Gears of War 3

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Halo 3 was a shitty way to finish the fight. It had some really good co-op moments, but lol @ the "story"

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
They could do a Modern Warfare 2 and not let you control a single player character for longer than one mission before killing them.

It's at the very least immersive in the Modern Warfare series, in Gears of War 3 it'd just be like watching a gameplay video =/

The Halo 3 story was most certainly a fairly moderate scheme which tied up pretty much all the loose ends and ended the main storyline with a bang, but it did feel a little 'rushed', and after playing through it I got a feeling that they're really jumping from star system to star system within the space of 24 hours and that the entire game took place for less than that.

I think Gears 3 will probably end much more "up" than Halo 3 did, but just what they'd define that as, I have no idea.
I have a bad feeling that it'll be like The Spirits Within type of "up", which to think about it, is not really "up" at all in terms of how many main characters were alive by the end of it :monster:

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I was utterly dumbfounded at the way they killed off Keyes and Johnson. I mean, Guilty Spark, yes, but for Keyes it was just like "eeeheheheheeheeheee I am evil laik dis cuz I shot her in de back hohoho I am crever covenant is better than j00"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOM"
"GRIIIIIIINDDDD"

Beserkers were really fun, although the fact that you almost always had to have a Hammer of Dawn meant that 2-3 encounters were all you could have before it becomes samey.

I'd like for them to change that, give us more creative ways to kill off Beserkers without having to go to ridiculously elaborate measures or "paste said target with Hammer of Dawn into a glowing pulp".

Give us several ways to kill them, but like have the Hammer as the only real weapon that can do damage. Under this you could make the enviroment kill them off.
On the last encounter for example you can have a complete indoor one = No hammer. It would add a lot more to it. Especially the "OMG WTF WE CANT KILL IT WE GOT NO HAMMER"

Or they could keep it so you have the option of killing it with the hammer on every encounter, but either hide the hammer of dawn, or make it only available if the player held onto it in past levels.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Well, there was one Beserker in Gears 1 that you were forced to use the environment for, but the whole thing was fairly scripted anyway. The battles with the Hammer of Dawn usually consisted of just getting the Beserker outside and pasting it.

I wouldn't mind using a vehicle or turret segment like the boss battles in Gears 2.

Or maybe they could even have a short story arc where they're field-testing prototype weapons specifically designed to kill Beserkers, and although they work it's not as effective and it ends up being a dodging sequence with QTEs kinda like 'saber lock'.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Rly tho, Commander Shepard will just land right on top of the Locust Horde and take them all out like a pro. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Apparently the new patch for Gears 2 has added drop in co-op for horde, without the need for restarting to let the new players in.

Also, fuck Berserkers, shitty enemies.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Honestly, I was surprised that they didn't make an appearance in the second one. I guess Sires replaced them?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Well the lightmass canon from the end of the first game eradicated the Kryll, as it says on one of the collectibles in the GoW2 campaign. Maybe it took out the Berserkers too? :huh:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Berserkers are touchy bitches who tear your head off when you get near them. They basically giant angry incredible hulks that are female.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
They cant die to anything other than the Hammer Of Dawn, but you always encounter them indoors. Oh yeah and they're blind too and charge 100mph anything that makes a sound :monster:

It was a great mechanic to break up the pumping ammo into random enemies part which is the game, and it does it without introducing ridiculous minigames like most games do.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
They cant die to anything other than the Hammer Of Dawn, but you always encounter them indoors. Oh yeah and they're blind too and charge 100mph anything that makes a sound :monster:

It was a great mechanic to break up the pumping ammo into random enemies part which is the game, and it does it without introducing ridiculous minigames like most games do.

Actually once the Hammer of Dawn sets it glowing it means that the hide is softened up and apparently other small-arms actually do do damage, but it would take a metric fuckton to actually take it down with anything other than the Hammer of Dawn in that state.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah that too. But you wont want to switch to anything other than the Hammer whens its outside :monster:

Bring them back and make them harder Epic :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/g.../a-20100521134719898075/g-2010040917122084089

Awesome preview full of new details. I love the bits about the mortar and flamethrower takedowns, and Cole and Baird's story.

Seeing the pendulum Lancer in the game after it's presence in the comics is pretty awesome too.

GAM226.feat_cov.bk_3--article_image.jpg

Alex better be in this game.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
OMFG

Gears of War 3 has a very exciting new online mode, revealed for the first time at E3 2010. Building on the success of Horde mode, Beast mode is an arena-style battle where you try and kill off waves of enemies. The catch? You play as the Locust, killing COGs. Epic is going all out with this--it's not just you playing as wretches. You're going to be playing as a lot of different Locust, from Tickers to Cantus Priest's to Berserkers. It's going to be insane.

Beast Mode offers the mirror side of Horde mode. You and up to three friends play as Locusts, wiping out the entrenched Gears on the various multiplayer maps. The map layout can greatly change your strategy, since the Gears will have a strong advantage if they start with the high ground or, say, a bunker to take sniper shots.

Unlike Horde mode, you have more than one life. After all, playing as a Ticker, your goal is to get close to a Gear and explode. Wouldn't be very fun if that was the end of the round for you. Killing COGs earns you tokens, which can be spent to respawn into different characters. This rewards you for your successes in a match, but avoids punishing you for dying at the hands of a Gear. After all, that's what Locusts do, right?

When you pick up a copy of Gears of War 3 in April 2011, you won't be playing as a Berserker in Beast mode right off the bat. The different playable locusts are earned through a leveling up system. Epic Games promises that this won't be too prohibitive. You'll be able to unlock the Locusts you want quickly enough, but you'll appreciate the Berserker a touch more if you've earned it with superior Beast mode play.

The different Locusts are essentially like multiplayer classes. The Berserkers are your brute class, the Cantus are your healer class, etc. Playing as the different Locust looks like an absolutely blast.

The Ticker is kind of like a little bumper car, steering around the environment, bumping into walls and such in search of a some Gear. And when the Ticker finds victims? Hit the B button to explode. The Cantus is the healer and can even raise the dead. Of course, he also is a fine long-ranged combatant, so don't think of him as some kind of wuss who hangs in the back of the battlefield looking for Locust to heal. The Berserker is a hulk. She has myopic vision, meaning you'll see a little bit less of the field. She's a tank, basically, slowly turning and then plowing forward. She has a charge move that is devastating as well as a powerful ground slam. I saw a Berserker crush a Gear in an exo-suit. It's something else.

We'll have a chance to dive full on into Beast mode later this week. From the looks of it, this will be even better than Horde mode.
playing as a Berserker
playing as
a Berserker
Berserker
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

LEFT 4 GEARS FTW

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
They'd damn well better have 5 man Horde again.

As to the video...I think I came.

Top Bottom