Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
So Nomura's an Amano fanboy like me, hehe...

I wonder if he reads the Vampire Hunter D manga adaptation of the novels? :D

Jarlix

Pro Adventurer
He said there will be direct sequels. Already. Please fucking kill me. I'll still buy it and I'm chuffed with the promise he'll finalize the first story but no more, I don't want to wait for Versus after it's out. Still hyped.

I like how he said this was like the first component of an epic poem, can you just imagine the ancient poet Homer penning a Nomura game.

AND THUS, HE GET UPPUTH
AND FEASTED ON THE BELTS AND ZIPPERS
of the SLAIN
AND SUMMONED FIFTY SWORDS

GLADIOLUS SPERGED WITH HIS SWORD
HE GRANTETH HIS MASTER A HEADLOCK
THEN POWERBOMBED A BRO FOR EVERMORE

I dunno.

I love this sort of modern environment, I just hope the world feels as enticing and diverse as VII's or near. VII had a lot of really weird shit in it I feel wouldn't fly today and I really liked that. Red XIII and Cait as members, Cloud spazzing out and slapping Aeris after the BM fiasco, Honeybee Inn.

This is looking a good deal more similar to VIII.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I don't like this tendency to change eye color to indicate emotion or some special power. Makes for lazy ass storytelling.

I guess "special power" is more forgivable, but dnw. AssCreed for example adds some gameplay value, seeing targets, allies, enemies, whatever.

But he sees dead people, which is better than mood ring hair and eyes. I can live with that.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
My line of thinking is this:

If they make a game that's a disappointment, I'll just have to make a game that's even BETTER.

Yeah I know, I'm still a noob in indie game development, but that's my plan.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I don't think he meant direct sequels. They said XV's was so big it could accommedate many more stories. Like FFXII only took place one a few continents, XV will probably take place mostly inside one city.

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
I don't really like the special eye powers. It reminds me way too much of those Mary- Sue OC's where they all have red eyes and special powers to do almost fucking anything. Mostly the Naruto eyes where they have Neji, Itachi, Kakashi eyes all mixed together.

Ugh.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
As long as there's a good reason for changing eye colors (seeing dead people, looking into a different dimension, someone else in control of his body, etc.) I won't be bothered by it. It only really bothers me when a character's appearance changes for no reason. To be honest, I've always seen physical changes as a double-edged sword as it lets they guys you're fighting that something major has changed about you.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I don't really like the special eye powers. It reminds me way too much of those Mary- Sue OC's where they all have red eyes and special powers to do almost fucking anything. Mostly the Naruto eyes where they have Neji, Itachi, Kakashi eyes all mixed together.

Ugh.

Tbh there's something about Noctis that gives me Gary Stu-ish vibes. But I know it's too early to tell. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he won't end up being one, and that this whole thing would be great.

Jarlix

Pro Adventurer
We're going to have problems with the story because it's not going to be as diverse. It feels like Nomura has too much of a creative stranglehold on this and the other devs don't get to pitch in as much, FF has always been like a stir fry. The stories were usually poorly written but so screwed up and creative that they're nonetheless amazing fun. If someone wanted to add in like, a fucking werewolf or a Cait Sith character or an amusement park, well no. Unless Nomura wanted it.

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Not going to comment on the rest of the series.
But FF7 and 8 are better written than most tv shows/ movies let alone games.

Anyway
Epic lol at the title change.

Huge kudos to those who guessed it to happen years before.

Arth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Arthquake
I hope we´ll see soon enough more information on the game´s world beside all we know from the old trailers which locations surely have changed somehow.I already love the FF VIII similarities and I hope they give other characters than Noctis more insight on their past, WAY more than FF VIII did.Imagine something like a japanese version of ´´Stand By Me´´.Would love to see that brought to us by film fan Nomura :monster:

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade

Ugh.

Protip: It's only a boring stereotype if you do nothing but read said Fanfics all the time. ;)

Also, from a practical standpoint, I'd rather PLAY a Gary-Stue than simply read one...

God-like powers tend to be more fun when you can actually PLAY with them. I do believe the Infamous series and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed are key examples.

Also, FFVIII haters can rot in a Malboro's stomach for all I care.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Damn, guess I'm out of luck till I can afford a Playstation 4 (if I ever decide to) or an Uber PC.

Thanks Danseru.

AvecAloes

Donator

There are a lot of things I like about in his interview portion, but this really makes me happy:
A Final Fantasy game has battles with numerical values (damage counters, as in Final Fantasy XIII and previous games, we assume). Damage is displayed in numerical values and the player has to manage HP and three playable characters, whom he can switch between freely. There is plenty of co-operation and the player will be aware of the activity of characters outside the party. (It seems that all five characters fight and travel together, but the party is limited to three participants.)

Jarlix

Pro Adventurer
If you've ever been to London there's a lot of medieval European architecture you can still see interwoven with the buildings and tapestry, it's metropolitan but there's a definite regal finesse to it. And I like that this game has some of that. Some parts of the trailer made me feel like I lost my way while heading to Picadilly and ended up in some of the surrounding locales.

Locksmith%20in%20Piccadilly.jpg

I live near here.

Fuck yeah, Shibuya hipsters in London = Versus.

Tbh London looks a lot more fantastical than some of what's been in the recent trailers.

Jarlix

Pro Adventurer
I wanted to make an action-based Final Fantasy game. I toyed with the idea of switching to a first-person point of view and making Noctis the only playable character, and even getting rid of the UI completely. But that would have eliminated any resemblance it had to a Final Fantasy game.

I'm glad we saw footage before he said this or else I'd think he's retarded, now we know he's just batshit insane. Good for creativity.

Noctis’ level in the E3 2013 trailer is quite high, so he is able to use many weapons and warp freely. Players won’t be able to use all of those skills from the beginning of the game.
The starting point is the Kingdom Hearts series’ simple and exhilarating action feeling. It’s not difficult. Most things can be performed intuitively. I am also considering each difficulty level’s specific operation procedures. Companions support the player with co-operative attacks and respond to situations with autonomous actions. The battles will be varied.
In Final Fantasy XV, it is possible to free-run towards monsters outside the map, as well as ride on monsters and aim at specific parts of their bodies.
There will be flashy situations and boss battles like the Leviathan battle [shown briefly in the trailer], in which it is causing a water tornado and the player is jumping between collapsing buildings.
The feeling of speed is important during battle. The player can freely control the character’s movements, but spectators (people watching, not playing) might lose track of what’s going on.

my body is so fucking ready

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
If you've ever been to London there's a lot of medieval European architecture you can still see interwoven with the buildings and tapestry, it's metropolitan but there's a definite regal finesse to it. And I like that this game has some of that. Some parts of the trailer made me feel like I lost my way while heading to Picadilly and ended up in some of the surrounding locales.

Locksmith%20in%20Piccadilly.jpg

I live near here.

Fuck yeah, Shibuya hipsters in London = Versus.

Tbh London looks a lot more fantastical than some of what's been in the recent trailers.

For a moment there, that Lamborghini sure looked like the car from Versus/XV :monster:

Top Bottom