Last Film You've Seen

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
ParaNorman

This was WAY funnier than I'd expected. There's a lot of clever visual humor and fantastic dialogue. The story's well delivered, though it gets a little slow in parts, everything else more than makes up for it. Most of all - the animation. DEAR GOD THE ANIMATION. It's so damn beautiful, and is just utterly spectacular in 3D.

Also, it's got a uniquely wonderful aftercredit.

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Antichrist.

Its meant to be some sort of brutal extreme treatise on how women/nature/humanity (delete as applicable) is somehow inherently evil. Or some shit. I dunno....I don't really buy it.

Um, I guess the cinematography was good but much of it was kind of boring. Plus there were some very far fetched bits like
how the guy didn't die from massive bloodloss when she drilled a hole in his leg and bolted on a millstone?!
Also I'm still not 100% sure what the fuck was actually meant to be going on
I think we're meant to think that she went mad prior to their kid dying when she was researching witchcraft but I honestly have no idea

Anyway the film is known for its two scenes of genital mutilation (as well as non-simulated sex) but weirdly I didn't think it was that bad? I'd read a synopsis of the plot a while ago and thought 'eww I don't want to see that' but I think its an example of how your brain always conjures up something worse? Its probably true for a lot of 'extreme cinema' so I guess the lesson is just to watch the fucking stuff and the chances are you'll just be bored and underwhelmed.

Also there was an outright laughable part where
Williem Dafoe discovers a talking fox that says 'chaos reigns' - pretty much summing up the whole film but it really reminded me of Gmork the wolf in the Neverending Story :lol:

So yeah, overall I'm glad I saw it just so I can say I've seen it. Don't think I'd bother watching it again. *shrug*

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
LAST NIGHT I WATCHED BATTLESHIP; EXPLOSIOOOOOOONNNNSSS! AND TITS

TONIGHT I WATCHED THE EXPENDABLES 2, EXPLOSIOOOOOOONNNNSSS, GUNS, GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE, ONE-LINERS AND A GINORMOUS ABSENCE OF TITS

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The Change-Up. This is the result of no internet, boredom and HDM PS3 cable not working.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
Thor in english (don't ask me why).
damn, the english dub is much better! some scene are much better and i like Laufey's english dub. in the italian version he talks like a normal human :(

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Expendables 2

Well, what do you know, I actually laughed at scenes that were meant to make me laugh! Shocking, I know.

But seriously, it was as bad as I expected it to be, hence I enjoyed it. I still think of it as worse/not as charming as the movies it is supposed to refer to (action movies of the 80s), but hey.

Horrible movie, good time.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Finally got to watch Rosemary's Baby. It was ok, got a little annoyed with Rosemary's
naivete and her asshole of a husband, but overall I can see why it's a classic horror movie. I'm very dissatisfied with the ending though, could've been better if she just jumped out of the window while holding the demon

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Brave

Finally in English cinemas. -_- OK, I loved this movie, but there were a few things that bothered me. Let's ignore the Asterix style anachronisms (fighting Romans and Vikings, eh?), and focus on the main plot point.

The Celts LOVED women who knew how to fight. In fact, in defence of their realm and people, a woman was expected to at least know how to use a bow, and the higher your social position, the more fighting you were expected to do!

Two cases in point: one, Queen Boudicca/Boadicea. If you know anything about Roman Britain, you'll have heard of her (TL;DR - family was pro-Roman. Husband died, she and her kids were tortured/raped/humiliated/killed (delete as applicable for audience). She went on to lead one of the most successful rebellions against the Romans.)

Two; Scathach. When the demi-god warrior hero of Ulster CuChulainn was deemed to need extra combat instruction (when he at least once as a child split a grown man's skull with a single blow for waking him up), he was sent to Scotland. After training under a male warrior, he was sent to Scathach, a legendary warrior woman.

So, yeah - the Celts loved women with a bit of fight in them. :monster:

There's also the fact that Merida's da "doesn't believe in magic" - at the time, this would considered in the same light someone saying today that they didn't believe in gravity.

Anyway, yes. Loved the film, slightly distracted by those inaccuracies, though. ^_^

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
If you watch the movie "Saw" backwards, its an inspirational story about a man who provides limbs and body parts to the disabled.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Thor.

I didn't get around to watching it 'til after the Avengers, but it was pretty good. They did a great job with the special effects, and it was cool seeing Hawkeye & Nick Fury making cameo appearances. :monster:

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
The Bourne Legacy

Enjoyed it, though not as much as I did the original trilogy. Jeremy Renner was hot excelletnt, as was Weisz. Some of the action scenes still seemed to suffer from epileptic-camera but were otherwise well-choreographed and I liked how they tied it into the third Bourne movie.

Lex

Administrator
Saw Brave last night. One of the best films I've seen in a long time. Also, the only thing that's ever come out of America with accurate Scottish accents in it, even if they were super-pronouncing everything so the non-British could understand it. I'm impressed. Probably owing to the fact that 2 of the 3 main voice actors are actually Scottish ^_^, and one a Glaswegian no less.

But yeah, loved it from start to finish, everyone should see it.

AvecAloes

Donator
Just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time last night. I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I turned it on, so I was kind of surprised by what I saw. It was definitely edgier and stranger than I thought it would be, but I did like it. I don't think that I loved it, but there are parts I want to show Force at least (the Asian landlord?? Ohhhhh lawdy, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, hahaha). Also, that poor poor cat!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Young Frankenstein

"Werewolf?"
"There, wolf. There, castle."

Hit and Run

It was alright. Low budget, Bradly Cooper feels like he doesnt really give a shit, but the relationship between the 2 main char is so adorable. Had some funny moments, just overall enjoyable low key movie.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Antichrist (2009) by Lars von Trier.

Clitty McSnipsnip.

Actually it was quite amazing, though definitely not for everyone.

von Trier is a genius albeit incredibly mentally unbalanced.

AvecAloes

Donator
Star Trek: Nemesis. Thus concludes the watching of all of the old Star Trek movies. I liked it, but some of the plot holes drove me mad.
why couldn't they have given Data two transporters?? Was there only one in the whole universe? Stupid!
Overall, I think my favorites were Wrath of Khan and First Contact (no surprise there, it would seem), but also, who can't love watching Starfleet officers bumbling their way through the 80's? :desu:

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
The_Disappearance_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_BD_limited_edition_cover.jpg

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

When I watched the first season of the anime series, I wasn't really impressed by it. Sure, it was pretty funny and it had some nice jokes, but the story itself was nothing too spectacular. I soon forgot about it and went on to watch other shows...

Then years later, I watched the second season and, I thought it was slightly better. It was frustrating but the pay-off at the end was worth it (here I'm referring to the Endless Summer episodes).

Then here came 'Disappearance', which ran a surprising 3 hours in length...a rarity for an animated movie.

It's hard to explain this movie to anyone who isn't familiar with the anime series and/or manga. But to try and put it short, here we have a not-too-typical high school comedy with a plot that's vaguely similar to 'Men in Black 3' (time space continuum plays a big part here) and 'It's a Wonderful Life'.

As I said before, the movie runs for nearly 3 hours, but the good thing about it is that I never felt bored. The story keeps you engaged and on your feet with surprises coming to you one after another. I won't say anything about the film's climax, though I did find it disappointing...

Kudos to the excellent music score, by the way.

An entertaining movie overall, and Haruhi fans will certainly be pleased. Seriously though, you REALLY have to pay attention to what's going on not just in the movie, but in the series as well.

Rating: 4/5.

Top Bottom