• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General Anime Thread

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
So I noticed a certain show I've heard a lot about for the last 2 decades is on Netflix now

So the Bebop is their ship and the whole cowboy thing is just a theme for the show.

And Spike Spiegel is like Bruce Lee crossed with Han Solo and a dash of Snake Plissken. Jet is the pilot of the Bebop and seemingly chief engineer, and Spike's partner, and they're Bounty Hunters in Space. And Faye Valentine is a moocher who keeps gambling away all her money and eating all their food. ...And Ein is a Corgi dog programmed with the entire internet.

Why does this remind me of Lupin III? Is it intentional?

Also wow this show is great. Get everybody and their stuff together, alright, 3 2 1 lets jam ?

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Yes, Shinichiro Watanabe is a fan. Lupin's Fiat is an easter egg!
Cowboy-Bebop-Session-15-Lupin-car.jpg

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I have now binged the whole 26 EP series, and I have a few points

- Spike Lives, don't @ me bro

- "Mad Pierrot" seemed like some kind of homage to Batman: The Animated Series to me, but then I learned that Sunrise, Inc. did in fact work on Batman:TAS quite a bit. So I guess its more of them showing that they enjoyed the work itself. It's also brilliant, every bit as good as a Twilight Zone episode

- Edward is favorite character! Droopy stoopy stupids FayeFaye Spike person and Jet person don't know the breaks, takes, makes a lot of sense, woohoo :D

- The music in this was enjoyable in and of itself. Hot dang that OST is going in my CD collection soon.

- I love that it's both insanely futuristic and feels oddly familiar at the same time. It's also so satisfying to have characters that are constantly broke, starving and/or running out of gas, like idk, ME

- I asked my Dad about the music genre "Bebop" and his response was to put on the Birth of The Cool by Miles Davis. We also watched the first episode "Asteroid Blues," and he commented (being hard of hearing) on the subs in the Netflix version sometimes being complete gibberish. He needs them more than I do, and you subs vs dubs people don't seem all that interested in helping the hard of hearing ahem ahem

- Ein is an extremely good boy

- Of all the characters, I was most shocked by how Faye developed. To watch a person go from a cold and obnoxiously loud cynic to being the one crying in the last episode over the found family she now has breaking up, is really a giant rollercoaster of a ride.

- Space dogfights are cool ?

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Anyone watching Eighty Six? It’s Code Geass, except without the geass or the code but - hear me out - it’s great.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Not even a year and Crunchyroll already pulling bullshit.

RIP free (add-supported) streaming.
For the Spring 2022 season and future seasonal releases, Crunchyroll will update our offering on simulcast titles by subscription tier. To view new and continuing simulcasts, a premium monthly or annual subscription will be required. With the exception below, we will no longer be offering simulcast episodes one week after release as an ad-supported, free viewing option. For continuing series, ad-supported viewing on any new episodes will not be available in line with the Spring season, however, previously published episodes are still available to all user types.

To introduce our new seasonal simulcasts, we will be offering initial episodes of select titles as part of a “seasonal sampler” for free viewing for a limited time. For the Spring 2022 season, users can watch the first three episodes of these simulcast titles for free with ads:

• Spy x Family
  • A Couple of Cuckoos
  • Dawn of the Witch
  • Tomodachi Game
  • Skeleton Knight in Another World
  • Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie
  • The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as a Typical Nobody
  • Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs
The first three episodes of these Spring titles will be available for free, ad-supported viewing one week after their subscription-only premiere until 5/31. After this date, all episodes within our seasonal sampler preview will require subscription.

We want to encourage as many fans as possible to explore new shows and see the full benefits of Crunchyroll premium access. Crunchyroll makes more than 1,000 hours available for viewers to sample free of charge through our ad-supported tier, and will continue to offer free content going forward.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, they already recast everyone else in Badlands Rumble, but doing Vash with Johnny Yong Bosch is crazy-talk. He IS that show in English.

Verena

Pro Adventurer
My favourite anime is gundam seed and seed destiny
I luvved it
Best songs these 2
Akatsuki and Reason

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Apparently NieR Automata is now an anime. Wasn’t even on my radar and Episode 1 just showed up like a late Xmas present that no one noticed until we started putting away the tree. How cool is that?

Reactions: Wol

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, I wasn't particularly interested. I think what made Automata's story so compelling was the way it used the medium of video games to tell it.
But I must admit that that animation is excellent. Glad to know animation like that is still around.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Yeah, I wasn't particularly interested. I think what made Automata's story so compelling was the way it used the medium of video games to tell it.
But I must admit that that animation is excellent. Glad to know animation like that is still around.
It's hit or miss, 2bs fight animation is gorgeous, but then theres also some really bad cgi in there for the flight units, but luckily the fact that it's originally a game, and the models are the actual game models, gives it something quaint, making it less intrusive.

Apparently NieR Automata is now an anime. Wasn’t even on my radar and Episode 1 just showed up like a late Xmas present that no one noticed until we started putting away the tree. How cool is that?

That is nice, I've been waiting for months personally, so far pretty happy, although I really have zero clue how they'll do it. I like their approach to the multiple endings so far though.

Top Bottom