Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Somehow, I don't think the prologue is set ten years later. I mean, remember,
The Kingdom's crystal aged Regis everytime he used that kind of power, so since he's dead and Noctis is the new king, the latter is the new bloodline of the crystal and ring(as shown in Kingsglaive) so in a way, Noctis is being aged now too.

I think someone in the German site got that mixed up. We would've found out next month if Tabata hadn't decided to "polish" the game for another three months.

Ghost X

Bit of a plot hole, this crystal-aging-user thing. Imagine how fast generations of royals would be burnt through in times of conflict :P. You'd run out of people :P.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Bit of a plot hole, this crystal-aging-user thing. Imagine how fast generations of royals would be burnt through in times of conflict :P. You'd run out of people :P.

They'd better start having giant royal orgies to keep numbers high.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Tets, I can't watch 50 minutes of video on my internet. ;_; I will have to wait for a shorter vid or the game itself.

@ Ghost
Well, XV takes place during a time of conflict so we'll see how fast the royals burn through, eh? :monster: I presume they have kids at a young enough age.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Not necesarily a plot hole.
According to Brotherhood Episode 4, the Crystal Power has been used only for 150 years (150 years of conflict), currently there would be 4 generations (Regis being the 4th) of kings and a new generation would come up every 40 years at minimum (since in present time FFXV Noctis is 20 years old and I would assume that Regis became King and had a child past his 20s and not before being 20.)

Botton line: there´s a gap big enough to restore the royal bloodline to keep using the Crystal Power.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Lol Kingsglaive is sitting at 8% on Rotten Tomatoes. Guess its not mede to appeal to mainstream critics.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kingsglaive_final_fantasy_xv_2016

Gee whiz, that's 3% lower than what Ice Age: Collision Course's got on Rotten Tomatoes. Despite this, the Ice Age film rechieved $305.9 Million in the last few months from all over the world, ahead of the pathetic reboot of Ghostbusters which only rechieved $195.1 Million, yet it got more positive reviews than Ice Age 5, and I thought, by seeing some scenes of the movie, that Kingsglaive looks impressive.

How's that for ironic?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
FFXV Master Version off-screen Gameplay (Gamescom demo), this contains the CGI opening scene(s) before chapter 1 and that was edited out from the 52 minutes video that S.E released, Spoilers of course.
From 2:39 to 4:58. The rest is footage already shown in the 52 minutes video.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
*dude films widescreen tv in portrait mode*

8QwWeAa.gif

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Sweeet. Thanks, Tets.

Mercer is the only actor I'm already familiar with, he's great though. And I know he's a fan. It's always cool to see the actors be into it, even if some of the enthusiasm is put on for PR purposes :monster:

Purple

Charmed
Dang, Luna's VA is so different from Lena Headey's voice. It's a bit jarring to be honest. At least Regis' VA sounds somewhat close to Sean Bean.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Oh shit, I didn't know Matthew Mercer was doing voiceover work in XV. I think he was just in Type-0 too.

It doesn't say it in the video, but one of my favorite VAs, Kari Wahlgren (Ashe, Shelke) has returned to the franchise as Aranea Highwind. :megusta:

So far, all the VAs sound pretty decent. Although it is a bit jarring to hear different voices transitioning from Kingsglaive to the actual game, I can deal with that far better than Luna's drastic change in appearance from one entry to the other. They almost look like two separate people from the movie to the game.

Purple

Charmed
I can deal with that far better than Luna's drastic change in appearance from one entry to the other. They almost look like two separate people from the movie to the game.

Lol, that too. Although I prefer Kingsglaive Luna's design and well, now her voice too. Maybe they could've hired an English actress to do her voice in the game? IDK. She sounds both English and American in the short lines she had in the video. Kinda like Libertus in KG

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Maybe they could've hired an English actress to do her voice in the game? IDK. She sounds both English and American in the short lines she had in the video. Kinda like Libertus in KG

You think? That's kind of a bizarre effect considering the actors are Irish and English, respectively.

Lex

Administrator
Maybe they could've hired an English actress to do her voice in the game? IDK. She sounds both English and American in the short lines she had in the video. Kinda like Libertus in KG

You think? That's kind of a bizarre effect considering the actors are Irish and English, respectively.

In fairness Force, Amy Shiels might be Irish but even when she's doing her interview she sounds a bit American. I'd guess she's spent a chunk of her life over there and it's sanded some of the Irish out of her. The English accent isn't absolutely terrible from those clips but specifically when she says "let the gods" something something it really sounds like an american trying to do an english accent. If you've ever seen the TV show The Originals (you probably haven't), there's a dude in that who's terrible at English accents and she sounds really similar XD. But she's not quite as bad.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
They should've let Ignis' VA use his normal speaking voice. Sounds so much better.

He has such a nice and smooth voice. I wish I had a smooth voice and accent like that ;_;

Top Bottom