Last Film You've Seen

anothercid

Human, being
Star Trek: Into Darkness. Enjoyable, if a little soulless. Best thing I can say about it is they do a pretty good job keeping all the characters active, consistent and for the most part interesting (except Carol Marcus, the token boring eye candy character). Worst thing is
their fanatical devotion to the happy ending robs the story of any real sense of tension or danger

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Walter (1982)

Ian Mckellen plays a man with severe learning difficulties in the 1960s.
I swear to god this is one of the most miserable fucking films I have ever seen. 30 mins to go, hes just been put in an institution and sexually assaulted.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
The Matrix Trilogy + Animatrix

Just realized how.. corny some things are, especially on the first xD But I really like the whole story. Revolutions is easily the best of the three, imo. Cool music too, I had the album as a kid and I still listen to it. Animatrix helped explain a lot of things. I'm surprised to know that Square did the CG of one of the episodes.

The only thing I still couldn't get past is Neo having powers outside of the Matrix :offended: I feel it destroys the contrasting "realism" of the 'truth'.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Ghosts of Mars - guilty pleasure. :monster:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Eversince I watched the 2009 Star Trek last week and Into Darkness I love Star Trek and I consider myself a casual Trekker. I just watched the following and followed the advise that even numbered ST's are better.

Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan (1982)

Okay, I think the movie will have more impact if I really got to know Khan and whatever rivalry he shared with Kirk. It's a bit slow at the start but really okay towards the end. Khan's chest. The scene shared with Into Darkness where *beep* is emotional as ever.

Star Trek III The Search for Spock (1984)

Well a faster-paced film and still enjoyable. I watched it because I assumed it's about Spock, my favorite character. The whole pon farr finger thing confuses me.

Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home (1986)

My favorite among the old films, very lighthearted, comedic and fun to watch. Pretty exciting compared to the other films. The plot feels like a good fanfic but it's better than other stories out there and the execution was well done. Edit: This is actually the first Star Trek film I've watched and I loved it, however I cannot remember much of it at the first run because of the unfamiliarity and I wasn't much invested in it.

Star Trek VI - The Unidiscovered Country (1991)

I really love the improvement in pacing and the Klingon drama here. This is also pretty exciting to watch and pretty good moments. I just find Kirk's speech at the summit corny and meh. The Enterprise's last travel lacked drama for me too.

Overall comment on old films
> As much as I like Kirk's character I'm not actually impressed by Shatner's acting at many parts
> It's fun to watch the Enterprise get hit at different parts only to have explosions occur at the control room all the time. LOL even if the computers get destroyed it wouldn't result to to crewmen flipping from their chairs like that.

I'm really honored to have discovered Star Trek which promotes diversity and unity, which is radical in it's time. I still don't get why some Trekkers and SW fans hate each other I love both sci-fci series.

IMO Star Wars films are more simple in terms of its message, and more geared towards children while Star Trek has deeper themes and more suited to an older audience. SW is also about a fixed set of circumstances to overcome while ST is more of a adventure with lots of possibilities. I love them both <3

Last edited:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Oh I've also watched Phantom of the Opera

Not as good as Les Miserables IMO, in both acting and directing. I was just surprised by the internet supporting ChristinexPhantom that's creepy as hell and I cannot see anything that would justify the Phantom's actions. Raoul was boring but at least he loves her genuinely and I will never see the Phantom's obsession as romantic.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Eversince I watched the 2009 Star Trek last week and Into Darkness I love Star Trek and I consider myself a casual Trekker. I just watched the following and followed the advise that even numbered ST's are better.

Watched Into Darkness last Saturday.

tumblr_mdw66msB8Q1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

And what do you call this bromance between Spock and Kirk? I ship it :monster:

I haven't watched the series before so I can't call myself a Trekker, but I'm a big fan of J.J. Abram's adaptations. Plus the cast is really, really adorable, everyone of them in the Enterprise (esp Zachary Quinto, he's the reason why I watched the first film in the first place).

OT:

American History X - I had different expectations for this movie, but good nonetheless, despite being predictable.

Iron Man 3 - Very funny, overall good. Still not a fan of Gary Stu Tony Stark, though.

Oh I've also watched Phantom of the Opera

Not as good as Les Miserables IMO, in both acting and directing. I was just surprised by the internet supporting ChristinexPhantom that's creepy as hell and I cannot see anything that would justify the Phantom's actions. Raoul was boring but at least he loves her genuinely and I will never see the Phantom's obsession as romantic.
Tormented soul syndrome. They just wanna love him and make him feel better.
I thought it was alright, mainly cause I like the musical tho. Gerard Butler was a bad choice for the phantom. His voice was terrible. I like little moments tho. Like in the fight in the graveyard, the phantom uses tricks and misdirection while Raoul tries straight up sword fighting.

Furious 6. Or whatever they're calling this one.

In a nutshell: Family, cars, family, lame humor, family, ridiculas action scenes, family, family, the rocks biceps, family, longest runway ever, family, family.
the point when Torretto catches Letty in midair made my ENTIRE theatre burst out laughing.

And please do more work Gina Carano. I have the biggest crush on you ever.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^ I don't think the Phantom of the Opera was bad, I think it's "okay." Maybe it's because I saw Les Mis first and I was awed by the live singing and raw emotion the actors show there while Phantom's singing is recorded.

I think Emily Rossum is pretty okay as Christine, she's just 17 that time and I find her to be spot on in portraying an innocent maiden. Her soprano may not be bombastic but it does sound light and young.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Currently watching on netflix streaming:

I think this is my favorite Halloween movie. It's currently summer but I don't care, this morning is now October to me.

When the theme plays in the beginning it's so sadly beautiful.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I love Takeshi Kaneshiro. I'll have ta check it out.

I didn't see a film last week, bit I've been watching Misfits and plan on finally starting into Game of Thrones this weekend. I'll probably watch Now You See Me tonight.

X :neo:

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I watched that one a while ago, imho, it was rather tl;dr. Four hours or so, isn't it? :monster:

Theatrically it's split into two parts, iirc. :monster:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Rewatched Rebel Without A Cause yesterday, what a briiliant film. Nicholas Ray is a master in creating psychological portraits of his characters, as for example one of his other masterpieces, Bigger Than Life. I'm feeling going on a Nick Ray binge now...

laurence

Pro Adventurer
I am Sam (2001). Seemed a bit forced and set up at times. I liked the soundtrack (it's The Beatles who wouldn't?) and was impressed with Dakota Fanning's acting for being so young at the time.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Saw Fast 6 last night, Fast 5 was better but this one was still entertaining and with a better villain. Completely predictable with its plot twists though like
the cop chick Riley being a mole for the villains, Shaw kidnapping Mia I mean Dom he told you he was going to do that and you payed no attention to it. Giselle dying, yes lets start talking about settling down and stuff that always works well for characters.
The fight scenes between Letty and Riley were badass and the Vin Diesel/The Rock bromance is win.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Now You See Me - quite enjoyable, and a good flick. Not really sure what's supposed to have happened with the wrap up at the end, but it was a good time.

X :neo:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm really honored to have discovered Star Trek which promotes diversity and unity, which is radical in it's time. I still don't get why some Trekkers and SW fans hate each other I love both sci-fci series.

IMO Star Wars films are more simple in terms of its message, and more geared towards children while Star Trek has deeper themes and more suited to an older audience. SW is also about a fixed set of circumstances to overcome while ST is more of a adventure with lots of possibilities. I love them both <3

/late

As I've said before, as much as they always get pitted against each other, they're honestly not all that comparable. While they both take place in space, Star Wars is much more fantasy, while Star Trek is sci-fi. St is about the science and technology and how it affects peoples lives. Star Wars has magic and princesses and swords-are-better-than-guns and such.
Not saying either is better, just saying that they're less comparable than people make them out to be.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Furious 6. Or whatever they're calling this one.

In a nutshell: Family, cars, family, lame humor, family, ridiculas action scenes, family, family, the rocks biceps, family, longest runway ever, family, family.
the point when Torretto catches Letty in midair made my ENTIRE theatre burst out laughing.

And please do more work Gina Carano. I have the biggest crush on you ever.

Saw this yesterday and this is a very accurate summary. The theatre I was in also laughed at that scene. Still very much an enjoyable popcorn flick though.

Agreed about Gina Carano, not because crush but because it's nice to see a female action star who actually looks the part.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
IM3 has been watched. Pretty much on par with 2, but I imagine
Extremis armor will be in Avengers 2, but I don't remember what it does.

Currently watching the TinTin movie on Netflix streaming. It is quaint, just like the HBO series was.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Total Recall. Enjoyable, but they could've upped the WTF some more. The movie seemed to revolve mostly about plot twists a lot. Also funny / amusing how the protagonist who's been living in the future for all his life goes OMG WTF at every show of technology, pretty much. Some pretty convoluted tech in there too, btw.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Three Idiots, a very touching Indian film that are meant for college students, more specifically engineering students. Made me laugh and cry.

Top Bottom