Game of Thrones

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I haven't read the books yet XD

And there is somewhere to watch it online, but I don't know. Aaron definitely knows cause he watches it online.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
If you enjoy the episodes but aren't an HBO subscriber, make sure you buy the DVDs/Blu-Rays when they come out. The more support this show gets, the better the budget will be in future seasons and the more chance it will have to go through all seven books. I definitely intend to pre-order the Blu-Rays as soon as I can do so.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Same here. I have HBO, but whenever I download stuff, I try to make an effort to buy what I download if it turns out to be quality material.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Basic code of modern net piracy. Support the things that deserve and need support.

Take everything else.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Im currently reading the book whilst watching the series, quite enjoyable since you see how close they have tried to keep the stories and where the show has tweeked bits nicely.
Perfect example being the tyrion lannister confession that aaron has in his signature.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I personally think it's better to read the books first and watch the show after; I'm sure I wouldn't understand half of what's happening (and forget the characters) if I just watched the show, :monster:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Most of the newcomers I've read accounts from have said that they can follow all the important stuff, though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
But there's too much unimportant stuff that's not in the TV show, :monster:.

I mean, the fact there's more cocks in it than exclamations of 'hodor' says a lot.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I figured out by episode 4 that Hodor had the vocabulary of a pokemon.

I don't find the show hard to follow at all. It's actually quite refreshing to have a show that you have to pay attention to in order to enjoy. The first few episodes were a welcome mental workout that I haven't had since The West Wing (as a non-American, a show about US politics might as well be set in Westeros).

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
"This is a holy place where my ancestors have come to pray to the old gods"
*in stumbles Hodor with his wang out*
"Well hello there big boy!"
"That one's got giant's blood in em"

Gotta love this series.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
But there's too much unimportant stuff that's not in the TV show, :monster:.

I mean, the fact there's more cocks in it than exclamations of 'hodor' says a lot.

I counted three cocks and at least three exclamations of "hodor." Have I missed some?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
also:

tumblr_lmiznrQxKF1qgltz0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lm65efapKU1qkhufwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmeo9uRqxV1ql5d6ao1_500.jpg

tumblr_lme7blBw0o1qh0oqco1_500.jpg

tumblr_lme90ks6351qh0oqco1_500.jpg

tumblr_lme6ltvoHg1qzvjn8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lm7fiydPB91qzg87wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmcv3fQWj01qaqgmso1_500.gif

tumblr_lmco5u2jAD1qk24aoo1_500.jpg

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
YjqjH.jpg

also, drag this onto your bookmarks toolbar then click it on any other page for epic win.

edit:

tumblr_lmi8xgDyJO1qk2t5co1_500.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hodor :monster:.

Related, it's Dinklage's birthday today. He shares it with Hugh Laurie, Shia LaBeouf and Gene Wilder, :monster:.

Laurie would fit in the series. :monster:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
So, I watched the two first episodes and I like, I like a lot!! :joy:

(Yes, pirated. How on earth to watch it in Greece? :()

I haven't read the books, but I'll get to it. Favourite characters until now: Arya (<3), Jon, Tyrion, Ned. And Robert when he's in his I-have-big-belly-I-laugh-and-eat-a-lot mode. :lol:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
(Yes, pirated. How on earth to watch it in Greece? :()

The same you do it in the Netherlands, you pirate it, :monster:. There's no legal way of watching it over here.

Incidentally, this is also why TV show piracy is as popular as it is. As long as there's no easy and no-legal-bullshit way of being able to air and/or sell a show globally, things like this will persist. If they want to sell or air the show in Europe, they have to get permits and the like for each and every country separately. In the US, on the other hand, they have a potential audience of 500 million (or so?), instantly.

If everyone had TV and internets and the like in countries like China and India, TV shows like this would absolutely bomb.

It is known.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
If you haven't seen Arrested Development you probably won't. But you should see it :monster:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Well, there goes Ned. Watched it with my parents, and this was the reaction:

Parents: <shocked silence>
Me: :awesome: THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS SERIES
Dad: I didn't see that coming.
Me: I know right.
Dad: Joffrey is such a little pisshead.
Me: I KNOW RIGHT.
Dad: Well, that was depressing. I'm going to bed.

In other news, I'm kind of pissed they gypped us of the fucking awesome battle scene with Tyrion in the vanguard. I'm sure it would have been really expensive and time-consuming to film, but still, what a cop-out.

Also, Aaron, ever since you posted that gormless-Jon pic I SEE IT PRETTY MUCH EVERY TIME HE COMES ON SCREEN.

I was planning on waiting til at least this season was over until watching since I heard it's most likely viewed in one big chunk. Then I made the mistake of watching the first eps the other day to see what the fuss was about.

Fuck.

I just finished eps 7 and desperately want to continue watching but if I do I'll fall asleep at work tonight.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Each episode keeps getting better and better. I have yet to watch last night's ep; I'll probably do that tonight.

But I find that if I skip a week and watch two episodes at a time, I'm more likely to need more episodes than if I watch one a week XD

EDIT: I bought the first two books, and as soon as I'm done with the current book I'm reading, I'm going to start reading them. Or do you think I should hold off until the end of the season? I don't mind being ahead, but would it be weird to read it in the middle of the season? Which would be better?

Top Bottom