Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Ghost X

Looks like a new summon in that trailer. I thought it was shiva at first, but it appears to be a faerie, and looked to have a companion. Any guesses?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
With those boobs? Definitely Shiva :monster:

Also, chills, so many chills.. Really actually getting some stakes, emotion and urgency to the story of the game, especially now after watching the movie too, knowing how it sets up.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That was the first trailer since the E3 2013 reveal that actually made me excited while watching.

Also, the soundtrack album:

CsYPfjjUsAAOyW-.jpg

sJD7c6i.gif

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
It was, but I'm a little mad that that was in the trailer. I wanted that moment in the game to kind of take my breath away, Noct finding out about his father and the fall of his city and whatnot...I'm sure the fully fleshed out scene will have more of an impact than this blip in the trailer, but maybe now not as much :/

Ghost X

The drama bits where they're arguing, etc. I can just imagine the cinema sins guy going "skip!" to it. I just don’t find those scenes appealing at all.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It was, but I'm a little mad that that was in the trailer. I wanted that moment in the game to kind of take my breath away, Noct finding out about his father and the fall of his city and whatnot...I'm sure the fully fleshed out scene will have more of an impact than this blip in the trailer, but maybe now not as much :/

In fairness, him yelling about his father not telling him and sending him off with a smile and all have been in trailers for awhile now. I think this was just the first time it was subbed :monster:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
^There a a very believable theory of why that is.

Personally I just want the damn game in my hands already, let me experience it for myself plz square.

That trailer was pretty amazing tho, better than the one at E3. I'm slightly surprised at Luna being slapped by Ardyn.

Edit- For foreshadowing reasons in the plot that is.

Edit 2- It's not all too shocking honestly.

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
After I saw that I honestly dreaded going on Twitter after that trailer was released because I knew certain crowds of people were going to be out full force, ranting that the female lead was slapped a male character. Aaaand that was indeed the case, among other things.

But nobody had an issue when Lightning slapped and punched the shit out of people in XIII. :monster:

All in all, good trailer; it was nice to see the story showcased a little bit more. Definitely got the chills.

I too, am wondering why Gentiana hasn't aged.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
After I saw that I honestly dreaded going on Twitter after that trailer was released because I knew certain crowds of people were going to be out full force, ranting that the female lead was slapped a male character. Aaaand that was indeed the case, among other things.

But nobody had an issue when Lightning slapped and punched the shit out of people in XIII. :monster:

All in all, good trailer; it was nice to see the story showcased a little bit more. Definitely got the chills.

I too, am wondering why Gentiana hasn't aged.

Double Standards.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Umm let me be clear... very clear.

My comment about Luna being slapped is in regards to a spoiler leak I read a while back. Nothing about SJWs or any of that stuff.

If people do continue I will spoil it for everyone, so I suggest we all stop here before it gets worse.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Honestly, at this point, Luna can't win. She can't stand up and be compared to Stella, who no longer exists and thus has to compete with the expectations of the viewers own imagination, she is in a game already criticized about it's women to men ratio, so her role is hyper scrutinized. So the developers hype her up as a "strong female character" constantly to satiate those fears, but that in turn annoys everyone who is already tired of hearing how strong and independent she is without ever showing it.

And now, a villain does something villainous to her, and already people are decrying that. But I bet if she is too strong and powerful, people will call her a Mary Sue.

There are more unreasonable expectations thrown at her than the entirety of the game sometimes.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Double Standards.

Well yeah :monster:

Umm let me be clear... very clear.

My comment about Luna being slapped is in regards to a spoiler leak I read a while back. Nothing about SJWs or any of that stuff.

If people do continue I will spoil it for everyone, so I suggest we all stop here before it gets worse.

My comment was not directed toward you in anyway; but while you had brought up that moment that was shown in the trailer, I decided to add in my thoughts.

Honestly, at this point, Luna can't win. She can't stand up and be compared to Stella, who no longer exists and thus has to compete with the expectations of the viewers own imagination, she is in a game already criticized about it's women to men ratio, so her role is hyper scrutinized. So the developers hype her up as a "strong female character" constantly to satiate those fears, but that in turn annoys everyone who is already tired of hearing how strong and independent she is without ever showing it.

And now, a villain does something villainous to her, and already people are decrying that. But I bet if she is too strong and powerful, people will call her a Mary Sue.

There are more unreasonable expectations thrown at her than the entirety of the game sometimes.

I completely agree with everything you just said. I don't even want to add anything, you hit the nail right on the head.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare

This is pretty true. And pretty sad. I at least won't be judging Luna until I play the game and watch the movie, in which I won't judge anyways, I'll just see what kind of character she is.

Lex

Administrator
While I'm not ready to write off Luna by a long shot, I do think it's silly to hand-wave away concerns about how she's been marketed so far.

There's a good discussion thread about this on NeoGAF and I'd encourage people to go read that.

This is probably the most appropriate post in that thread re: my feelings on the matter:

Final Fantasy XV's press cycle in general has been a hard lesson in western gender politics/equality for square I feel.

The English speaking reaction to lack of female party members and sexualisation of Cid totally blindsided them to the point that they didn't understand the problem and initially made fun of it during a Dev stream because they felt wanting more females and not wanting sexualised females were conflicting stances.

Cut to 12 months of English press asking them what's up with no girls and SE spending a lot of PR time telling us there are definitely great strong females in the game as NPCs.

Essentially, just because Tabata has been harping on about how Luna is a strong female character doesn't particularly make it true. Here's another section of a post that echo's my thoughts on Luna:

But so far, Luna has been marketed to us as a character who: sits in a chair (fine), dramatically stands up from a chair and shoves a gun away (cool), summons/battles/I don't really know Leviathan with her magic powers (yeahhhh), and repeatedly gets the shit kicked out of her (wait WHAT). Not even during a dramatic battle scene - she gets kicked around as a child, then gets pimp-slapped by Ardyn.

I mean, this is without even taking into account her behaviour in Kingsglaive. Or that spoiler I won't post about that makes everything monumentally worse lmao. Like I can't even begin to tell you all how right I've been since I first started moaning about the changes nine million years ago XD. I hope that leak was wrong as fuuuuuuck.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Lex, would you PM me about that leaked spoiler so I know what keeps being referred to? Particularly since it may be relevant to this topic?

As is, I'm fine with the character so far. She basically just strikes me as a Yuna-like figure, and I thought she was plenty capable/strong/whatever positive adjective in "Kingsglaive" -- but if this potential spoiler undermines that, I'd like to know so that I don't keep thinking "Did these people see that movie?" when I know they've seen that movie. :monster:

Top Bottom