Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Ghost X

Anyone read any critical responses to the demo? I've only read Kotaku's one (le gasp), and they seem optimistic with the way things are going. Issues people had with FFXIII seem to have been addressed. The Kotaku reviewer's only complaint was, to paraphrase, "maybe they're being too ambitious". That's not necessarily a bad thing :awesome:.

From what I can figure, it seems like Behemoth's screen time is relevant to the plot, at least in the demo episode, which I hope is the case. Better than what I originally thought, which was a lack of diversity in enemies :P.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Anyone read any critical responses to the demo? I've only read Kotaku's one (le gasp), and they seem optimistic with the way things are going. Issues people had with FFXIII seem to have been addressed. The Kotaku reviewer's only complaint was, to paraphrase, "maybe they're being too ambitious". That's not necessarily a bad thing :awesome:.

Just read the Eurogamer one, which is another chorus of optimism, excitement, and that the battle system seems to have more depth than at first glance.

This is all what I've been waiting to hear. I might just start hoping again. Well, not long now till my own hands on - that is going to be the defining moment right there.

Lex

Administrator
Against my better judgement I've also started to hope again, but it's all your guys' fault for posting about these reviews ;-;

Oh well, I'll find out next week. Square Enix took my money today and it's preparing to ship.

I can do a live stream if you guys are interested? I'm excited for Type-0 - it's a really good game from my experience with it on the PSP guys honestly you should give it a chance - but I will definitely be playing the demo first.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yes, livestream please. Was looking forward to playing the demo but I don't even have a PS4 yet (and won't until September since I decided I'm gonna get that limited red and black MGSV console =P)

Lex

Administrator
I'll make a thread for it and maybe a newspost, we could have a community event to get people in the stream or something, or even just add a page here on TLS with the vid embedded and the chat like we did with the FFVII race. The nice thing is that it's on PS4 so I can stream in 1080p with my fabulous internet <3

Y'all better be there bitches.

Ghost X

Of the megafauna variety, it would seem. You got HUGE Leviathan (seen in early trailers), HUGE Titan, and HUGE Ramuh so far :P. Shall be interesting to see the other summons.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If they give us Diablos with Break Damage Limit, I am so spamming that.

Lex

Administrator
My game is in transit so I'll be streaming the demo at some point tomorrow

y'all bitches better be ready or something

I'll just embed the stream in a post here eh?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
What I really wanted to see in that Ramuh video was how much damage it did, but I guess the 99,999 was just a placeholder value for the demo, considering physical attacks were doing 50-200 damage a hit.

I fully expect to be called boring for saying that, and I admit, there's a part of me that wishes I had the same enthusiasm as the rest of you, but gameplay is #1 for me. Always has been, always will be.

Sure, the animation was epic, but if it's too weak then I'll never use it and if it's too strong then I'll get bored of seeing it. Very few Final Fantasy games have struck the right balance with summons. Come to think of it, X is the only game in which I still use them on pretty much every playthrough.

Edit: just noticed Ramuh's staff has an Ixion head. Nice reference.

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
What I really wanted to see in that Ramuh video was how much damage it did, but I guess the 99,999 was just a placeholder value for the demo, considering physical attacks were doing 50-200 damage a hit.

I fully expect to be called boring for saying that, and I admit, there's a part of me that wishes I had the same enthusiasm as the rest of you, but gameplay is #1 for me. Always has been, always will be.

Sure, the animation was epic, but if it's too weak then I'll never use it and if it's too strong then I'll get bored of seeing it. Very few Final Fantasy games have struck the right balance with summons. Come to think of it, X is the only game in which I still use them on pretty much every playthrough.

Edit: just noticed Ramuh's staff has an Ixion head. Nice reference.

Well if I'm not mistaken the streamer said in order to trigger Ramuh you have to be near death.

I dont know if this applies to other summons as well but atleast in the case of Ramuh it would be really awful if he didn't do a ton of damage due to the predicament your in just to be able to trigger him. I dont think he'll do 99,999 every time of course but I'm sure he'll make it worth while to attempt the summon as well.

Either that or maybe the summons heal a portion of your health after the cast. That coupled with the I-frames of the summon animation could be useful to save yourself in a tight situation.

Ghost X

Lol, demo breakage. So those fancy crystal thingies have something to do with summons, or just Titan, or...

Top Bottom