Game of Thrones

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Renly is already dead? :monster: Unless you're referring to Loras' brother who wears his armor or something?
I'm just not really seeing any part of that suggestion that is suspenseful, considering the battle is most obviously a Lannister win :monster:

Also, confusion as we've barely had indication that the Tyrells were going to ally themselves with the Lannisters

It's Loras dressed as Renly in the show. They obviously felt the need to clarify the Lannisters had won, because they had Tywin striding in to claim the victory, who didn't arrive until later in the book.

Also, I can see non-book fans getting really fed-up of the Lannisters coming out on top season after season. Especially with the
Red Wedding
still to come.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
No, just their scenes have been complete donkey bollocks this season. They've turned Jon into a chump (future Lord Commander? Do me a favour, I'd rather have Grenn) and Dany's been a whiny bitch with a crappy subplot that won't affect anything.

So, completely book accurate then.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
[
The speech would've been fine if we had witnessed Tyrion's ingenuity in winning the war. Without the chain or any other brainchild, we only have the wildfire - which he hijacked from Cersei in the first place. Also, Tyrion spent most of the provision sitting around scratching his head, whereas in the books he was preparing the wildfire and had the chain being forged as well. This was supposed to be where Tyrion's smarts really came to the fore. I never got that from HBO.

Well as Bronn said, the real problem was with application. You let untrained men load wildfire onto many catapults and eventually someone's gonna screw up and denotate everything on the wall. The way Tyrion had it set up only Bronn and Halyne were handling the material. Less moving parts, better chances of success.

It's nothing as good as the chain, and the scenes where Tyrion was fruitlessly reading books about sieges really didn't iimpress me, but still.

I'm with you on Jon.

Old Bear's parting words: I hope ye make a better Ranger then a Steward! (He really, really, really doesn't)

I dunno how he's gonna go from this to Lord-Commander.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I dunno how he's gonna go from this to Lord-Commander.
sam's intervention?

It's Loras dressed as Renly in the show. They obviously felt the need to clarify the Lannisters had won, because they had Tywin striding in to claim the victory, who didn't arrive until later in the book.
in the books, the victory is almost always attributed to the tyrells AND TYWIN showing up. him showing up at the end is correct for what the books tell us.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
in the books, the victory is almost always attributed to the tyrells AND TYWIN showing up. him showing up at the end is correct for what the books tell us.

Yes but Tywin wasn't leading the vanguard, was he? Ergo, he wouldn't have been one of the first people alongside Loras (Garlan Tyrell in the books) to burst into the throne room. If they had held off showing Tywin it would have left things on a cliffhanger. People might think Highgarden had come to claim King's Landing for themselves. Who knows?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm not too upset with a lack of chain, it's but a detail all in all, but things like that... they can cut out a single line of BS and replace it with a "I had the blacksmiths create a chain for great justice lulz". Just like they could've had Joff say
"yeh this s0rd was made from your dead dad's one coem and kiss it LoL oh and Payne's got the other

Speaking of Payne, someone make a "not amused" macro of that one. :awesome:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Ice hasn't been melted down yet, that's book 3. Pretty sure Payne has it on his back in this chapter.

But the chain would require a lot more naval combat to matter.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Speaking of Payne, someone make a "not amused" macro of that one. :awesome:

33bzgae.png

Ite

AKA
Ite
I was totally blown away when he brought out Hearteater. Seeing as how Longclaw is the only sword they give lore to, and they left Lightbringer in the sand as soon as they forged it, I didn't think that they were going to even show Hearteater. I guess in show-canon Joff forges it himself out of Ice. He seems like the type.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
And Stark isn't? :monster:

(this is me assuming a Rowling name has to do something with last names having a wordy meaning or saying something about the character's personality)

also,

n5uOj.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Anyone remember when the main theme wasn't completely mauled during the opening credits?

Yeahhhhhhh

ed: btw the Season 2 soundtrack has been out for a couple days iirc

Ite

AKA
Ite
I'm used to the changes at this point, I'm more interested in watching the cool city models than singing along.

Anyone else love how Harrenhal doesn't move? The first time it showed Harrenhal in the credits, I got chills. It was creepy as hell.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
They'd better bring in and pick the right fellow for Vargo Hoat. You know, voice and stuff, :monster:. Very important, that.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Yeah yeesh at this point I was like "They're bringing in Shireen? Now? Weird." but Vargo Hoat and Edric Storm aren't on the list...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yet :monster:. Somehow I'm sure they'll reduce those to minor characters. Which they are, perhaps, in the big scheme of things, but come on.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Keep in mind that's not a complete list of new characters, just a list of characters who are confirmed to be in the next season. Odds are there are going to be quite a few more new characters than that.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, definitely. Moar
dwarfs that play only a minor role here but a pretty big one in book 5
, for example. And fuck knows how many other people :monster:.

I do wonder how they'll fidget the Joyens into there though; iirc they were "just there" in the books, but then, memory is wonky, :monster:

Top Bottom