Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lex

Administrator
@Channy: Ah - to be clear, if you're joining the google hangout you should NOT have Twitch open. What to do is watch Square Enix's live stream on YouTube (here is a link), have the twitch text chat in popout mode (so you just have a tiny window with the twitch chat in it) and obviously have the hangout open.

@Pixel: The VOD saves automatically to Twitch and the audio will be there. Honestly it should be decent quality from our stream (I know it suffered a bit last time) - you don't have to rip the video from Twitch remember, there's a function to have it automatically moved. I can record locally at the same time if you like, but that puts the fidelity of the stream at risk.

Lex

Administrator
You know what? I'll write a small concise guide for this shortly. I'm just now realising how confusing all of this is for people who don't stream, so I'm sorry for making assumptions XD. One thing I'll be avoiding is posting the hangout link publicly though, because there's a troll who pops in and out much to the har de har of the shoutbox, but it's distracting when you're trying to focus - like if you're me and you have 40 programs open trying to stream.

Pixel

The Pixie King
@Pixel: The VOD saves automatically to Twitch and the audio will be there. Honestly it should be decent quality from our stream (I know it suffered a bit last time) - you don't have to rip the video from Twitch remember, there's a function to have it automatically moved. I can record locally at the same time if you like, but that puts the fidelity of the stream at risk.
Cool, the automatic move should be fine.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
To clarify once more - if you want to join the voice chat there will be a google hangout. Google hangouts are literally just a link you click and it brings you to the group, just make sure you're wearing headphones and are in an otherwise quiet environment (seriously guys, no background noise). Not only because it's shitty to people trying to have a conversation, but because people watching are listening to the stream as well as our voices.

So, the voice chat will be google hangout. The text chat will be using the twitch channel - all you have to do is log in to twitch. Since all twitch chats are just IRC's technically, there might be a way to integrate the TLS IRC in there, but it'd be better to just log in to twitch.

Short version:

voice chat over google hangout
stream via twitch (probably)
text chat via twitch
we will be streaming our voices and the stream simultaneously over twitch

The way it works is all of us who are using our voices use the hangout and watch the official source stream so we see everything at roughly the same time. Everyone who is watching the stream and listening to us will be watching only the TLS Twitch (or YouTube, if we decide to use YouTube, which we probably won't). You can then interact with all of us via the text chat that is naturally on Twitch.

Channy, Twitch should be fine, I'm making the settings fairly bandwidth-friendly. Note however that even with bandwidth-friendly settings, if you have a torrent client or anything like it open Twitch is a cunt about it. I have 100 fibre optic broadband and twitch is still a dick even though I limit the bandwidth usage of all my software. If you want to watch the twitch stream, shut the rest of your shit off and you'll be good.

Yay thanks for explaining Lex! :glomp: I'll at least be here for some of it; I'm so flippin' excited. :awesome:

Awato

I like to draw
AKA
N/A
Think I'll tune in for the Twitch stream ^^ I feel too new here to join a Google Hangout though lol
I AM SO HYPED THOUGH :lol: Sitting through work tomorrow is going to be torture!!

Lex

Administrator
Article is up, I've embedded the Twitch stream and chat in there for those who won't be on the hangout.

Mini-guide:

People who are just watching/text chatting:

1. Make a Twitch account if you don't have one
2. Go here, watch, listen and chat!

People who are joining the voice chat:

1. Join the hangout (will be PM'd, please let me know if you want in)
2. Use headphones and have no/reduced background noise. Mute if there's going to be noise.
3. Have the TLS twitch chat opened in popout mode (link) - log in to twitch to use it.
3. Watch the stream here

I'll start the stream at 01:00 (so 18:00PDT), an hour before the event just to make sure everything's set up properly. I've got a playlist of all the FFXV trailers so I thought I'd let that play as people join so we can be sure we have volume levels etc. set up correctly. Stream quality should be as good as the direct feed, but server load always has a bit of an impact.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Too bad I have to wait until the 31st during the night before it's broadcasted onto youtube, because the time zone in Australia is several hours ahead of most other countries.

But I seriously hope the release date will be this year and not 2017.

If it's for this year and only say hopefully September, my reaction will be "Oh thank god!"

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
@Tash I'm more than sure it will be this year, you've got nothing to worry about. And if I'm wrong you can force me to eat these words if ya want.

Thanks Lex!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Too bad I have to wait until the 31st during the night before it's broadcasted onto youtube, because the time zone in Australia is several hours ahead of most other countries.

But I seriously hope the release date will be this year and not 2017.

If it's for this year and only say hopefully September, my reaction will be "Oh thank god!"

It's already been confirmed for 2016, that is set in stone.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Won't be able to join in the twitch chat since I need my sleep - but have fun everyone. Can't wait to wake up to whatever news unfolds.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I'm all signed up for twitch and ready to go! :excited:

I just reread the first few pages of this thrad last night. Nostalgia. <3

Lex

Administrator
I was about to scold Lulcielid for not posting them but I think I'll just wait for the event also - since we're going to be live-reacting there's literally no point knowing what's coming.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Yea no point when it's later tonight, I want to be utterly amazed and I spoil myself too often.

Lex

Administrator
I've been on GAF (who are quite spoiler conscious but it's still a minefield) and I know that the leaked things aren't that big, though I haven't seen them. I'm still not going to watch them, because IMO what you don't want from a commentator is "oh yeah I saw that before" XD. That would be dumb.

Just clarifying that the leaked stuff isn't earth-shatteringly huge. When the event's over and we're posting the vids we can clarify what leaked and what didn't.

Honestly if people want to remain spoiler free it might be better to keep off general gaming news websites, because you know how they love a good headline about spoilers.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'll be watching the Twitch tonight; I thought of doing voice chat but that'd probably be too much resources being sucked down on my internet. But I'll still be watching the event with everyone! :excited:

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Hey Lex, can you PM me the Google Hangout link? I'm going to try and join in this evening. It will all depend on how tired I am.

Lex

Administrator
I'll create the hangout right before we start for anyone wondering why I haven't PM'd a link to it yet :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
You could start the Hangout now and come back to it at any time; the link won't change, even if nobody's there. In fact, we might even be able to have a permanent TLS Hangout URL.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
PM me a link when it starts, please. I'm still not sure if I can take part but I'd like a link just in case. :)

Top Bottom