Kitase would consider FFVII-2

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
it looks like it's fapping as it walks, too

that was alarming

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What the fuck was that, and why was it with the Super Metroid Chozo theme? :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh crap, there's more than one vid, and they have a plot.

*explodes*

I'm kind of curious how it all relates to Tifa being a housewife, though. :P

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I was enjoying reading the posts in this thread, but now I'm confused and creeped out.

Last edited:

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
Meh, what's so unsettling about those videos? I mean, come on, half of the cutscenes of DoC are worse, at least IMO.

Now, about the FFVII-2 business, I think Kitase knows that they have to try to make it not suck. Now, if they succeed or not is a different matter. :monster:

Ghost X

Well apparently they're 'listening to fans' with FFXIII-2. Maybe they will 'listen to fans' with what they want in FFVII-2. How hard is it to hire some people to scour the internet to get a vague idea on what fans do and do not want. I'm sure there is a consensus out there, at least on many aspects.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
What confuses me is what this title will be. Will it cancel the Compilation until now if it's a direct sequel? Will it establish a new canon? Or, it will take the whole Compilation as a basis?

And I don't think Kitase was serious about his statement. I think he's just teasing and testing the waters to keep the fans interested.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
What confuses me is what this title will be. Will it cancel the Compilation until now if it's a direct sequel? Will it establish a new canon? Or, it will take the whole Compilation as a basis?

Wait what? It wouldn't do any of those things. It would just be another entry into the Compilation somewhere in the timeline like rest of the games.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Well, I guess I'm affected by the other FF [insert roman number here]-2 titles. They showed what happens after the story of the OG, but in this case, we had a movie, novels and a shooting game to say this. So, a FFVII-2 game would be... a sequel to DoC, technically?

Don't mind me, my brain's functioning in weird ways. :wacky:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well DC ended on a cliffhanger, so yeah. And it would still be a sequel to FF7 even if doesn't IMMEDIATELY follow it.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
If a FFVII-2 was in development it would have to work towards bleaching the FFVII universe of every single element of the Compilation before I'd be interested to even the smallest degree.

See, from a literary point of view that's just irresponsible. I'm not the biggest fan of the Comp either, but the best thing that SE can do is to man up and finish it. Procrastinating and dodging the issue for another 5 or so years is just a cop out. Finish it up strong and let the consumer decide.

It's actually pretty sad that it's taking them so long. Plenty of other franchises has started later than FFVII and established a multitude of interesting additions to its universe through comics, games, and all sorts of other goodies faster than the Compilation can pump out ONE game. FFVII is more like Square's booty call than its favored main squeeze.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
See, from a literary point of view that's just irresponsible. I'm not the biggest fan of the Comp either, but the best thing that SE can do is to man up and finish it. Procrastinating and dodging the issue for another 5 or so years is just a cop out. Finish it up strong and let the consumer decide.

It's actually pretty sad that it's taking them so long. Plenty of other franchises has started later than FFVII and established a multitude of interesting additions to its universe through comics, games, and all sorts of other goodies faster than the Compilation can pump out ONE game. FFVII is more like Square's booty call than its favored main squeeze.

Oh I know, at this point they are absoluted obligated to bring the compilation to its conclusion. The responsible thing to do at this point is to try and finish it and finish it strongly.

But I was speaking personally, with no regard for SE's reputation or literary credibility. If a FFVII sequel was going to get me interested in any way at all then it would have to do its damnedest to convince me that the Compilation had never happened.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh I know, at this point they are absoluted obligated to bring the compilation to its conclusion.

From the fans' perspective, yes, but it wouldn't be the first series to be cut off before the story was concluded. Of course, it's a hole they dug themselves, pretty sure most people were content with how FFVII itself ended :monster:.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
From the fans' perspective, yes, but it wouldn't be the first series to be cut off before the story was concluded. Of course, it's a hole they dug themselves, pretty sure most people were content with how FFVII itself ended :monster:.

Well, technically, the story is concluded.

For all we know, Genesis just took Weiss for some frosty chocolate milkshakes.

The end.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
I dunno about how i feel about FFVII-2. Honestly I don't care what Genesis is up to, he is a horribly meaningless character. IMHO The compilation would have been at least 3 times better with the simple exclusion of his story arc.

tibiquera

Lv. 25 Adventurer
To be honest, I don't want a sequel.

One, because SE hasn't done particularly well lately, so I have concerns as to whether a sequel would do the original justice.

And second, I really didn't like the direction the compilation took to the story. Taking the compilation as comparison, I don't think the story would do the original any justice either.

Top Bottom