Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I happened to stay home from work today and the delivery date happens to have moved up from Thursday to today. I'll just be sitting on my couch making a poopoo face all day until it gets here. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
It would be impossible for me to regret this UCE purchase. I think it's one of the most glorious things I've ever seen. I'm even amazed by the Noctis Play Arts Kai, and I've never even been interested in those XD. IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE

Q7TTEUP.jpg

DfmPqXg.jpg

6su9HHJ.jpg

Mn1wWkI.jpg

M9u7BeB.jpg

NfnnXR0.jpg

I'm a happy boy right now :D

Just cooking dinner while I wait for the patch to download then it's ALL SYSTEMS GO

Lex

Administrator
The guide is excellent quality, comes with a huge wall-poster map and a lithograph of Noct and the guys.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'm just 10 minutes away from the time where deliveries stop... Most likely I'll have to wait until tomorrow, if I'm lucky.

Enjoy it for those of us who can't play it yet, guys.

:sadpanda:

EDIT: And there we go, it's over. *Sigh* Damn! :lol:

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
My housemate is toying with me ... he keeps sending me pics of himself holding my Amazon package lol. :lol:

30 mins of work left!

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
*grumbles at delivery delay notice* Damn UPS... Why does Amazon even use those assholes? Every damn time...

Still says arriving today by 8pm, but I'll believe it when I see it...

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Downloading the patch now after going through the agonizing process of setting up LUNA.

Might as well fluff the branches on my new Christmas tree until it's done. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
After all the waiting today I'm actually too tired to play past the prologue :'D

After having played Episode Duscae and Platinum Demo a bunch though, you can immediately tell it looks and runs a lot better now.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
So ... apparently I had somehow completely forgotten that I had ordered the Deluxe Edition from the Square Enix Store. :O

Oh well. Will return the Amazon one, lol.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So.... shouldn't FFXV get it's own sub-forum?

It's a brand new FF and it's likely that multiple subjects are going to be discussed. Gameplay/story/exploits/merchandise etc etc.

If it's all talked about here they'll be spoilers and the thread will move so fast it'll be hard to keep up....

So (spoiler-free) first impressions anyone? :huh:

I'm waiting on reviews before I buy this, might get it to play over Xmas.

AvecAloes

Donator
*grumbles at delivery delay notice* Damn UPS... Why does Amazon even use those assholes? Every damn time...

Still says arriving today by 8pm, but I'll believe it when I see it...

MINE FUCKING TOO

When I went to UPS's tracking system, it said that it's been updated for TOMORROW.

FUCKING. TOMORROW.

:ffuuu:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS DAY HAS ACTUALLY COME WHAT IS HAPPENING

Calm down, it's not the FFVII remake yet :monster:

Anyway, woo I played it for a few hours. First impressions and random thoughts (spoiler tagged beacause game and gameplay spoilers, but, only light / early story spoilers beacause err, I get the feeling the story hasn't really started yet)

(note: mostly criticisms and rants because I don't think anyone knows me for seeing the good parts in anything ololol :monster: ):

Tutorial bit: Graphics look rather ehhh... dated. It's mostly static and straight everywhere, no post-processing, lighting, or any such things. Or at least, not noticeably. Or not something that gives the game much atmosphere.

(also post-tutorial) Combat system feels sluggish and wonky, like, either you just press and hold buttons and hope for the best, or mash things. Neither of those options make it feel like an action-RPG, as in, it doesn't feel like I'm in control. Definitely no DMC or GoW or whatever. Will have to see if I get the hang of it.

Game bit: HOW THE FUCK DO I PUSH THE FUCKING CAR WHAT IS THIS GAME WHAT THE FUCK. oh wait there's a tiny hint on the right telling me I should press R2. I had hit all the buttons already, but, did I mention the game felt rather sluggish? R2 only starts an animation after holding it for a second. Activating a vendor usually takes two or three attempts at hitting X. Running never lasts long, although I found out you can jump back to the car pretty quickly. Not that quickly though, map is two menus away.

On a positive note: Impressive music library in terms of size so far. Don't particularly like the regular 'travel' and 'city' music, but idk.

YAY CAMPING SIMULATOR. Cozy little tent for four dudes. One would think royalty would have some money to, idk, get a trailer at least. It's really hard to marry the "prince wossname and his royal retinue / bodyguards are on an epic journey to get hitched" storyline with the "teen friends go on a camping roadtrip in dad's car" looks / feels. I'm probably a pleb that Just Doesn't Get It though.

speaking of, driving is ehhh. Very limited. Physics don't seem any better than Farming Simulator. I can't even jump on a car. Or grab the owner, murder them for their money and steal the car for that matter.

The cutscenes and interactions with other characters are... poorly done. No attempts at lip sync, poor animations, hard to find a link between the actually decent voice acting and the visual story. Feels very unpolished. May just be my shit memory but XIII did that lots better. As did XII. Maybe even X. XIV also does it better. I guess they're trying to go for the 'random event' thing, but really, that's no excuse to be this poor in a series that has focused on good storytelling for so long.

I'm also running into a lot of (side) quests and even a main story quest that seem unfinishable without something pointing out the obvious. A quest marker that points to a guy you already talked to (the description says you have to travel to the next location). A "treasure hunt" quest or two (find this thing, find this dude) that despite searching the area thrice gives no results. That kinda thing. Really annoying. Glad I'm not a completionist, I skipped those for now, the rewards aren't great anyway.

All in all there's a lot of things about this game that feel unpolished or unfinished, as if Square didn't really look at what makes other games in this style good. Or, you know, didn't spend ten years on it. That's probably the cause though, they over-engineered shit like the weather and the outfits of the characters but forgot to polish the character interactions or properly playtest the quests.

I'm hoping they'll fix the quest things at least, but the interactions... yeah that'll stay as they are, they're not going to redo those.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I want to download the DLC that came with my game, but since I didn't make my cousin's PS4 the primary PS4 system for my PSN account, I'm like wicked paranoid. Is DLC attached to the PSN account, or the system? Can a PSN account purchase DLC when it's not on its primary PS4/not the primary user, and can other accounts on the PS4 use said DLC? I just wanna keep my stuff separate from my cousin's...

Am I being too paranoid, or just dumb about all of this? Am I being too annoying with my questions?!

Also, where is the video this gif came from?
tumblr_ohd38rg8N01sd29ego1_400.gif

I NEED THIS VIDEO IN MY LIFE.

Last edited:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
How's it taste? I want to run out to Target and get some for myself.

...I show them my packing slip for FFXV, it'll count as a proof of purchase and I can still get it for free, right? >__>;; and can I get more than one for free hahaha.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Not sure how the free aspect works. I don't have the game, so I just paid $2.99 plus tax for each. As for how it tastes, I shall let you know soon. Waiting for my son's mom to get home. I'm not expecting to like it, though.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Cleared the first blockade. Snipers everwhere.

Imperial troops will follow you for miles on foot if you let them, and they show up to 'aggro' other unwanted crowds at the worst possible times if you're not careful.

Reminds me of FFII's Imperial drone soldiers in that sense.

Don't forget to sell your loot now and again too.

Get in the 'circadian habit' of eating before major battles and sleep before nightfall, it makes things easier due to food buffs.

Check back in with Restaurants too, as item locations can respawn.

This game + "Blue Fields" on the Car Radio. I'm in heaven.

Lex

Administrator
Spoiler free impressions:

Enjoying it so far, getting into the swing of things. Surprised by how quickly I've taken to the combat, it's pretty simple but already you can see the complexity with all the options available. I had fun switching things up.

Not much to say on story yet, I'm still on Chapter 1. Gonna get stuck right into it all tomorrow. I get sucked into exploration and side quests. It's going to take me forever to finish this XD. I found two pretty powerful weapons in the first area. I think the daggers are my favourite to use so far.

I'll likely have much more to say tomorrow :monster:

Metal Heart

quiet like a fight
I haven't got it yet, but how does everyone feel about the game compared to other Final Fantasy games? I wanna play it because it does look good, but I'm broke and don't own a PS4/XBOX1 yet. lol

I sorta spoiled myself with the villain. Is Ardyn living up to hype as best villain yet? Or not?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Quick question...

How does one get A King's Tale, if one preordered the Deluxe Version from Square shop? I did not get any code or anything like that.

Also, the Season Pass is EXPENSIVE. 24.99€!! Yikes.

(Passing time while I wait for this thing to get to my house)

Top Bottom