Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lex

Administrator
I assumed it was, but probably not?

the stage content this year will be different to the next ATR

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/689057161226358784

Well that makes it sound like the ATR will be after the event. I know that's not what it says, but it reads like that to me. Hopefully that's not the case anyway.

I was expecting the ATR to fall somewhere between 19th-25th of this month for some reason. It wasn't officially stated anywhere, that's just what made sense to me based on their announcement that the next ATR would be in January.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Yes!

Ever since we saw Ramuh I've questioned about how they can have such an area-effecting attack and only see a couple of scorch marks (which, though were impressive) quickly fades. But this:

Along with that we’ve the first real look at magic since 2014. If you use Fire magic in a grassy plains for example, the area will be set aflame and the consequences of this will hurt both your party and enemies in the area.

Gives me so much joy. Magic with consequences. Magic effecting areas. Perhaps even magic being effected by the weather. I might finally love magic in a FF game again!

Can't wait for the ATR for more info.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Magic with consequences. ...I might finally love magic in a FF game again!

Has magic had "consequences" in any past FF?

Sounds cool though.

The time I used "W Wind" in FFVI without realising what it did :(
And killed myself with 'Quake' :P (or was it 'Merton'?)

Otherwise, FFVIII has a little bit to the extent that continuous use of a junctioned magic can reduce the stat, though replenishment tends not to be too difficult. And, if you use magick near an Elemental in FFXII, those originally docile things go after ya if they detect it in their vicinity.

But, overall, nothing to the extent mentioned here for FFXV [at least, that I know of].

Claymore said:
Gives me so much joy. Magic with consequences. Magic effecting areas. Perhaps even magic being effected by the weather. I might finally love magic in a FF game again!

I believe FFXII's magick was affected by the weather, so that's promising for here.
EDIT: Weather - Yes, it was, according to this. But what I didn't know is it actually affected weaponry too. If they could do all this with FFXII, why not FFXV, I suppose :)

(Oh, and hello there anyway, FFXV. I've been giving you no thought at all whatsoever, so now's the time to finally look into it all and give games beyond the PS2 a chance!!)

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
RedFFWolf summed up what I was going to say. The only other aspect I would add is the magic-based Ravager role in XIII, because that was quite crucial to stagger opponents. But like Red mentioned already, nothing like the consequences that have been hinted at here for XV.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
From a story standpoint, using materia in FFVII hurts the planet. But that is probably not what you meant.

But then equipping certain materia can lower your HP/MP/Strength, or raise it, etc.

Lex

Administrator
ATR is hitting on January 30th!

At 11pm US Eastern Time. So it's a 4am effort from me. Le sigh.

New screenshots though:

CZlQIK9WEAMR_vv.jpg:large

CZlQ6ikWQAAeI9q.jpg:large

CZlQZ56WAAAOs9M.jpg:large

CZlP4STWkAAKcEY.jpg:large

This was all announced through the FFXV EN Twitter.

Lex

Administrator
For the record, if you use CTRL + it's still quite readable. I had my doubts but I just googled for a better image and it's readable from a magazine scan as well as there.

Is... nobody else kind of surprised by this? I love it! Fuck yeah Square, casual swearing for the win!

Also I now like the character a whole lot more XD

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Prompto's vest:

latest

"It's a beautiful day now watch some bastard fuck it up"

Despite my surprise at 'fuck' being in a FF game.... This. Is. Awesome. :awesome: They'd better keep that in there. I love this. Totally makes me like this dude without even knowing hardly a thing about him. :D

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i was thinking that might be an actual item from roen (finding bad words on japanese clothing brands isn't unheard of), but it doesn't seem to be on the site and i cba looking any deeper for it

i did find this vest with peacock down which is kind of cool, peacock down sounds pretty unique to me, but it's like £760+ and it's sold out. it's that 3/4 of a grand and it's sold out

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Not sure if this was post before but I will do it anyway.

Some months ago in 2015, Roberto Ferrari (Character Designer alongside Tetsuya Nomura) revealed what other characters he designed for FFXV. Source.

12039569_945340485538310_1516847254526422614_n.jpg

11224615_945340492204976_8305137407724307990_n.jpg

12065991_945340498871642_4467643268552719942_n.jpg

He was also who Designed Cindy.

Lex

Administrator
Casual reminder that the ATR is today. Or well... 4am+ tomorrow for us in Europe, but my sleeping pattern happens to be fucked so it's less than a sleep away for me (I intend to take a nap XD).

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Casual reminder that the ATR is today. Or well... 4am+ tomorrow for us in Europe, but my sleeping pattern happens to be fucked so it's less than a sleep away for me (I intend to take a nap XD).

That's too early - or late if you wanna look at it that way - for me. :P Will wait for your write up in the morning Lex. Quite excited.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Im going to try to stay awake, playing FF6. I wonder if its a coincidence they chose the FF7 anniversary to hold the ATR. I know its FFXV-centric, but would they give us a little FF7 tease?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'd say coincidence. It's because they're at Taipei Game Show which happens to be this weekend. ATR is specifically Tabata's thing too so I don't see him showing anything VII related.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Is there a link for the livestream? Figured I'd put it up on facebook. Or is anyone here streaming it?

Top Bottom