Game of Thrones

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
giphy.gif

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I have screenshots galore from the trailer, which I will post with explicity spoiler tags when I get back from running errands. There's a lot of fast cuts in this trailer, so you literally have to frame by frame to see everything.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
All right, I took a bunch of screenshots from the trailer, because there are a TON of things that one can easily miss due to the fast edits.

Most of the screenshots are from are from those fast edits where we can't easily discern what's happening, or clips that we can barely see without going in slow-mo, so there aren't shots from every separate clip. Let me know if you have requests.

HEAVY SPOILER ALERT FOR BOTH THE SHOW AND THE BOOKS.

Are you sure?

Davos standing over the remains of a what looks to be a fire... or a pyre. Maybe remnants of Shireen's burning?
CdDpP-JW8AE8LGN.jpg

The were tales from the set of a flayed man burning on a Bolton cross on a battlefield. Now, here's the proof! There's no clear way to tell who it is though.
CdDpkkJWIAANFse.jpg

Dany visits Vaes Dothrak once more, in entirely different circumstances this time around.
CdDqCTWW0AYZEIT.jpg

A nice shot of what I'm assuming are the Iron Islands, because we get a nice shot of some Greyjoy standards! I'm sure it's not Balon Greyjoy's funeral though.
CdDqS_3WEAMJF9B.jpg

Sansa, dressed in furs, like a true Stark of Winterfell. It's not clear where she's at though. I'm assuming it's Winterfell.
CdDqdGSW0AQajEz.jpg

Tyrion, in what looks to be a dark, cavernous underground. Going to see some dragons, maybe? :awesome:

Our first glimpse of the fight at the Tower of Joy. Young Ned is easy to pick out. He's supposed to have six companions with him, including a certain Howland Reed, but I can only pick out five bodies. Either way... we have our first look!
CdDquiwWIAE5vlY.jpg

Members of the Night's Watch, about to bust into... somewhere. Maybe the room where they're keeping Jon's body? We can easily pick out Alliser Thorne.
CdDq9KyXEAAsYew.jpg

Putting these two screenshots together, because I believe they're from the same scene. We have Tommen, appearing to be leaving the throne room, and Cersei entering it, with Robert Strong behind her. Whatever the situation, they look none too happy. Maybe it's for Cersei's trial?
CdDrFYMWwAEJvJT.jpg

CdDrPXeW8AEWy-e.jpg

The Greyjoy fleet!
CdDrYi_W0AAZg3b.jpg

Littlefinger, back in the North. I really want to say that this is the Godswood. Just a gut feeling.
CdDrd0GXEAEKTc1.jpg

Theon in a forest, and boy is he surrounded. I want to say that these are Bolton men, maybe? I think the hounds at the bottom of the picture support this theory, because the Boltons kept the dog kennels nearly full.
CdDrwSBXIAEH5Ih.jpg

A great shot of Pilou Asbaek as Euron Greyjoy. I assume this shot is from the same scene posted earlier, with the wideshot of the Greyjoy banners.
CdDsxKCWAAAu3BP.jpg

Brienne, about to kill a bitch. :monster: I believe this is likely how she encounters Sansa and Theon, with Bolton men pursuing them. I took the shot of the man without Brienne's face in it to try and discern which house he serves, but that is definitely her.
CdDs-QFW0AIf9l7.jpg

A shot of Dany's hand. How do I know it's hers? Because she's had the same ring since Season 1 in her wedding to Khal Drogo, and costumers have stated it belonged to her mother, Rhaella. I believe the scene itself may be Dany with the Dosh Khaleen.
CdDtNzmWoAAYt8M.jpg

Melisandre. Don't take this shot too far out of context. She may be about to disrobe, but she looks frightened as hell. 99% sure she's about to pull something drastic to resurrect you-know-who. It's certainly an interesting look for her character. We almost never see Melisandre scared.
CdDtZAEWAAEK2b0.jpg

Jon Snow, totally ded.
CdDtgrnWIAEqb27.jpg

Now, I thought nothing of this shot until I did was going through it frame by frame. Take a closer look at the woman on the bottom. Yes, that is Yara Greyjoy. This should be an interesting scene.
CdDts-eWoAAG7ur.jpg

Another shot of Euron Greyjoy. At first I assumed he was on a ship, but that is definitely stonework in the background. Likely the Iron Islands.
CdDtzdVXIAcZvz-.jpg

Two images from the Tower of Joy; Ned and one of his companions, perhaps Howland Reed, fightning a member of the Targaryen Kingsguard. Note the sigil on his breastplate. Because of the badass dual-wielding, I want to say that this MAY be our Arthur Dayne.
CdDuSC8W0AA9lEm.jpg

CdDugR9WEAEzjDZ.jpg

Close up of Tormund, fightning against the Boltons. Note the flayed man sigil on the shield. But... who's leading the battle??
CdDurYZWoAITAqi.jpg

WELL MAYBE IT'S THIS FRICKEN GUY!!

I'm onto you, HBO. :watchingu:

Note: he's on the gray horse that's NOT on the ground.
CdDux1mWoAASQ-U.jpg

CdDu42WW8AA26hD.jpg

Tyrell troops getting feisty in front of the Sept of Baelor.
CdDvDH7WAAAw84L.jpg

Sansa, running from a mystery pursuer. See my thoughts above on the Brienne and Theon pictures for the possbile context of this scene.
CdDvJp9XIAAYgFp.jpg

DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAN?

I'm assuming this is from a vision. But seven hells, it made me jump.
CdDvP_dW4AEVkQH.jpg

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Lith, have I ever told you that I love you? :awesome: It's fun looking at these and seeing the stuff we discussed while watching the trailer. Ermagerd so excited :awesome:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
WOW thanks for the screengrabs, lith! :properhug:

It looks like Bran pulled a Daniel Radcliffe and turned into a man overnight. :lol: I sort of noticed it in season 4 but it's very evident now. :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Yeah, he certainly grew up in the span between the end of Season 4 and now! Minor tangent, but I wonder if they'll say anything on screen about the character getting his hair cut.

There are a few scenes I've talked with Flare about that I didn't put screencaps from in the post, but there's a certain one I think may be from the end of the 5th book.

Here's a pretty good breakdown of the Season 6 trailer from youtube channel Alt Shift X. He covers pretty much everything I talked about which my captions on certain scenes, but it's a good vid nonetheless. Not to mention I just love listening to this mofo talk. :monster:

Total spoilers, both TV show and books btw.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I just read that article about 30 minutes ago. I'm incredibly hyped for this season as well, but I have no doubt that it will be good, purely because of the plotlines that we're going to see.

But in other words, Kit Harrington is still denying that a presence in Season 6 other than just being a corpse.

I mean dude. Seriously. I know you have to deny everything, but come on. Even some of your co-stars have let things slip.

I mean, it's not even funny anymore.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So the women of Game of Thrones have taken over the covers of Entertainment Weekly magazine (for a total of six individual covers that I'm totally buying, since they have some gorgeous shots of the costumes), with the promise that the women will be dominating this season.

Hype train just increased to even more massive speeds.

“The women are rocking this season — and I’m not just saying that because they’re on your cover,” says HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) always does, but also Brienne (Gwendoline Christie), Arya (Maisie Williams), Sansa (Sophie Turner), Cersei (Lena Headey), Margaery (Natalie Dormer), and other characters too, like Yara (Gemma Whelan). They power this season. It’s organic to the storytelling, yet a radical shift. It’s the women that are the hope that we’re watching as the chess pieces move this season, and it’s very exciting.”

Here's the link to the story from Watchers on the Wall: http://watchersonthewall.com/the-wo...er-entertainment-weekly-this-week/#more-59089

Covers below the cut, and they are GORGEOUS! Although I am kinda peeved that Carice van Houten didn't get a cover of her own.

1408-1409-ewcover-apr01-emilia-108.jpg

1408-1409-ewcover-apr01-lena-387.jpg

1408-1409-ewcover-apr01-maisie-471.jpg

1408-1409-ewcover-apr01-sophie-985.jpg

1408-1409-ewcover-apr01-gwen-277.jpg

1408-1409-ewcover-apr01-natalie-521.jpg

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Thanks for the pictuars, lith! :properhug:

I sure think Carice deserves cover, I mean...I think she's going to be pretty important this season. :wacky:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I've always loved Natalie Dormer's unique look/face, beautiful in a really different way..

...but holy crap Sophie Turner is a woman now :megusta:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I've always loved Natalie Dormer's unique look/face, beautiful in a really different way..

...but holy crap Sophie Turner is a woman now :megusta:

I know!!!

All my little Stark babies have all sprouted... :'(

But I'm glad that we got a semi-decent close up of one of Margaery's costumes. Her Season 5 costumes look awesome, and it's a pity we didn't get to see them in more detail.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Alrighty, the title for the first episode of the 6th Season has rolled in, and it is... *drumroll please*

Episode 1: The Red Woman

Official summary:

Jon Snow is dead. Daenerys meets a strong man. Cersei sees her daughter again.

Official Season 6 summary:

Following the shocking developments at the conclusion of season five, including Jon Snow’s bloody fate at the hands of Castle Black mutineers, Daenerys’ near-demise at the fighting pits of Meereen, and Cersei’s public humiliation in the streets of King’s Landing, survivors from all parts of Westeros and Essos regroup to press forward, inexorably, towards their uncertain individual fates. Familiar faces will forge new alliances to bolster their strategic chances at survival, while new characters will emerge to challenge the balance of power in the east, west, north and south.

Amidst all of this, it should worth noting that Kit Harrington's name is notably absent from the list of series regulars for Season 6, but we'll just overlook that for now. :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Maybe The Red Woman is actually
quaithe.jpg
. Hm, hmmmm??? :monster:

A possibility, but given that Liam Cunningham (Davos) said that the first episode of the season with Melisandre is going to be a biggun, I won't doubt that the title refers to Mel.

I do wish we saw more interesting stuff with Quaithe though, like in the books.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I feel like
Quaithe is such a mysterious character with a big part to play in the books, but since season 2 of the tv show, she hasn't appeared since then, right? I'd love for her to come back.
I do agree that the Red Woman seems to obviously refer to Melisandre, but there's usually more meanings to be found for the title within each episode. So I'll be keeping an eye out for more red women. :awesome:

Top Bottom