Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Aw don't tell me that; it's just another excuse for me to throw the wedding I never had.

And yeah, I think the last FF wedding we saw was in XII. Cause Serah and Snow never actually got hitched. :monster:

Still salty about that.
THREE GAMES MAN, three games.
Even in the damn light novel epilogue we don't even know if they are together, it just seems like Snow is struggling by himself with some major PTSD, so frustrating.
I didn't even like that pairing that much but at least give us some resolution.

I've had tumblr psychos get mad at me because I said
Serah should be there to help him through that.
:aah:

Purple

Charmed
Noel and Yeul got married

wait wat

lol yes they did. There was this mini novel that came out in Japan after Lightning Returns, that's canon by the way, that says Noel and Yeul are married. They even made fun about how they got married ahead of Snow and Serah.

IIRC, the novel's main character is this reporter from the "new world" who traveled around to interview the gang of LR.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
The thing about Versus XIII for me that I was "expecting" was:

---Yakuza Criminal Elements (or "connections" with the Underworld), akin maybe to Yakuza or Grand Theft Auto or maybe Shenmue (though for the Shenmue element, FFXV doesn't appear to lack anything).

---A certain amount of "dark romance" akin to what we saw in Final Fantasy VIII (even if it would be a side story or backdrop to everything that actually goes on). I hope Luna doesn't disappoint in that regard, since she seems very strong, even compared to Stella. So far, though, their "marriage" appears one out of convenience rather than feelings.

---I'm hoping Post-game is actually engaging this time around instead of some New Game Plus nonsense. While LRFFXIII was fun on its own, it failed to appeal in a deep sense like FFXIII-2 and it's "Chrono Trigger" elements. I started to feel like Garland stuck in a "Time Loop" because of New Game Plus.

As far as post-game is concerned though, I'm hoping it's less a chore and more a combination of a chore-blessing idea... Kinda like how you got rewarded with Master Materia in FFVII for beating the Weapons, or getting a rare card or token or summon in FFVIII. Something that's useful no matter where you go and not just a one-time "pointless in post-game" item.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Aw don't tell me that; it's just another excuse for me to throw the wedding I never had.

And yeah, I think the last FF wedding we saw was in XII. Cause Serah and Snow never actually got hitched. :monster:

Still salty about that.
THREE GAMES MAN, three games.
Even in the damn light novel epilogue we don't even know if they are together, it just seems like Snow is struggling by himself with some major PTSD, so frustrating.
I didn't even like that pairing that much but at least give us some resolution.
It's cause Snow never put a fucking ring on Serah to make it legit. :kermit:

I'm not sure if I should watch Kingsglaive now, or wait until XV happens to watch.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Luna Edition PS4 Slim

Image21.png

Lex

Administrator
Also re: that trailer, beware the spoilers. There's one pretty big one. You might not have noticed it. If you didn't, don't go looking for it if you don't want to be spoiled XD.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Someone noticed this on NeoGAF and wrote "lol let it go Nomura"

CsOFyODXYAAOHUY.jpg:large

...they're not wrong XD

Wasn't there that one bit of art where Sora was sitting on a throne just like Noctis was? (y'know, that old CG render from back then) Pretty sure that Nomura made that deliberate.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Yes that's the piece. Also, I remember that particular CG of Lightning was to mirror the one with Noctis on the throne. Can't remember if they were produced at the same time, but I'm pretty sure that they were.

(I feel like this is like a "redraw an old piece" meme for Nomura, rather than him just repeating a pose. :monster:)

...That being said, does anyone happen to have a high res image of said CG render of Noctis? Wild shot in the dark, I know.

AvecAloes

Donator
I can't find any specific high res versions, but how has this not been posted yet in our current discussion since we've been talking about it?

such brood, many angst, wow

Top Bottom