Game of Thrones

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
By the way, it has been confirmed that the change to the first season from the third affected
Marillion. He doesn't die, however; he has his tongue ripped out.

So I wonder who Littlefinger will blame Lysa's death on, then?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I don't believe Marillion is dead; he's just had his tongue ripped out. Which, if anything, would make blaming Lysa's death on him even more convenient. Unless he can write, he'd have no way of contradicting Littlefinger's story.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Yeah, but the whole reason Lysa kept him around was because she liked his singing. Kinda hard to sing without a tongue. :P So I'm wondering if he'll even be in the Eyrie - I guess they could just have him playing his harp thinger.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, but the whole reason Lysa kept him around was because she liked his singing. Kinda hard to sing without a tongue. :P So I'm wondering if he'll even be in the Eyrie - I guess they could just have him playing his harp thinger.

Ah, that's a good point. However, he still has his fingers, so he can still play the harp. Joffrey actually asked him which he'd rather have before cutting out his tongue. I can't remember what his answer was.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
His answer was
"all men need hands" so Joff was all WELL IN THAT CASE TONGUE IT IS

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Lulz.

Ratings hit a series high for the finale. That's good news. General trend of ratings has been to go upwards.

Ep 1: 2.22 million
Ep 2: 2.20
Ep 3: 2.44
Ep 4: 2.45
Ep 5: 2.58
Ep 6: 2.44
Ep 7: 2.40
Ep 8: 2.72
Ep 9: 2.66
Ep10:~3.0

Only dips were for episodes 2, 6 and 7. That's almost the reverse of what seems to be the usual trend for shows, which is for less and less people to watch.

More ratings info

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Sean Bean made a comment that appears to confirm that
Ned Stark is not Jon Snow's biological father. The comment: It came from here. If anyone other than GRRM and D&D would know who Jon's true parents were, it would probably be the actor that plays Ned in the show. So infer from that what you will.

Who else could be his father? Before Snow leaves for the wall, Ned tells Snow he is a Stark, even though he doesn't have the Stark name, he has his(Ned's) blood.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Who else could be his father? Before Snow leaves for the wall, Ned tells Snow he is a Stark, even though he doesn't have the Stark name, he has his(Ned's) blood.

The most common theory is that he's the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. I posted some links that elaborate on it in one of my posts discussing the matter, but here they are again: 1 2 3 Speculation seems divided on whether he's a legitimate son or not, as the Targaryens practised polygamous marriages so it would not be unthinkable for Rhaegar to have married Lyanna despite already being married to Elia; if Jon were legitimate, that would give him a claim to the throne. Though I can't remember if the Targaryen succession laws would make his claim as strong as Dany's. If it were anyone else's laws his claim would be stronger, but I seem to remember the Targaryen laws being different.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
252.gif

tumblr_lmptm836dL1qbb23yo1_500.jpg

lol'd, I must admit

edited to add another image

edited again for
2jep5yb.gif

zgTVJ.jpg

the visual resemblance is uncanny

also:

tumblr_lmsp20z1JV1qjuha7o1_500.gif

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
2bCvs.jpg
:monster:

also,
gryffindor.gif

Lannister.JPG

mind. blown.

also I guess this wasn't posted yet

tumblr_lmdls9azou1qd54p7o1_500.gif

and I can't remember if this was posted yet either but if not it should have been

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Google image "Lion Crest" and that's pretty much the de facto image of a lion.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Snow's lineage is briefly touched in the first book by the conversation between Ned and Robert.
I haven't seen anything to imply that
Rhaegar was his father O.o

The most that is said is that Robert mentiones the only time he ever saw Ned not be so doom and gloom was when he was with his maid and then states her name. When he implies Ned slept with her, eddard merely asks Robert not to speak anymore about her.

Then again it is also stated that the rumours within the castle when he returned stated it was a different woman and Ned flips his lid when caetlyn asks him about her.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Snow's lineage is briefly touched in the first book by the conversation between Ned and Robert.
I haven't seen anything to imply that
Rhaegar was his father O.o

The most that is said is that Robert mentiones the only time he ever saw Ned not be so doom and gloom was when he was with his maid and then states her name. When he implies Ned slept with her, eddard merely asks Robert not to speak anymore about her.

Then again it is also stated that the rumours within the castle when he returned stated it was a different woman and Ned flips his lid when caetlyn asks him about her.
It's never directly mentioned. However, there are many passages that really only make much sense if Rhaegar and Lyanna are his parents. This is covered in the links I posted in my previous post addressing the matter. Again: 1 2 3

Also I'm adding spoiler tags to your post, because some people probably might not want to have speculation on events that haven't happened yet.

@slicery: find better friends

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
A bunch of .gifs here. I can't really be arsed copying the URLs to all of them right now. Spoilers may be implicit in some of them; I haven't really looked for awhile.

edit: ok the server's being sporadically shit so

gotsansa.gif

gotpycellesquats.gif

gotshaggydog.gif

gotrobbfucksatreeup.gif

gottyriongetfuckedup.gif

gotfreylick.gif

and a short tribute to what could have been, and wasn't.

gotkhalhorso.jpg

I think a couple of those were poasted previously but whatever.

edit:

p2eb4.png

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Also, aaahahahahh, server too busy, :monster:. That's what you get for using a non-easily, non-horizontally scaleable piece of archaïc softwarez. (or just tweaking your software / settings)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Like I said, fail software and administration. If it's the webserver that's overloaded, that's easily fixed with an extra webserver and a load balancer. If it's the database, same goes, although they'd have to duplicate the database. Which shouldn't be a problem, mind.

If they're smart though, they switch to a horizontally scaleable forum software (not sure if that actually exists, mind), and go to a cloud hosting party like Amazon where they can scale on demand, i.e. only pay for what they actually use / need.

Really need to research that though. I actually think a CMS / forum software that works like that could work, and could be sold to bigger websites like that particular one.

Of course, it wouldn't come cheap, so I'm not sure it would even be marketable, :monster:. Perhaps offering it as a service would work out.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V

edit:
We're having some issues routing web traffic to one of our forum servers, this has caused a compounded problem with our already reduced capacity, and so the forums have not able to operate for anything more than 2 out of every 5 minutes. So, while we figure out how to get the server back in the pool, I'm taking the forums offline. -Ramius
That could explain it I guess.

edit 2:
oSIec.jpg

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
gif_reaction.gif

Top Bottom