Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Hey, I only want the UCE cause I want the fucking art book.

The Play Arts Kai is also a nice bonus. :monster: (I sure hope the Kai version is more sturdy than the normal PA versions.)

Lex

Administrator
Season Pass suggests to me that it's something you buy that gives you access to any and all content for the game released down the road. It's not something I've ever bought (and I don't think I'll be buying it here either).

Lex

Administrator
c5PNLVA.gif

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
They're interesting character designs for sure, and I love Aranea, even though I still can't help but think Lightning's 'Savior' outfit every time I see it. It sucks that all of his characters didn't make the cut from Versus to XV, but it happens. I feel like that snippet of translated interview sounds like he's whining a little bit, but oh well.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so, what's the deal with the world building here in terms of language

i have experienced? consumed? 3 pieces of ffxv stuff so far; the type 0 demo, 3 episodes of the anime, and kingsglaive.

the demo did the old 'it's english but written in fun letters' cipher-text style that ffxiii used. but then brotherhood had regular japanese text around, especially the episode with the school which made it look basically like any japanese school in an anime except people have names like noctis and prompto and lucis which aren't very japanese at all. then you have the film, which had some japanese on signs and licence plates but also a bunch of regular english text in regular non-funny letters in the background.

i guess the demo could just be taking place in a region whose 'language' is english-with-funny-letters. but then where is the school episode of the anime meant to be taking place? i would have assumed that would be insomnia, but is there a district in the city where everything seems to be written in japanese?

Lex

Administrator
It is indeed! I just looked it up and it's at 3pm ET, which is 8pm for me. I CAN WATCH THAT TOO HOW LUCKY AM I. Hopefully the concert doesn't run into it though, which it might depending on how many tracks they play.

Livestream/ chat?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
VG247: In the past FF has featured very broad customisation – with something like the job system, the same character can be twisted in a lot of ways. How deep does your customisation go? I noticed in the build I played Noctis had 29 abilities he could eventually unlock, I think?

Tabata: 29, yes. This is actually one of the areas we really are focusing on hard in our last push and our fine tuning. We really want to make it so that the differences in the player’s styles in terms of how they play and control the game can have that differentiation there. We’re putting a lot of time and work into finishing that so it can be really satisfying.
If this had been Nomura answering this question, he would have said, "Was it 29? Look closely the next time you're playing. The number has significance. Keep thinking about that number as you play, and ask your friends about it as they play."

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Story takes place over ten years

“It’s not typical to see a lot of Japanese RPGs with a mid-aged man as the main character,” he continued. “A lot of people who like Japanese RPGs would be surprised by the fact that they’ll see this character age in the way that he does, so it took a lot of courage for us as developers to do that. But we felt that it was important in communicating [the party’s] development and wanting to express it in a way that we only can with the current generation of consoles.”

I wonder if it's just gonna be a time jump or gradual?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
My guess is there will be a time jump at whatever point it was reported the narrative and exploration is supposed to tighten into more of a hallway.

Also, lol at 30 being "mid-aged." XD Though I do feel old as fuck these days.

Despite that bit of hilarity, kudos to the development team for being willing to give us a main character old enough to remember phone booths.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
30 is practically ancient for JRPG protagonists. :monster:

I do like that Noctis aged alongside everyone waiting for this game to come out :wackymonster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
30 is practically ancient for JRPG protagonists. :monster:

I do like that Noctis aged alongside everyone waiting for this game to come out :wackymonster:

Yeah, which is why Basch was changed from being the protagonist of FFXII to Vaan.

I do like that Noctis has that John Wick-look going on. It's kinda hot. :awesome:

I do like that the game will take place over a ten year span. Definitely a cool way to experience the story and the changes that take place over the course of the plot.

Top Bottom