Game of Thrones

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Nope. T'wasn't anywhere in the books that I can recall...

Apparently HBO has spoiled the identity of the ridiculous looking White Walker leader as the Night's King. The half-mythical 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who fell in love with a female White Walker and enslaved his brothers with black magic.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I found his Vietnam story very entertaining, this part of the story is just hilarious:

To my surprise, they gave me the status. I was later told – I have no way to prove this – that I was granted the status because our conservative draft board felt that anyone who applied for CO status should be granted it, because that would be punishment enough: Then it would be part of their permanent record, and everybody would know that they were a Commie sympathizer, and it would ruin their lives.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Apparently HBO has spoiled the identity of the ridiculous looking White Walker leader as the Night's King. The half-mythical 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who fell in love with a female White Walker and enslaved his brothers with black magic.

-_- Tsk tsk tsk.
Sure, what's beyond the wall is a great mystery and the white walkers are terrifying and strange, but...in the show, they're a little bit too zombified for my liking. After reading the books, I envisioned them as just...ice spirits or some such...not ghouls. Now, I do recall this story popping up somewhere in the books so I'll have to touch on it when I get to that part again.

That was a really good interview.

"Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles".

I've decided to reread the series and invest more thought into it. I've read book 1 about three times already so I started off with book 2 yesterday. :D

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Dany is still fabulous and unforgiving, huzzah. I like that Jon's rising to the occasion and becoming a leader. It seems that he finally knows something. The White Walker thing was too weird and I had no idea what the fuck was going on, but I have a feeling it'll be significant at some point.

And the honourable mention goes to little Tommen, who came hard. :monster:

114613-margaery-tommen-yes-gif-Imgur-yC2I.gif

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It has spoilers for later in season four (namely, who kills Joffrey).
They made that abundantly clear in 4x04, which annoyed me to no end. This revelation wasn't supposed to come for some time; speaking of, it's also somewhat irksome that suddenly Sansa has become a detective and doesn't trust people. I understand that people like Sansa, but the fact is that at this point she's still supposed to be somewhat naive and trusting, and she doesn't unravel the mystery of King Dickhead's death - it's flat-out revealed later on.

And don't get me started on Bran and Co. getting taken hostage...

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I'm still screaming because of OATHKEEPER i also ignored *THAT* scene from the episode before that to make it better.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Daaaaaaaaaamn
hodor'd the HODOR out of that hodor.

Also
who didn't see Lysa's batshit coming a mile away, much less the I'M GONNA SCREAM TONIGHT bit?

Brienne and Pod was pretty good though hooray!

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
That reminds me.

SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS BASTARD DAUGHTER NOT HIS FUCKING NIECE WHAT THE FUCK IT ESTABLISHES THEIR RELATIONSHIP IN THE EYRIE FROM THEN ON

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's motherfucking Hodor, bitches :awesome:

also,
HdzaDQF.jpg

also, lulz power lines beyond the wall

also,
VyImmxH.jpg

also,
vMr1dgc.jpg

also, after seeing some .gifs, I'm thinking there may be something fail with my TV or something, since the night scenes are dark as fuck. Might be the power saving thing going apeshit, idk.

also,
U0XEN4J.jpg

also,
ijUkz72l.jpg

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Just a general thought, not going to go into details. It seems like this season of Game of Thrones is being a little clumsy with exposition. There were reveals in this episode, and the last episode, that could of been handled a little more subtlety.

- Interview With Linguist David Peterson

The best part is this:
HBO: Have you planted any Easter eggs in the show?

David Peterson: One of the biggest is from Episode 3 this season. There's a scene where the Meereenese rider is challenging Daenerys' champion. He's shouting and Nathalie Emmanuel [Missandei] is translating – but she's not translating what he's saying. He's actually saying a Low Valyrian translation of the French guy's insults in 'Monte Python and the Holy Grail.' That was [series creator] Dan Weiss's idea and it was so hilarious that I had to do it.

HBO: Have fans caught on?

David Peterson: They know that something's going on. Right after that episode aired, I was getting tweets like, "Is he saying a 'your momma' joke?" Close… But no, he's actually starting out with, "Your mother is a hamster."

holy-castle.gif

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Twitter and hashtags are the worst thing to happen to the world since Sony acquired the rights to the two best franchises Marvel owns. (Let's be honest here those movies are so awful they should be rocketed directly into the sun)

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
ever prepare a feast to be enjoyed and eaten while watching game of thrones, only to end up eating all of it during the intro?

Top Bottom