tumblr_mn59h2j2cM1qb0gmwo3_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn59h2j2cM1qb0gmwo4_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn59h2j2cM1qb0gmwo6_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn59h2j2cM1qb0gmwo7_r2_500.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Kind of let down by the video games asoiaf has received. The board game is a lot of fun to play though.

Yeah, same, and I haven't even played any of them. Bethesda should get the rights and create an RPG in the style of TES and Fallout, imho, there's plenty of potential there, even if they don't follow any of the story and just use the world. A good tactical game would work too - Total War, etc.

Also, please, for all that is evil and unholy, no MMORPG.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Yeah, same, and I haven't even played any of them. Bethesda should get the rights and create an RPG in the style of TES and Fallout, imho, there's plenty of potential there, even if they don't follow any of the story and just use the world. A good tactical game would work too - Total War, etc.

Also, please, for all that is evil and unholy, no MMORPG.
I'm all for this. I haven't played the actual game that's out for it, but it's not received raving reviews from what I've heard.

Carlie, that was totally accurate about what's going on right now. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Okay back to meaningful discussion :monster:

My friend was all "lol they're totally overdoing the dark and edgy Arya thing" but when he saw the
Red Wedding episode he was all like "Welp I guess my one true god is Death as well"

bless you Game of Thrones

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Spoiler tags kthx :monster:. Still need to see it. Already know what's gonna happen, the previous episode pointed in that direction. Still, probably would work better as a season ender
for great trollage and frustration in people that haven't read the books :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I missed the original airing of the episode at 9pm because I was out but this gave me time for the next airing at 11pm to read the spoilers from the episode and prepare myself for the Red Wedding as anyone who read or knew anything about the books knew it was happening in this episode. I was honestly going to see the Red Wedding but then I found out how Talisa got killed and I just couldn't handle watching something as disturbing as a pregnant woman getting stabbed in the belly repeatedly to death especially since my niece was born over week ago, I would be traumatized for the rest of my life. Even looking away at the last 15 minutes I still got teary eyed and depressed. Since I didn't I didn't see it I'm wondering how did Blackfish get away?

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Ep 9....

tumblr_inline_mntlmv5pRy1qz4rgp.png

I know what's gonna happen but the ep is still shocking and disturbing. The one that gave me a heart attack is Catelyn's reaction.

So thankful I knew the jist of what was going to happen.

Well,
at least now we have fewer characters to follow. :monster: That's always a plus.

EDIT: I have to admire the story though. Ned Stark's death was considered the biggest bombshell and I honestly didn't think that the red wedding would top that in terms of impact. But it did.

I was honestly going to see the Red Wedding but then I found out how Talisa got killed and I just couldn't handle watching something as disturbing as a pregnant woman getting stabbed in the belly repeatedly to death especially since my niece was born over week ago, I would be traumatized for the rest of my life.
That scene is the one half of what makes my mind and heart silent right now.

I avoid emotional attachment to the characters as much as possible because, well, this is Game of Thrones after all. I'm not going to let myself care for characters just so the author can outsmart me and have me sob over a fictional character. The style in GoT of killing anyone at any time is ballsy and commendable, but in turn it keeps me from bonding with the characters (as a safety mechanism).

But the sight of Talisa being stabbed the way she was is truly shocking, no matter the character. Never before have I seen such brutal stabbing of a pregnant woman portrayed on screen. It renders my expression neutral, my mind silent and my heart heavy, because this type of killing is just NOT MEANT TO HAPPEN.

The other half that moves me is the sheer brutality of the rest that goes on. Betrayal. A mother's despair. Utter slaughter. It is GoT business as usual, true, but it's a style that I never get fully used to. Every episode is painful for my nerves, but the show is of too high quality for me to skip it.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
tumblr_lmsvd87A1f1qiuukyo1_500.png

Seriously, serious episode is serious. And the stuff besides the ending was pretty oarsom, too, even if the episode will be remembered mostly by the last bit. Controversial, too.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

I should know by now that you shouldn't get emotionally attached to characters when they die in a show like this. But my God, I wasn't prepared. NEVER EMOTIONALLY PREPARED. Robb, Talis and Catelyn falling to their deaths broke me.

I usually love everything with Dany and Tyrion this week, but for me, this was where the attention was. Did anyone else feel their heart breaking when Arya arrived on the scene as the madness started?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The level of "done with Game of Thrones" seems to range from 600% to somewhere around 1000%. :awesome:

Although there were one or two of those tweets that were oddly prophetic...

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I love how the most recent tweet is telling HBO to fuck off as if they made the plot.

I forgot to mention the res of the episode, honestly I really can't remember much because of the RW but the scene with Jon fighting the wildlings annoys the hell out of me for how stupid it was, not so much Jon basically abandoning Ygritte which was incredibly stupid but the fact that he saw his brothers wolves and at no point did he think they might've been close by.

Also:

tumblr_mnsy3c8Vqf1s9bcqro1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mnsy3c8Vqf1s9bcqro6_250.gif

These two looking like that made me want to run and give them both a hug.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
tbf there are lots of people who just want to punch GRRM as well :monster:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I forgot to mention the res of the episode, honestly I really can't remember much because of the RW but the scene with Jon fighting the wildlings annoys the hell out of me for how stupid it was, not so much Jon basically abandoning Ygritte which was incredibly stupid but the fact that he saw his brothers wolves and at no point did he think they might've been close by.

Yeah, him abandoning Ygritte was weird for me too but I think he didn't recognize the wolves because the last time he saw them they were still pups. I also don't think he knows that Winterfell was sacked and he never thought of Bran and Rickon being there. By the time of the sacking he's already captured by the wildings.

shon

Rookie Adventurer
I can understand the "I'm done with GoT" mentality. I felt the same thing when I thought Bran and Ricken had been killed, and then again at the Red Wedding.

Anyways, I'm bored....sorry if this has been posted before.

ku-medium.gif

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Something was amiss with this episode and I figured out what. They didn't include the best scene:

tumblr_mnrq16pXeK1qcoajko1_1280.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Something was amiss with this episode and I figured out what. They didn't include the best scene:

tumblr_mnrq16pXeK1qcoajko1_1280.jpg

... possibly because it wasn't ever really portrayed in the books, iirc - only referenced off-hand through dialogue.

Not that that would have any bearing on the show's writing :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yeah, him abandoning Ygritte was weird for me too but I think he didn't recognize the wolves because the last time he saw them they were still pups. I also don't think he knows that Winterfell was sacked and he never thought of Bran and Rickon being there. By the time of the sacking he's already captured by the wildings.

They were quite big when he left, big enough for him to recognize them and the fact that is both Shaggydog and Summer should've been a big hint for Jon. Yeah he doesn't know that Winterfell was sacked but seeing the direwolves should've set his alarm off that something was amiss. Then again he's a Stark, they're not the brightest folk around except for Arya. As for Ygritte in the books she doesn't know Jon is loyal to the Watch, sides with the Wildlings against him and shoots an arrow at his leg so it made him leaving her understandable but in the t.v. series she had known that Jon is loyal to the Watch all along, she sided with him against her fellow Wildlings, was willing to kill them to protect him and obviously didn't shoot an arrow at his leg (if she does in the next episode is hard not to understand why) so it makes Jon look like a bastard (pun intended :monster:) for leaving her behind.

Top Bottom