Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@Force: Nope, though I wonder after the Xehanort saga what they'll have as a new enemy. I smell a secret ending when KH3 does get released.

I want a KH collection too and I want them to release Re:Chain of Memories in Europe, they never did and I never played the original :(

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
And nah, probably won't bother with any new KH thing that isn't the KH3 that will never be made.
Ha, irony, huh? :D
TWEWY IS THE BEST GAME FOR THE DS

I AM SO HAPPY

NEKKKUUUU

IT IS WORTH IT TO BUY A 3DS FOR YOU... SO WORTH IT.
And this is pretty much my reaction.
Shiki: Then you'll just have to protect this poor defenseless girl, won't you? My brave knight!
Riku: Kn-knight?! You've got it all wrong!
Shiki: ...You're seriously gonna have to learn to take a joke.
I love you, hitoShiki.

To quote myself in the "Makes Your Day" thread:
I'd quite like it if, like with Seph in the first KH, there's a WEWY character as a bonus boss.
Josh could certainly count, being the Composer. And I know lots of people want to see Minamimoto show his factoring face. But I'd love to see Hanekoma being the bonus boss, like he is in The World Ends With You.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Vaguely related :p

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/User:Drake_Clawfang#Thought_of_the_Moment - Re:coded review

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/KingdomHeartsOpenTwo Bottom entry, from me.

The Final Battle of KH 3 shall be as follows

At the final world that serves as Xehanort's stronghold, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Axel, Xion, Ven, Aqua and Terra shall team up to penetrate his lair. Sora, Riku and Kairi make up the main party, and as the player presses into the fort they encounter an assortment of Heartless, Nobodies and Unversed. When they come to a barrier, control switches to Mickey, Goofy and Donald, who must explore a side-path and battle an incarnation of "Ansem" to open the path. A second barrier is encountered, and Roxas, Axel and Xion explore a path and fight Xemnas. A third barrier switches control to Ven, Terra and Aqua, and they fight Master Xehanort.

In the final battle, Sora, Riku and Kairi face Xehanort himself in a multi-stage battle that mirrors his various incarnations in different regards. When Xehanort is defeated, he collapses and begins to fade into darkness, when he heart rises from his body and slams into Sora. Sora awakens in the Dive to the Heart, and discovers that there are two platforms — his, and Xehanort's. Xehanort declares his intent to conquer Sora's heart and take his body as his own, and the Battle in the Center of the Mind begins as the two Keyblade Masters clash for the last time. The battle ends with Sora shattering Xehanort's station, symbolically destroying his heart and ending the threat for good.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
That would be so epic I do not even expect Square to do it.

Besides, far too many characters to control. I figure it'd be hard (for them) to do.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Well in my line of thinking, you just directly control Sora, Roxas, Ven and Mickey, and they share Sora's deck commands or have pre-set commands. Then, Riku-Axel-Terra-Goofy and Kairi-Xion-Aqua-Donald share the archetypes of support attacker and mage as party members.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@ Drake: That's really well done, I can actually picture that being the final battle of the Xehanort Saga and it wouldn't surprise me if Xehanort would want to try and take over Sora, although Riku would always be another choice I reckon.

You know it'll be interesting to see as well what kind of role Kairi will play in future games, in fact I'd love to see her be given a more active role rather than just the damsel in distress. She's not just a princess of heart anymore, she's a keybearer and while she did unintentionally inherit the keyblade the point is she's able to wield one. I'd love to see when KH3 does get released that she is given the chance to show she can be just as good a fighter as Sora or Riku, or that she's at least being trained to wield it properly.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Slightly non-sequiter-ish, I know (but if you know me, you'll be used to that), but does anyone know if there's a plan to release a special edition 3DS for the game?

I know there was a IAWW special edition DS that was Japan only, but it'd be good if we got the nice stuff abroad (hey, they did it for the PSP with Crisis Core).

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
http://andriasang.com/comzoe/nomura_famitsu_interview/

Regarding Kingdom Hearts 3D, he said that the game has an ending that will be unconventional for the series. He also revealed that the original ending that had been planned for the game was not approved.

Of course, KH3D will have a secret ending. As one would expect, it will have shocking developments that will connect to the next entry in the series.
"the game has an ending that will be unconventional for the series." - so it's gonna make sense?

EDIT - And in other news, guess who's baaaaaack....

img-185_992.jpg

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
that's really cool! thanks so much for posting all of my twewy babies omg
^What she said. Minor fangasms at Josh and Beat being in the same positions as their dialogue sprite models in WEWY, fairly freaking major one at Rhyme echoing her position in the cutscene where she and Beat
take out the golden bat in week one
. ^_^

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I wanna play TWEWY now, not only to check out the guys before KH3D but because I spy a smexeh redhead in a miniskirt to add to the fantasy harem :p

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Hooboy, there's such a spoiler there, I won't even begin. :monster:

But you should totally play the Game. Recognised as one of the best DS games out (except in official Nintendo magazines, where every first party game is obviously superior).

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Let's just say she's not a natural red head. :awesome:
Ooh, VG, VG. :awesome:
I know, she's actually an evil demigod or something. Don't know the full story but I've checked TV Tropes :p
Actually, you're thinking of laughing boy. ;)

And to answer my own question; yes, there will be a special edition 3DS released with KH3D... at least in Japan. There's also a special 10th anniversary edition, on which we have no details as of yet.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/1...tance-set-for-march-gets-limited-edition-3ds/

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I knew they'd have to do something for the 10th anniversary, if anything special gets released over here I'll buy it, who am I kidding I fucking love Kingdom Hearts and seeing all this stuff about 3D makes me want to replay the series all over again :D

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I really don't need that 10th anniversary box. I got the Trinity Masterpiece box for KH2, KH2FM with the Chain of Memories remake, BBS and its FM, Re:coded and Days. There's nothing they can include that I don't already have (bar the original KH's Final Mix which I could get a lot cheaper if I really wanted it).

But now I feel all nostalgic at the word 'anniversary' and it might tempt me :sadpanda:

Also I might need that 3DS (or the MGS3 one) because Nintendo decided to be a pile of numbnuts this generation and region-lock the 3DS :sadpanda:

Top Bottom