Last Film You've Seen

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Dracula Untold.

It feels more like a superhero movie than a horror film. Dracula was meant to inspire terror and not tragedy, I feel their attempts to make a shared universe is okay but it could have been a better portrayal rather than a tragic descent to villainy. I looove Luke Evans and Charles Dance in it though but when a sequel comes I prefer a better director and plot. But more Charles Dance pls.

Dracula Untold.

It feels more like a superhero movie than a horror film. Dracula was meant to inspire terror and not tragedy, I feel their attempts to make a shared universe is okay but it could have been a better portrayal rather than a tragic descent to villainy. I looove Luke Evans and Charles Dance in it though but when a sequel comes I prefer a better director and plot. But more Charles Dance pls.
Kinda liked how they incorporated his bats form into the combat. The whole bat-punch part was pretty stupid though. A bunch of bats hitting the ground wont create a shockwave that sends hundreds of people flying, if anything it'll just kill a bunch of bats.

Last thing I watched was Jodorowsky's Dune. Interestign to see the pre-production stuff, but other than that it's a poor documentary.
It's one massive jerkoff of Jodorowsky without explaining why, but the tone of the movie is "this guys a fucking genius and anyone who stands in his way is too stupid to understand".
Jodorowsky thinks of himself the same way. He cast his 11yr old son as the lead and made him take martial arts classes for 5 hours a day for 2 years to prepare him for the role, with pure joy on his face says "I was raping Herbert's Dune, but I was raping it with love", whenever he talks about his work it's nothing but brilliance and fails to see why he wouldn't be funded in the real world. 'Cause he's making art. Fucking amazing art, and it's worth ANYTHING to show it. Hell, he was 200% dedicated to making the movie before he even read the book, cause he merely saw it as a platform for his own "brilliance". He's basically the cliche "artist", and it's irritating to hear him talk in a documentary that shares his deification of himself.
But it doesn't say why. When talking about his first movie they basically just said there was a riot outside protesting it. Why? Fuck if I know.

Just.. ugh this movie annoyed me when they weren't actually showing the pre-production stuff or talking to Giger, or anyone else basically besides Jodorowsky. One guy says "They didn't want to make the movie because they were afraid of it. I genuinely think they were afraid of it. Of how it would change things." and the doc feels like "Yeah. Fuck yeah. This movie would have tore down the fucking heavens and brought it to earth."

Last edited:

Ghost X

Fury

Pretty good film. Does well to communicate how shit war is. Dragged on in a lot of areas, but I think even that was intentional, given the unexposed nature of one character, compared to his war-weary comrades,
like when they encounter the two German women, that scene went on forever, but then they die from an air raid
. 4/5 stars.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
John Wick:

A really good stylized action movie. "The Equalizer" was a really good realistic action movie, my favourite this year, and this came close with a big difference in how the combat and overall stylization was portrayed. Keanu Reeves did really well and the emphasis on the world of hitmen was really fantastic.

X :neo:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Had this on my Netflix list for a while and now it's finally watched. It was a decent film - not brilliant, but not horrible. Somewhere in between, I'd say. The plot was certainly interesting and the characters were decent, although the former could've needed a bit more imho. I'd probably give it a 6.5/10 at best.

Aww, this was hilarious. I recently finished the book and after having the film on my laptop's hard drive for 18 months, finally got round to it. Chris Colfer may seem so arrogant in-character, but his comedic timing is spot on. The title is a huge giveaway as to what happens, yet it's a philosophical film that makes you think of what you want from life, especially if you're a young 'un. I'd rate it 8/10.

With it being Halloween, this was a must and like the above film, it was on the hard drive. These zombies are an interesting take. They can still murmur a few words and sort of have a mind of their own, but obviously still crave human flesh. It had a few brilliant comedic moments (check the one I posted below) and the story flowed really well. It helped that Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer had great chemistry. Special mention goes to Analeigh Tipton, whose comedic timing was spot on. Shame she wasn't used as much. Definitely deserves its 9/10 from me!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Expendables 3. It was pretty shit, :wacky:. Compared to the previous two they even managed to lower the ratings, meaning there was exactly one explicit word, violence was offscreen, and not a single drop of blood. I wasn't expecting any better tbh, :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Fury

Pretty good film. Does well to communicate how shit war is. Dragged on in a lot of areas, but I think even that was intentional, given the unexposed nature of one character, compared to his war-weary comrades,
like when they encounter the two German women, that scene went on forever, but then they die from an air raid
. 4/5 stars.
Saw this yesterday. Wasn't terribly impressed, but I liked it. Some bits were done really well (that scene you spoiler tagged was one of the best in the film, and I agree that it dragged on for deliberate reasons; I also really liked
how Machine was discovered under the tank at the end, but his apparent counterpart in the SS army kept this a secret and let him live
), but the filmmakers failed to make me believe in the camaraderie between most of these guys.

I totally believed in the brotherhood between Bible and Wardaddy, as well as Machine and Wardaddy by the end, but Gordo and Grady just failed to resonate at all.

Still not sure what my opinion is of is of using "Star Wars" laser blasts (no, really) to depict the gunfire.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Ouija

Not much to say really. A standard horror flick with far too few scares and nothing to really make it stand out. I geeked out at Lin Shaye's appearance (Elise from Insiduous) and her performance but everything else is instantly forgettable.

Should have gone and watched Annabelle instead.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Hugo

One of the best films I've seen in a long time and it's utterly criminal that it didn't do better in theatres.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You know it would've done better in theatres if it said "Marvel's Hugo" and had more spandex and explosions, :monster:

Nightcrawler

Ffffff...... For a good 15 min I could actually feel my heart pounding in my chest. Thats when I realized my heartbeat had been steadily growing faster throughout the entire movie.

Fantastic movie. Tense as fuck. Great performance. I've heard Gyllenhaal's character be compared to Norman Bates, and while he's not a copy or anything like that, I can definitely see it. He is a messed up human being.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Big Hero Six

Awesome & adorable. Really pro-science, too which I extra appreciated. Stay through the credits.

X :neo:

Telcontar

Donator
INTERSTELLAR!

It is now my favouritest movie OF ALL TIME.

kanye_of_all_time_taylor_swift_let_you_finish.jpg

P.S: If you're a fan of 2001, you're gonna LOVE this.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I watched a trailer, I want to watch it :monster:. Also I have an ipad game, it's got a pretty neat mechanic of adjusting your speed to get into orbit of planets and suns and shit.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
INTERSTELLAR!

It is now my favouritest movie OF ALL TIME.

kanye_of_all_time_taylor_swift_let_you_finish.jpg

P.S: If you're a fan of 2001, you're gonna LOVE this.

Really? From critics and fan reactions I've read, most that are fans of 2001 have hated Interstellar. Basically everyone is praising the film visually except for some theaters that have had problems with the IMAX version. But there's a lot of people criticizing the plot in particular act 3. Now I have to wait until November fucking 27 (because for some reason that's when the movie is premiering over here) to watch it.

Telcontar

Donator
Really? From critics and fan reactions I've read, most that are fans of 2001 have hated Interstellar. Basically everyone is praising the film visually except for some theaters that have had problems with the IMAX version. But there's a lot of people criticizing the plot in particular act 3. Now I have to wait until November fucking 27 (because for some reason that's when the movie is premiering over here) to watch it.

The haters can go fuck themselves.

This is THE greatest science-fiction film ever made. Period.

I wish I could talk more about it but, spoilers man... Maybe next month!

Big Hero 6

37126-yeah-science-gif-hNTV.gif

They basically have the G rated version of "Science bitch!" in the movie anyway.

Pretty good. Baymax is adorable, the actions pretty good. The other characters are mainly caricatures that don't contribute a whole lot outside of the action scenes tho. I did tear up a couple times.

Oh, and Feast? The short before the movie? Tears :'(

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Deliver Us From Evil.

2 out of 5 stars. One for brilliantly disturbing acting from one of the possessed. Another for Eric Bana being super hot.

I really didn't expect this to be a disappointment.

Top Bottom