Last Film You've Seen

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
they probably had it bugged. Or at least that's my cynical answer from the surveillance-laden 2010s.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Blade: House of Chthon

OK, it's the pilot for a TV show, but what the hey. Funny thing is, I started watching it before, then gave up in disgust. Watched it all this time... only to realise I gave up less than five minutes before the end. :lol:

Still... Blade was born in Victorian London to a prostitute, not Detroit, 19-something, and had a supporting father.

Last edited:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Long weekend, great nature strikes back exploitation from Australia. Highly atmospheric and very satisfying.

Inception is finally a film I actually really liked by Nolan. Most of his films seems to be forcefully complex and pseudo clever (especiially in The Prestige), but in this film it actually fit to the content and seemed less forced (at least thats how I feel about it) And it was a great action film at the same time. Pretty cool. Would rate it 8,5 outta 10. (which is pretty high for my rating system) Nolan's best film so far imo.

Last edited:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
SALT

Was better than I thought. Redeemed Jolie for me a bit. Sucked that I could see pretty much everything coming. BUT, if there's one thing that you should take away from the film (if you plan to see it):

TAZER DRIVING.

That is all. :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Coraline.

It's really starting to get on my tits how utter tripe like the Twilight movies, or Alice in Wonderland mange to get the lion's share of the interest and acclaim from the young teenage demographic, whilst an absolute balls out masterpiece like this manages to slip by under the radar.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
How much I like Inception, people typing full sentences in Caps lock make me fart.

I decided to watch two films situated in Scotland as I'm about to go on holiday in that country, to get in the right mood. My choices were 'I Know Where I'm Going!' and The Wicker Man. Both excellent films, I especially love the latter.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
My choices were 'I Know Where I'm Going!' and The Wicker Man. Both excellent films, I especially love the latter.

On a different more tasteful note, Old Grumpy Men.

... I don't know why I even bothered watching that during lunch

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Coraline.

It's really starting to get on my tits how utter tripe like the Twilight movies, or Alice in Wonderland mange to get the lion's share of the interest and acclaim from the young teenage demographic, whilst an absolute balls out masterpiece like this manages to slip by under the radar.
I love this movie like burning.
Film = good. Book = awesome. Especially as I always picture Paterson Joseph (Marquis de Carabas in the TV version of Neverwhere, Greg in the remake of Survivors) as the voice of the cat. :awesome:

Stardust - another Neil Gaiman adapt. ^.^ This film is awesome, treading the line between faithfulness to the original material and pandering to Hollywood. It must have helped that co-writer Jane Goldman is friends with Neil. :D

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Planet Terror

Rather than rehash what everybody who hasn't seen the film already knows about it (throwback/tribute to B-movie Grindhouse exploitation films yadda yadda yadda), I'll just add that its an insanely fun, incredibly silly, over the top and definitely worth a look if you can withstand the ludicrous amount of gore.

Kind of like Shaun of the Dead if it had been made by Rodriguez and Tarantino. Particularly notable for the amount of 'Hey it's That Guy' moments.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Fortunately, I avoid many of her films, so I wouldn't really know.
Well....Wanted, Beowulf, Croft, Salt, Mr/Mrs. Smith etc etc. Always the femme fatale. She is a look now, no longer even a character/person to me. Her much much earlier work was better

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Well....Wanted, Beowulf, Croft, Salt, Mr/Mrs. Smith etc etc. Always the femme fatale. She is a look now, no longer even a character/person to me. Her much much earlier work was better

She's really phoned in a lot of her performances since Tomb Raider. imho.

Hell, the last time I was genuinely impressed with Jolie as an actress was Girl, Interrupted. Which is a damn good movie, and a damn good performance by her.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
12 Monkeys

I FINALLY saw this film after too much time of wanting to. I love the blend of sci-fi, drama, romance and comedy in this. The psychological aspect of Bruce Willis' character trying to convince the psychiatrist of him being a time-traveler and the doctor hammering the fact that he is just delusional into his head was very good as well. Terry Gilliam is a fantastic director, imho, which explains my fascination and adoration for Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus as well. Gilliam's quirky humor throw into this science fiction keeps the film down to earth, too. Brad Pitt's performance was also great, hilarity occurred nearly everytime he was on the screen.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Get him to the greek: Tend to hate russel brand with a passion but i gotta give the guy credit the film was fucking hilarious and i thoroughly enjoyed the plot/jokes they put into it including the subtle forgetting sarah marshall jokes.

Top Bottom