Last Film You've Seen

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Poor thing :(

I'm readying up Gran Torino to watch tomorrow, I bought it but never found the time to watch it properly.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Initial D: Drift Racer and pretty much every movie in the Fast and Furious series. My blood is pretty pumped.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Dogma

We all know Affleck
stabbed
Damon because the latter would go on to have the more successful film career.

Also, Alan Rickman FTW.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Rebuild of Evangelion: You Are (Not) Alone

My first experience of Evangelion. I enjoyed it. :)

Dalik

Not Your World Anymore.
Iron Man 2. I loved it. Totally worth the lack of sleep I'm getting tonight. Now that I gotta get up for class in 3 1/2 hours.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Rebuild of Evangelion: You Are (Not) Alone

My first experience of Evangelion. I enjoyed it. :)
I am a diehard EVA fan; you should try to rent or borrow the original series. The animation is terribly dated but the story and characters are classic. It's definitely worth watching.

I haven't seen Rebuild yet, I just don't have the money right now. I've heard good things though, I can't wait to see it.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I haven't seen Rebuild yet, I just don't have the money right now. I've heard good things though, I can't wait to see it.

You can watch Rebuild online. You can even download it. Personally I like the re-design of EVA unit 01, and the fact they've included all the main bits; however they have changed the dynamic between the characters a little bit and I don't think I liked that so much.

Give it a go though. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Every time someone tells me about the Evangelion reboots I think about this and the gag dub makes me rofl.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I am a diehard EVA fan; you should try to rent or borrow the original series. The animation is terribly dated but the story and characters are classic. It's definitely worth watching.

Well, I'd have picked up the original series if they'd had it. And I'm really not bothered enough to ask them to order it in...

But yeah, I want to see the original. The filmmakers booklet that came with the DVD said the story for You Are (Not) Alone is essentially a compressed version of eps 1 - 6 of the original anime.
Gag dub? You mean the English dub or am I not remembering something?

(This is going to bother me).
Gag dubs are fan dubs. They typically parody the story, or use the original footage to make a whole new story.

There's supposedly a Haruhi Suzumiya gag dub out there where Yuki Nagato is a black man. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
IronMan 2.

I was quite satisfied. I liked some things better, other things less, but overall I have faith in the continuation of the series & the Avengers.

X :neo:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Oh you mean The abridged series. That's what they call dem gag dubs, hazzy.
Ah, yes. :monster: That's the most popular "series" of gag dubs, anyhow.

There's a good gag dub on the commentary for Pokemon: The First Movie
When Ash is turned to stone KILLED, when Misty says "Please, no...", one of the American script writers says over the top of her "My bike..."
:lol:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Clash of the Titans, the badass character is the Djinn. Hands down.

Also lol @ Hazzy's post.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Hellsing: Ultimate I - not technically a film, but if some people can list the Family Guy Star Wars spoofs, then this counts too (running for the same amount of time). :D

I love how OTT this is - campy and ultra-violent at the same time. XD My only problem is the fact that they reinserted a mistake from the manga, which, I might add, they fixed in the TV series of Hellsing (which had the same translators as Ultimate, too). And that is Route 17. There's no such road in the UK, I can assure you (in the dub of the series, Walter refers to the M-6 in place of Route 17. Way more accurate).

Some of the accents are ropy, but some of the English vocal work is excellent. Crispin Freeman (Alucard) and Ralph Lister (Walter) are both worthy of praise, I like K.T. Gray (Celes Ceres Seras Victoria or Rule 63 Cloud) despite the dodgy accent... But the best is in no doubt, Victoria Harwood (Integra). Her voice is enough to make a man go weak at the knees. >=D

Also, another commentary gag dub: when
the Major shows up at the end to talk about the next war, "unt ze next, unt ze next", Crispin and Taliesin Jaffe start saying "unt ze OVA after that, unt ze next, unt ze next... yeah, a thousand year OVA. We'll have to be like Doctor Who and regenerate every few years"
. XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think Hellsing is a pretty cool guy. Eh torture-raep-killz skinny vampire women with big dildo-guns for like hours while grinning maniacally and doesn't afraid of anything.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I saw Armageddon HOLY CRAP I cannot believe I just spelled that right. O_O

It was pretty good. I didn't get bored, which was awesome because when I watched it I was freaking tired.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Avatar and Paranormal Activity. PA does a pretty good job at being low-budget horror, at least compared to shit movies like Zombies Anonymous and crap. Avatar wasn't 'OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING MOVIE EVER' but I guess it was okay for the new millennium's Fern Gully.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I think Hellsing is a pretty cool guy. Eh torture-raep-killz skinny vampire women with big dildo-guns for like hours while grinning maniacally and doesn't afraid of anything.
Not until the fourth OVA. And it's Crispin's stalker long standing colleague, Kari Wahlberg. :monster:
Avatar and Paranormal Activity. PA does a pretty good job at being low-budget horror, at least compared to shit movies like Zombies Anonymous and crap. Avatar wasn't 'OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING MOVIE EVER' but I guess it was okay for the new millennium's Fern Gully.
Hmm... were you watching it right? From the comments I've read by people who liked it, I think you're supposed to watch it fapping at the furries, screaming "zomg, grafix!11!!" and OD'ing on painkillers. :huh: :wacky:

Last edited:
Top Bottom