Game of Thrones

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I havent actually seen the episode yet but this Tickler business sounds like I could get really mad about the show for once

I mean up until this point I haven't really felt that any of the deviations of the plot were too drastic but imo Arya's killing of the Tickler in the later books was the biggest pivotal change in her character and to diminish such a major event for such a significant character dogs my cats

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
really, THAT'S what pissed you off? i was more agitated the tickler died early and so we didn't get arya's killing him bit with the 'is there gold in the village? is there jewels? where is beric dondarrion?'

Yeah but I forgot about that from the books so :monster:.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I still laugh everytime the series states kinslaying is worse than kingslaying, I mean this entire series is based off the premise of "kill everyone!!!!!!!!!"

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I still laugh everytime the series states kinslaying is worse than kingslaying, I mean this entire series is based off the premise of "kill everyone!!!!!!!!!"

Whilst skirting around the issue of child molestation conveniently, :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
really, THAT'S what pissed you off? i was more agitated the tickler died early and so we didn't get arya's killing him bit with the 'is there gold in the village? is there jewels? where is beric dondarrion?'

Fuck I came to post this

it really annoyed the shit out of me

took away a really awesome moment for her

Lex

Administrator
So Kyle Landry did a cover of the theme song. If anyone doesn't know, Kyle Landry is awesome. Especially look up his FF, Zelda and Kingdom Hearts stuff.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Jaqen H'ghar is almost exactly how I imagined him.

Love that creepy he look he gives after "A man has said..."

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Saw second episode. Pretty interesting. I find the dialogue a little bland, but the characters are really enjoyable to watch them interact.

Tsunami Shijo

Detective, Oni Exterminator
AKA
(was) Ruckasck, Jihl Nabaat, Tia Noto Yoko
Just watched Episode 6. There's barely anything that happens the same as in the books now :huh:

halso OMFG
:aah::aah:
YEAH ANOTHER EPIC IMPSLAP. FUCK JOFFREY. Kinda miss the epic chase around on horses and shit during the revolt though. D: WTF they almost gangraped Sans. No Lolys I guess, but then who will Bronn marry?

SO YEAH I really like the actress who plays Ygritte

WTF I JUST SAW TONKS NAKED NOT SURE HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THAT.

DANY'S DRAGONS GOT KIDNAPPED BY THE UNDYING I GUESS? I guess she'll be going to the house of the undying to rescue them. WTF MAET. Shit is getting WAY different. They killed off the handmaiden that died in the books to make up for it I guess?!?

:aah::aah:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
there was lollys i think, there was one woman, quick shot who had her clothes torn off and pushed to the ground i think

BUT NEVERMIND THAT WHAT BABY SANSA NO SANSA MY SWEET DARLING NO

my upsetness was literally manifested as the hound i wanted to disembowel those assholes

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
WTF I JUST SAW TONKS NAKED NOT SURE HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THAT.

oh good im not the only one who felt really strange about that

so like

holy book changes batman

i mean practically the entire episode diverged from the books. it makes me uneasy ._.

also, i find theon a lot easier to sympathize with in the show than i did in the books. kudos to his actor.

Tsunami Shijo

Detective, Oni Exterminator
AKA
(was) Ruckasck, Jihl Nabaat, Tia Noto Yoko
I'm not too pleased that Osha wasn't given a spear like in the books. Nope, she has to use her "feminine wiles" so they can have a scene where she gets nekkid. :monster:

I suppose it's petty to complain about changes when you know things can't stay true to the origin maerial %100

But they seriously seem to focus on pointless sex scenes waaaaay more than necessary while not giving more important characters screentime. >_>

I really don't like where they're going with Jeyne Westerling's character. Cat has already met her and yet Robb will still make the stupid mistake of marrying her. I think they're gonna be focusing more on the romance/relationship, and turn it into something that developed gradually. But the whole tragedy and stupidity of Robb's marriage to Jeyne was that it was STUPID and IMPULSIVE, and showed that Robb was still a boy. His marriage to Jeyne was not some sort of tragic romance. "Oh but Jeyne, I am promised to another, we can never be together!" "How tragic! Rebel against your mother! It's totally a good idea to fall in love with me and endanger your alliances!" Etc. etc.

Gag.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The more I look at it the more I realise Jaqen H'ghar was the catalyst for Arya becoming what she does become later on. I still don't agree with the way they dealt with the Tickler, but the show really does a good job of showing how Arya becomes obsessed with controlling life and death.

Williams plays Arya so brilliantly, and the little things the show add in that respect really flesh out the things I missed in the book. Straight off the bat Arya gains control of three lives, and she instantly recognises the huge amount of power that is.

edit: Also the Night's Watch segments are still fantastic.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
A man wonders how they're going to bring Joyen and whatshername into the series now.

A man believes they're shooting themselves in the foot with their changes now that will come back to haunt them later on.

A man, at the very least, likes the visuals of Quarth and the North etc, :flipmonster:.

POO ON UR FAEC LOLOLOLOL

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I think the last episode was grand.

And also Doreah is still alive we did not see her corpse perhaps she betrayed Dany and must die next episode?

Having Rodrik as the point-of-no-return for Theon made me way happier than the smith or whatever because I always found Rodrik's killers kind of forgettable. Theon is so well developed in the show I was like yay.

And Tonks nekkid :O yay? Yeah. Yay.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah having seen Theon do this thing fo reals in the show, really brings out how tense the whole thing is. Fantastic moment in the show, probably one of the best in this season so far.

Also,

Just watched Episode 6. There's barely anything that happens the same as in the books now :huh:

I honestly thought the events of Episode 6 were closer to the book than the ones in Episode 5, at least in the general gist of it. As for timescale, I think they probably happened at different points in the books, but I definitely remember
the confrontation with Ygritte (some of that dialogue word-for-word at least), Theon taking Winterfell, the Lannisters getting mobbed in King's Landing, etc.

If you're talking about the way they've switched around a character here and there for someone else and other finer details then sure

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
Yeah at this point I am miffed at the smaller things like
the fact that they weren't on horses during the riot and Renly's peach (never forget never forgive)

But the big changes the show has made? My patience is paying off, a lot of the great moments this season wouldn't have worked with a straight retelling.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Yeah at this point I am miffed at the smaller things like
the fact that they weren't on horses during the riot and Renly's peach (never forget never forgive)

But the big changes the show has made? My patience is paying off, a lot of the great moments this season wouldn't have worked with a straight retelling.
I STILL WANT MEERA AND JOJEN WEH

AKA
Im beginning to get pissed off by some of the changes they have been making in the series, mainly thesame as mentioned above but even the craster beating up jon segment pissed me off.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Not me! Jon and Craster don't meet again, so the show gave that tension a conclusion -- in a book series that is largely about lack-of-catharsis, the show brings closure where it can. I can support that. It makes it more fun to watch. If the artistic integrity of Martin's brutal story is compromised, I'm okay with that.

But Renly's peach man.

AKA
I'm sorry but Jon is fucking badass in the books, there ain't no way crater of all people should have been able to sneak up on him let alone knock him out.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Jon is a massive derp in this show idk why

and wildlings grinding all up on his dick an shit lol

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm sorry but Jon is fucking badass in the books, there ain't no way crater of all people should have been able to sneak up on him let alone knock him out.

wildlings are typically sneaky bastards anyway, you gotta give 'em more credit lol
jon probably could have easy owned him on a face-to-face fight but still

Top Bottom