he/they
AKA
Tets
SwunSI.jpg

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Kingsglaive jp page uploaded new pictures.

Claurus Amicitia (Gladiolus father)
img_chara_clarus_full.jpg

img_chara_clarus_01.jpg

img_chara_clarus_02.jpg
Ardyn Izunia
img_chara_ardyn_full.jpg

img_chara_ardyn_01.jpg

img_chara_ardyn_02.jpg
Iedolas Aldercapt (he looks a bit older than his game counterpart)
img_chara_iedolas_full.jpg

img_chara_iedolas_01.jpg

img_chara_iedolas_02.jpg

Ghost X

I really miss King Regis's old design :/

Are you referring to how he looks in the movie? I think most characters look quite different in the movie than they do in the game. Unless he's changed in the game too, and I haven't noticed :P.

Lex

Administrator
^Yeah that. The original design had an air of being outside the box because he looked more like the head of a crime family or a corporate executive (the aesthetic Nomura was going for with "this is a fantasy based on reality"), whereas now he's just Old Man King #3000. I think the new one is nice, it's just nowhere near as interesting as semi attractive semi young King Regis in a pinstripe suit. The older one is much more memorable.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
^Yeah that. The original design had an air of being outside the box because he looked more like the head of a crime family or a corporate executive (the aesthetic Nomura was going for with "this is a fantasy based on reality"), whereas now he's just Old Man King #3000. I think the new one is nice, it's just nowhere near as interesting as semi attractive semi young King Regis in a pinstripe suit. The older one is much more memorable.

I don´t know how the original gave that impression, it never came across that way to me, it can also be argue that the old design was just Japanese adult man in suit #113.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I think the old design was cool too, and definitely looks more in his 40's (which is supposed to be his real age anyways...?) but iirc they made him look older because of story plot points of using the crystal's power to protect the country, which will age you up? Guessing it's a power that's kind of taxing to use over time.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think they said it had something to do with changing the looks to match the guy who did the performance capture for Regis:

joncampling.jpg

Lex

Administrator
Hold the telefonica, I recognise him. Why do I recognise him, what TV show has he been in that I know 0_0

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Completely random, but I just heard the Florence + the Machine cover of Stand By Me play on the radio (sounded like they ripped it straight from the trailer because it had the sound effects and the voiceover at the end).

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm just wondering what other summons Noctis will have besides Titan, Ramuh, and possibly Leviathan. Who knows what Shiva would be like. Would she be a massive giant too? Are all summons in FFXV giants?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Wasn't Leviathan shown with Luna? I think she summons him.

I said possibly, doesn't mean that it will happen. But yeah, Leviathan was with Luna(and I know this sounds stupid, but it looked like that he was about to eat her).

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
On another topic, every year CEDEC (Computer Entertainment Developers Conference) takes place during the summer in Japan, and this August, Square Enix's back with more FFXV-related presentations. Some of you might remember the Episode Duscae AI presentation from last year.

All presentations this year are in English, and they allow photography and sharing of information on SNS. Since this is a conference for engineers, programmers, and others who hold technical positions, expect the content to be specialized and not aimed at a general audience. SE usually upload the slides after the conference is over.

1) Optimization of AAA-title development: the case of Final Fantasy XV
2) Final Fantasy XV – Character and environment workflow
3) Level meta AI control system in Final Fantasy XV (the full game, not Episode Duscae)
4) Structure of backend, asset build systems that support Final Fantasy XV development + collection and visualization of gameplay log(s)

There's an English website, but I can't find English web pages for the presentations at the moment: http://cedec.cesa.or.jp/2016/koubo/en/

edit: credits to Rin

Top Bottom