Kingdom Hearts

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I approve of Sora AND Riku coming out of the closet, if they were to.

Seriously. I do not draw secret pleasure from seeing gay couples, but Sora and Riku are just so...GAY! There is no reason for Square to avoid an official announcement in this matter.

Marry me?

RhVuL.png

Well, I for one want moar Sora+Kairi, to be honest.

I think Sokai (lol shipping names) is adorable, but does anyone else find this pairing... boring?! If Kairi got with Riku, that would have been badass. JUST THINK OF THE DRAMA. Sora x Kairi is too... perfect. Full of smiles, and promises, and happiness, and devotion, and giggles. Yeah that's cute, but... uh..
NOTHING HAPPENS

TOY STORY WOULD BE AWESOME IN KH.
TOY SORA OMG

And that reminds me of this gay picture I made a long time ago

nMIJM.jpg

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
can we just agree that Sora/Kairi/Riku is OT3?

also a toy story world would be fucking BADASS

tell me you guys remember this

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I haven't watched the secret ending to BBS Final Mix yet, but apparently it's bad news.

"Birth by Sleep Volume 2"

Yep. We can probably expect MORE handheld spinoff spamming and still no KH3. And I would like to rage about it but...I just can't. I'm just gonna sit down and stare blankly at the wall.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

I rented that game. Couldn't stand it really, but I remember loving that song in the first level :monster: Not sure why now though.

Tetsujin said:
"Birth by Sleep Volume 2"

Yep. We can probably expect MORE handheld spinoff spamming and still no KH3.

Funny, BBS actually managed to get me interested in KH again - and then promptly kill said interest.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Thing is, I probably wouldn't mind BBS Vol. 2 that much, if it was at least on a home console. But I guess it's safe to say this'll be for PSP as well. =/

But...I just can't believe how incredibly oblivious Square-Enix are to what their fans want. People have been asking for KH3 for years. Instead it's just one filler game after another.

Morons. >_>

I still want Toy Story and WALL-E in Kingdom Hearts. :(

I'm actually shocked they haven't put Toy Story in any of the games yet. WALL-E would be interesting. Turn Sora into either a fat human or a robot - take your pick.

^^As if we haven't seen enough fillers. We don't need anymore.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I believe him. I saw it with my own two eyes. Woody and Buzz would have been in KH II FM. But on the eve of knowing BBS is going to grace us again and no KH3, I've lost hope for KH. it's nothing but a hopeless situation for the series. =/

The main reason I gave up on Kingdom Hearts and decided not to get BBS is because the plot has become way too convoluted. Much more so than it was ever intended from the beginning. Square demonstrates time and time again how a lack of a clear vision from the start leads to disappointing titles.

Take the Compilation. It's not like each title was planned early on and that the entire saga was written down. Instead it was a spur of the moment that led to Crisis Core (not saying it was poor, just that its inclusion is a stroke of luck). Look also at Advent Children which they just could not decide on as to how long that movie would be; constantly adding more stuff and pushing the release date.

Or what about Final Fantasy XIII : Agito, now known as Final Fantasy Type 0? If I recall it was first indended as a cell phone game. Then it was moved to the PSP. Now they've changed the name and they are planning to span the game across two UMDs.

Square is lacking in BOTH good planning AND good execution.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I think most companies probably endure the creative process. SE's problem as stated before is that they reveal too early. Then the creative process becomes a public spectacle and it makes them look stupid.

But the changing from cell phone to PSP and name changing - that's stuff that probably most companies go through, particularly with spin off games.

But I would agree that KH has become quite convoluted. SE has another problem called, "The more complicated we make a game, the more people will like it." And that's not the case. They're confusing an in depth, expanded plot with a complicating plot.

The creative process is common indeed and no game is ever conceived in its entirety from the beginning. No one can predict a game's popularity either so the companies have to go with "if it sells well, we will continue the series".

Though that doesn't stop me from dreaming of a better world where the bulk of the Compilation (or Kingdom Hearts for that matter) was figured out beforehand and the gameplay and little details added around that later. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I don't know why, but when Master Eraques' expy left, the games started becoming moar and moar shite. I mean the first KH was breath taking for me and made me try out the rest of the FF titles (having gone a bad experience with VII ironically when I was a young boy). But come 2005 and after XII and the piss poor presentation of XI...something was wrong. And nothing was ever right with SE ever since. I mean, look at how many bloody hand helds were released in KH before III is to ever be announced. I hate waiting, and they should just stop spamming with BBS Volume 2 and focus on 3D in order to make way for III =/

they need to stop with teaser trailers that'll take a decade to make and just focus on making the game work right and the plot sound right. Look how they trashed up 3rd Birthday... ; ___ ;

AND FINALLY. ENOUGH WITH FINAL MIX CRAP. WE HAVE DLC FOR THAT.

AND FINALLY. ENOUGH WITH FINAL MIX CRAP. WE HAVE DLC FOR THAT.

QFMFT

It is absolutely insane. By supplying DLC for the titles they would gain fortune from not just Japan but from the entire gaming world! Despite DLC not costing as much as buying the Final Mix would, the total profit of people around the world buying this extra content would more than make up for this. I do not have any numbers to present but I am neverthless convinced!

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Can I just say that I love Kingdom Hearts? Yeah the story has become weird but in a way that, in my way of seeing it makes it interesting. I loved each title so far and unlike some other games I saw BBS really idk, I just understood a few things.....

Ghost X

I don't want a HD collection, I want KH3 =P. I suppose bringing out a HD collection would attract the younger generation who has never played the first two games since they were created YEARS AGO, and the older audience is likely less interested (eg: myself). So perhaps after they release this HD collection, and are confident of an audience, then maybe we'll get a KH3? On that note, this forum really needs a stars-in-their-eyes emote.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I love KH and KH2, and even Chain of Memories despite the really bad battle system xD I even love Birth by Sleep, though Coded seems pointless and Dream Drop Distance just looks and sounds like another version of BBS. Though most of those who grew up with KH are feeling a little too old for the Disney universe, and are loosing interest, because they're busy with University or are getting married, and SE seems to think that we're willing to wait centuries for the 3rd part of the main saga. The spinoffs are annoying, and I wish that they'll just get on with it already.

Also the storyline is now hella confusing, and it seems like a giant mess, even Disney is confused by it. And I hate Terra, he was extremely stupid and I hate it how SE called him Terra, when FF6 Terra exists. About new worlds, I don't want Toy Story, Toy Story is boring... Toy Story belongs in Pixar world, not Disney.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Birth By Sleep really surprised me, that was a really good game. If they keep up that level of quality in the gameplay, I'll forgive a dumb story. As previously stated, I had no interest in any KH game after II. But tje buzz about BBS made me try it out and it really impressed me.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Same here. BBS was good. But games like Days and coded are really just unnecessary filler.

This pretty much. Though both Days and Re-Chain of memories made me understand the story a little bit. Can't really say about coded since I haven't played it though.:hohum:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Since it's the most general topic on KH and since Sora has been added to Smash recently, I'd like to know...

1. Are KH games worth playing nowadays?
2. Do I have to play KH1 and KH2 in order to understand what's going on in KH3?

I've seen some bits and pieces on Youtube, and the characters look really attractive, but having to dive into another convoluted lore makes me a little nervous. Also, the graphics look rather childish, especially in the older games, but as I understand, the story isn't exactly a happy one, and, for instance, LeighXP genuinely cried a lot in her KH let's play videos, so... I'm not sure if I should give this series a shot.

Top Bottom