Kingdom Hearts

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Cheers Force, I mean I'll probably buy it anyway the new stat system seems interesting and I like that they've tweaked a few battle elements but that review seems to be pretty good and it raises some great points about the series really needing to dish out completely brand new installments instead of bringing out stuff that reuses old plot lines.

Think about it though the original KH came out almost 10 years ago, KH2 came out 2006 its almost 5 years since that and they haven't even started the 3rd game yet, instead of dishing out KH3D which is about Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery and probably other stuff as well, they could easily build that into KH3 in the same way they did the Roxas segment in KH2, its a short but interesting prelude to the beginning of the game, I don't see why they couldn't achieve the same with Sora and Riku getting the Mark of Mastery.

What I don't get is why both of them, Sora in particular even needs to take the Mark of Mastery, Sora's pretty much already proved he's a keyblade master.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I have been playing it, actually... I bought it the very same day it came out here! Battle seems just a bit less awkward than it was in Days, which is good, and the leveling system is somewhat addicting. Plus, revisiting old worlds with old Sora is nice, but... The story I don't know, I'm not convinced. If you're looking for a good story, I don't think you'll find it there, however the gameplay so far has been entertaining.

And I agree with that, they could have had the Mark of Mastery as part of the third game, because as short as it was in BBS, having it last a whole game will be ridiculous.

And I suppose they want them to prove they won't succumb to darkness and whatever. I actually think it would be a not so impossible plot twist if Sora actually failed.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
they could easily build that into KH3 in the same way they did the Roxas segment in KH2, its a short but interesting prelude to the beginning of the game, I don't see why they couldn't achieve the same with Sora and Riku getting the Mark of Mastery.
It depends what happens in KH3D. If it's just a bunch of leveling with no story, then yeah, it could just be tacked on at the beginning of KH#. I can think of several things happening in the middle of the Mark of Mastery exam that could be an entire story unto itself. Especially if Xeanort drops in...
What I don't get is why both of them, Sora in particular even needs to take the Mark of Mastery, Sora's pretty much already proved he's a keyblade master.
Er, uh, no. After seeing all that Terra, Ven, and Aqua can do, Sora is far from being a Keyblade master. Also, we don't know if it was just Eraqus's opinion that you can't become a Keyblade Master if you have Darkness in you. If it turns out that that's a requirement or that's Yen Sid's opinion as well, Riku will never become a Keyblade Master. Actually, Micky might not either as his keyblade is from the Realm of Darkness.

Speaking of Riku's darkness, I can't wait to see Aqua's and Ven's reactions when they find out that several of Riku's darkness attacks are identical to Xeanort's...

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Mickey already is a Keyblade Master, he became one after the events of BBS.

Well I dunno, for me it depends how they handle it, Sora has kinda saved the world twice already I thought that might qualify as him kinda being a Keyblade Master. I can see them somehow making both Sora and Riku fail or yeah some interference from
Xehanort
. It'd be pretty good if Sora's antiform played a part in that too, they could use it as a way of making any darkness in him more apparent.

I'm not sure if I like the whole idea of the Mark of Mastery altogether, it just seems to take some of the magic away from the original game. Goofy tells Riku in the original game that Sora is a Keyblade master and everyone seems to treat him that way, it even says in Jimminy's journals that Riku himself was the original master. I dunno its just a strange plot point, that in order to become the master of a mystical weapon connected to your heart and Kingdom Hearts, you have to take an exam....that's how I feel anyway.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Mickey already is a Keyblade Master, he became one after the events of BBS.

Well I dunno, for me it depends how they handle it, Sora has kinda saved the world twice already I thought that might qualify as him kinda being a Keyblade Master. I can see them somehow making both Sora and Riku fail or yeah some interference from
Xehanort
. It'd be pretty good if Sora's antiform played a part in that too, they could use it as a way of making any darkness in him more apparent.

I'm not sure if I like the whole idea of the Mark of Mastery altogether, it just seems to take some of the magic away from the original game. Goofy tells Riku in the original game that Sora is a Keyblade master and everyone seems to treat him that way, it even says in Jimminy's journals that Riku himself was the original master. I dunno its just a strange plot point, that in order to become the master of a mystical weapon connected to your heart and Kingdom Hearts, you have to take an exam....that's how I feel anyway.

Well, there's a difference between being able to use the weapon and being a 'master.' Masters are an order of wielders, and I get that there's a difference between being the master of a keyblade and being a Keyblade Master.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So KH 3D's official title is "Dream Drop Distance".

Yay for word salad titles.

Quote from Nomura:
Kingdom Hearts is about to reach its tenth anniversary and the story is finally reaching its climax. This will be the prologue to the final battle, and as always it will be filled with surprises for the players.

Hurry up and make KH3 then. D<
...and sorta finish Versus XIII too.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
So 3 will be the last Kingdom Hearts game? Interesting.

No. I thought the last in the Xehonart saga. I vaguely remembering reading a quote about that.

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: This is why all of SEs major series are only numbered and not subtitled.

They really need to take a class on how to name their games or something. It's getting pathetic, lol.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I lost my respect for her as a valid villain when she helped Sora & co. in KH2 only to be evil after that. I know there's a valid explanation on how they were fighting a common enemy, but still!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'd love to see Sora choosing a potential weilder during KH3 and them continuing the story onwards, only thing is, is how much more story can you get outta KH after KH3?

Ghost X

Well, have all disney franchises been explored? Instead of going to various Disney worlds, perhaps they could go to SE worlds?

mestiz

Rookie Adventurer
I wouldn't mind them introducing one of the 'SE worlds' so long as they choose it wisely. One of the reasons I liked Hollow Bastion in KH2 so much is because a lot of FF peeps hung out there. :geek:

I approve of Sora AND Riku coming out of the closet, if they were to.

Seriously. I do not draw secret pleasure from seeing gay couples, but Sora and Riku are just so...GAY! There is no reason for Square to avoid an official announcement in this matter.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Why, whatever you do you mean?

060918.jpg

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'm not usually one for the male x male pairings in stuff and I do really like Sora and Kairi. I think as far as characters go they're perfect for eachother as a couple but Riku and Sora as a pairing is so gosh darn cute and well, yeah...gay like Shademp says that even I'm waiting for SE to say yep these guys have secretly been going at it for years.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
*didn't realize my terrible joke would set off pairing discussion*

I actually do want a Narnia level. I think it'd be cool :(

Another idea is a LOST level... XD

Top Bottom