Last Film You've Seen

Elisa Maza

Whomst
O.o; Wow, you guys got worse...

Oh, I forgot: the short in the beginning, Paperman, is by far, one the best animation shorts I've ever seen. Only the best Pixar shorts can compare.

AvecAloes

Donator
I saw The Hobbit a few days ago with my family. I liked it alright, but it seemed a little too padded. Like it doesn't need to be split into three 3 hour movies. I don't really expect books that have been made into movies to portray every single detail, you know? Books are long. That's ok.

Tonight, I watched the third Men in Black movie. I actually liked it. It was goofy and made me laugh several times, and then that punch at the end...I might have teared up. Not gonna lie.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Finally sort-of finished watching The Two Towers (extended edition), but I didn't really pay attention much, :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Battle: Los Angeles

Really enjoyed this film. Interesting to see an alien invasion that actually acted like a military force, instead of just going around kicking monuments.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Expendables 2. Because sometimes it's fun just to see things going boom without caring much about any plot or character development. Also, Chuck Norris :awesome: The only thing I didn't like was
obviously, Billy being killed :(

Die Hard 2. Never watched any of them until this autumn when I finally started with the first. The second is all right, but the baddies can't get near Alan Rickman in any way :awesome: Two down, two to go.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Dredd

Well, damn. That was a good action flick I found to be... pretty? I mean, "pretty" isn't the word you'd normally use for a movie adaptation of Dredd, but this one was. And exciting and well shot and... well, I can't say anything for the acting of the protagonist, since we see only his jaw through the entire film, but Thirlby and Headey were kickass ladies. Also, wow, such a film to treat its female characters in a such a good way... rare thing.

I demand a sequel.

Dredd

Well, damn. That was a good action flick I found to be... pretty? I mean, "pretty" isn't the word you'd normally use for a movie adaptation of Dredd, but this one was. And exciting and well shot and... well, I can't say anything for the acting of the protagonist, since we see only his jaw through the entire film, but Thirlby and Headey were kickass ladies. Also, wow, such a film to treat its female characters in a such a good way... rare thing.

I demand a sequel.
ibp2RsFgiQ2e4j.gif

I also love the "fight" between Dredds partner and the henchman. That was fucking awesome.

ASmilingMalice

I'm kind of a big deal
AKA
Marilyn Manson-Looking Fuck (no really)
Last film I saw in a theater was The Hunger Games (I seriously do not have time to go to the movies anymore and that upsets me very much), but the last film I watched on DVD was Pulp Fiction. And honestly, while that movie has a lot of famous and hilarious quotes..... I really get sick of it. I mean, after the Vincent Vega and Mia Wallace story arc, I just get bored of it. I really don't care for Butch's storyline and could honestly skip over that entire portion of the film entirely and be just fine. And while the classic quotes are hilarious, there is something really annoying about Quentin Tarantino's dialogue in all of his films. I don't know if he's just in love with his own writing or if he actually thinks people talk like this in real life, but it just gets frustrating after awhile.

Good film overall and I'll probably watch it if it's on again but as of right now I'm very "Meh" about it these days.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
But I like the way QT writes dialogue :(

I do get what you mean though :P Felt the same way with Jackie Brown and didn't get to finish it, and Death Proof has too much talk, at some point I didn't know where the story was going.

And speaking of Tarantino movies, I watched Django Unchained two days ago. It's probably the most emotional of his works and for me that sets it apart. Great acting (Christoph Waltz is now becoming one of my fave actors) and lots of funny dialogue. It did drag out, there were lots of times when I thought it was gonna end but it didn't, but overall I enjoyed it and didn't get bored.
Really curious if Jamie Foxx did his nude scene or if it was just prosthetic or somethin

I saw also The Hobbit. Pretty long but I liked it. I love how Gollum is animated (his expressions look so much creepier). I'm excited for the next movie.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Finally got to see Brave. I seriously wasn't expecting the story to be like that. But it's good in its own way.

tumblr_m7lefyaq7v1rnr0nqo1_500.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
My roommates rented a movie called "Hysteria." It's about the invention of the vibrator.

It's actually really good. Very funny, with fabulous victorian era costumes. I don't think it's 100% accurate, however, I still highly suggest it to everyone. :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Last film I watched was Knowing, since it was on TV when my Saturday night got hijacked.
Nic Cage, doom and gloom, mysterious creepy shit, blah blah blah. I enjoyed it although I dislike when films leave you without definitive answers, it just strikes me as lazy storytelling for the most part.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Gangster Squad - probably my favorite period gangster film ever. Everyone's excellent in it, the stylization is just what I was hoping to see, and the cinematography is just superb.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Pumping Iron, a 1977 documentary about bodybuilding and Ahnold Schwarzenegger at the end of his professional bodybuilding career; he really got busier with trying to get into movies after that, his break came in 1982 with Conan the Barbarian, then Terminator in 1984, etc. I finished reading his biography the other day, :monster:.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
The Bourne Legacy. Was very happy (and surprised) to recognize one of the places I frequently visit right before the motor chase scene. I knew they were filming in Manila, but I didn't know they also shot scenes in the city I was from :awesome: And kudos to them for capturing how traffic really is in Manila :monster: For a second I thought they were gonna hop on top of one car to another because that's more possible rather than have a chase in a street like that XD

The story's pretty simple. Action is great but there's something lacking that I can't put my finger on. I felt it ended too soon, but otherwise it's not bad.

Last edited:

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
Last film...

For me it was The Hobbit. I've waited to see an adaptation of it since The Return of the King, but then I read some a few reviews for it and wasn't sure until I saw it for myself. Suffice it to say that I was happily surprised: I loved it! I don't understand why the critics were panning it, though. Sure, it deviated away from the novel, but it was still entertaining. I now like Thorin Oakenshield because of it.

I can't wait for parts two and three.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
300: Lots of historical inaccuracy (except on the overall plot and the witty oneliners from the Spartans, I guess), but I enjoyed it. I guess the overabundant and exagerated wardrobe kinda distracted me :awesome:

Last edited:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Pumping Iron, a 1977 documentary about bodybuilding and Ahnold Schwarzenegger at the end of his professional bodybuilding career; he really got busier with trying to get into movies after that, his break came in 1982 with Conan the Barbarian, then Terminator in 1984, etc. I finished reading his biography the other day, :monster:.

If you haven't seen it already, watch Hercules In New York :monster: It's amazing, especially the scene where the almighty Hercules battles a guy in a bearsuit :monster:

It's weird, but I hadn't seen The Great Dictator yet until yesterday :monster: Certainly one of those all time essential films. I feel ashamed.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The Avengers

OK, the UK's Avengers Assemble alt.title has grown on me a bit. It might be nice to differentiate the Marvel's Avengers films with just one extra word (Avengers Assemble, Avengers Infinity (if the next film's about the Infinity Gauntlet), etc.).

Film's still as awesome as I remember.

Princess Mononoke

Clare Danes and Neil Gaiman's first loose collaboration (later came Stardust). Ashitaka is badass.

Film's still as awesome as I remember.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Dredd. Interesting. Headey's really good at playing strong female characters. And totally surprised that Karl Urban is Dredd-- there was no way I could tell.

Top Bottom