forget the years of development that went into this prior to the shift to PS4. I find it very difficult to say "this game has been in development for 2-3 years" when the truth is it's been in development for a lot longer. In the case of this game my patience wore out a long time ago. It's worse than Kingdom Hearts III, which at least only got announced two years ago.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Do you really think Square Enix have been developing it all these years? Whatever work they did on "Versus" back in the day would have used a completely different engine, surely? Besides the core concept of the game, I imagine they more or less had to start over from scratch. I could be wrong.

Lex

Administrator
Of course they had to start over from scratch, that's my point. Prior to the new development cycle they were developing the same game for a previous generation, we've got the old gameplay footage to prove it.

What I am saying is that my brain can't disconnect the two. I'm factually aware that the game they are currently making has only been in development for a maximum of two and a half years, but my patience metre started ticking some time around 2008. I can't go "oh look this is that game they started making in 2012/13" when they started work on the same thing for a different console a long time ago. I don't think anyone is ever going to go "wow that was great for a few years effort". I fully expect this game to have the quality of something that has been conceptualised since 2006, and my logic tells me that this won't be the case.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
But thats like treating A Realm Reborn like a game that was in the development since the start of the first XIV. And how do we know they're making the same game on a different console?

Lex

Administrator
A Realm Reborn has an entirely different timescale and arguably the rules are completely different because it's an MMO. It's not really like that at all since the original XIV was actually released.

You're missing my point anyway, it doesn't matter how similar to the original product it actually is, the fact remains that years were spent on this prior to the current development cycle, and for all intents and purposes it's the same product. There's no doubt that this game is an entirely new thing, but my emotions won't let me just forget the years spent on this before it was rebranded.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I mean, while I get it, that strikes me as just an insistence on being disappointed. Because no matter how good the game is, it's not going to be 10-11 years good...partly because it isn't really 10-11 years in the making.

Lex

Administrator
^Yeah that's exactly my point though. My logical brain can't overcome my emotional brain. I know this is a game that has only been in development for a relatively short amount of time, but my brain won't let me feel like that. I am sitting here typing this post telling you this and knowing it to be true, but no matter what happens I will expect an end product which accurately reflects the amount of time they've put into this game as a whole. Which isn't - no matter how hard logical brain tries to make it - two and a half years. It's a lot longer. It's not an active choice I'm making, it's an emotional connection that won't be tampered with. And it's frustrating.

Top Bottom