Last Film You've Seen

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Resident_evil_retribution_poster.jpg

Having survived the ordeals in 'Afterlife', Alice, Chris and Claire get kidnapped by Umbrella and are taken to an old Soviet complex (well, just Alice really) to fight some more biological monstrosities via simulated alternate realities. Setting feels vaguely reminiscent of the one in the Resident Evil novel 'Underworld' (by S.D. Perry) and one particular scene of Zack Snyder's 'Dawn of the Dead'.

Some characters from previous films make some (pointless) returns. Sienna Guillory is still horrible as Jill Valentine, Kevin Durand and Johann Urb are complete cardboard as Barry Burton and Leon S. Kennedy (Jesus Christ, loose the beard!). Li BingBing isn't too bad as Ada Wong (though ironically, Alice uses her signature grapple gun more times than her).

Speaking on action though, it's awesome and much better than 'Afterlife'. Don't miss Alice's fight in Tokyo with the J-pop girl amongst other rampaging zombies.

Stupid characters, occasionally stupid acting, but still lots of kick-ass fun.

Verdict: Really stupid kick-ass fun.

Rating: 4/5.

Paul Anderson haters, you best avoid this movie.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Paranorman

Very funny, very smart, very enjoyable family film, that pushes its rating with all its got. Didn't find out until afterwards that several of the crew had worked on Coraline, but it's not that big a surprise.

Poor Agatha. :(

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Antiviral.

Good premise, it's what really drew me (and the fact that it's a Cronenberg ngl), but in reality it was very underwhelming. Director said it was adapted from an earlier short of his which really shows as it devolves into a complete mess by the midway point. Would have been powerful as a short film. Stretched to feature length it just...gets tiring and frustrating.

Cronenberg Jr. takes celebrity culture to an extreme: celebrity steaks (literally grown off their cells, so in essence cannibalism), paying to "share" viruses and diseases in an attempt to be close to the celebrity, etc. Crazy messed up shit and atmosphere is where it succeeds. But I felt it was utterly meaningless and pointless in a way that wasn't just a tongue-in-cheek "oh, it reflects the subject matter". I just didn't give a shit about anyone.

Terrific performance from Caleb Landry Jones though.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
lol I watched Tekken Bloodline Rebellion

hilarity ensued

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Star Wars: the Phantom Menace

I spent most of the film discussing with my boyfriend about how subpar it was. I didn't like it the first few times around, and I like it much worse now.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
resident evil : retribution

michelle looked hotter in this one for some reason.....mmmmmmm

Dredd

Pretty fun action movie. Lots of practical effects, they did Dredd pretty well, tho I thought he could have been more of a dick, but really solid, fun movie.
PLEASE go see it. It doesn't deserve the pitiful box office showing it got :(

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Fright Night, the new one

Really just watched it for David Tennant. Was otherwise a pretty meh movie.

Ghost X

Anchorman

Finally saw this film, which apparently I should have a long time ago. I had low-to-moderate expectations. Was actually better than I thought it would be. There were more than a few scenes where I was almost laughing hysterically, for instance. I think I'll give it 3.25/5 stars.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Bought The Avengers on Blu Ray the day it came out. Watched it with the roommies. :monster:

Fright Night, the new one

Really just watched it for David Tennant. Was otherwise a pretty meh movie.

I actually really liked that movie. :(

I didn't even realize David Tennant was in it when I saw it in the theater. I just slowly as the movie went on was like, "Oh hey..."

Demona

Dominique Destine
AKA
Sizheng
The Green Hornet. I called two of the major plot points five minutes in and then spent the rest of it trying not to strangle myself or put my hand through the television screen to throttle Seth Rogen.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Hotel Transylvania

Fun flick, and I really enjoyed it. It was very visually appealing, and even though it's CG Animation, you can still feel Genndy Tartakovsky's hand in it (plus, there's a 2D animation during the credits).

X :neo:

Demona

Dominique Destine
AKA
Sizheng
Looper. See thread for thoughts and beware spoilers. I highly recommend it.

But it still gave me nightmares.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I'm watching what has got to be the most atrociously, awesomely bad karate movie. It has been dubbed over with this hilarious dialogue.

Result: lmao.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
^ Damn this makes me want to rewatch Kung Pow

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. I knew this movie exists but I only got to watch it last night. Loved it. The only thing that bothered me was the Filipina character. Nope, I'm not bothered that she's a prostitute and all, just that her broken English was.. not so Filipino like. The only thing that made me realize that she's supposed to be one was when she cursed in Tagalog. >_>

My favorite line: "There are two things I don't like about you, Felicia. Your FACE!"

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
The house at the end of the street.

Omg I almost left mid movie. Can I have my 11$ back please?

In all seriousness I went expecting some supernatural horror flic but it ended up being another angry psychopath movie. Maybe I should start watching the trailers.

The house at the end of the street.

Omg I almost left mid movie. Can I have my 11$ back please?

In all seriousness I went expecting some supernatural horror flic but it ended up being another angry psychopath movie. Maybe I should start watching the trailers.
Trailers portrayed it as what you were expecting.
And don't give it the dignity of calling it a angry psychopath movie. It's a shitty tv teen drama, with 10 min at the end devoted to angry psychopath.

I like how you see things... I like how you see me.

Lex

Administrator
Taken 2. Wasn't OMG SO AMAZING but I don't understand all the hate I've seen on Facebook against it. I at least didn't think I'd wasted my money (which wasn't hard because I got student discount and a 30% off voucher mwahahaha).

Top Bottom