Last Film You've Seen

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Under the Red Hood.

It was amazing, obviously.

Been saying this for weeks. It's almost a straight adaptation of the book too. Obviously some of it was changed/edited for film's sake, but all of the important parts, even some of the dialogue is still there.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well sir, you were quite right.

In DC's line of animated films, Wonder Woman, Crisis on Two Earths, and Under the Red Hood are all excellent films.

The Superman/Batman films are good for throwaway action scenes, but that's about it.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Just came back from Legend of the Guardians and it was actually quite awesome!
It's a simple story but I think it works. I really liked it. It's the details that make it.

The visuals are amazing. I didn't know Snyder directed this, but looking back I should have seen it in the Spartan-like armor and slow mos. There's a lot of pointless 3D out there that just gives me a headache, but this one actually uses it well. It's not distracting or gimmicky. And it's 10x better looking than Avatar.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Prince of Persia. It was okay, story was kinda lame / predictable, as expected, characters / actors / acting was meh, action sequences could've been better, but visuals were nice.

I mean really. Ostriches? With people with European numbers stuck on their back? I got the idea that a large part of the movie was just filler by then, akin to TV series like Xena and Hercules back in the day - same 'humor' too.

Should've just made a movie of the game and snip out the bits where the guy just runs around and turns levers and shit. Could've been a lot better, imho.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
White Noise: The Light - finally got around to seeing the end of this (it's beginning to look like my DVD player's bust). Good film, Nathan Fillion brings a certain sincerity to his character. I found the supernatural and religious parts of the plot intriguing, which leads into my only real gripes:

1) it's never really gone into how/why the people who are saved from their original death become "possessed".
2) the Tria Mera idea is very well thought out and used, but it's based on a flawed premise: original copies of the Book of Revelations give the Number of the Beast as 616 - later copiers changed it to 666 because they felt it looked "better".

Dead Cert - think Guy Richie's From Dusk 'Til Dawn, and you're halfway there. Sways from dark humour to emotional downers. All in all, an entertaining film, but not exactly a good one. I also facepalm at it stealing a resolution from the Keanu Reeves Constatine movie -
blessed water in the fire sprinklers

The Emperor's New Groove - not Disney's best animation, but I enjoyed Patrick Warburton's performance (most of us probably know him as Joe Swanson from Family Guy).

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Resident Evil: Afterlife

and then washed my eyes out with Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Let Me In

Great movie. It has enough difference from the original to set it apart as a different movie, but still retains the feel and soul. And there's a great shot during a car crash.
My only real complaint is it can feel like its prodding along a lil near the end, and the cg (what little there is) is pretty bad.
Let The Right One In is better, but this one'll be on my dvd shelf alongside it.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Just got back from My Soul To Take and well, I enjoyed it. Was like most of Wes Craven's movies and probably somewhat predictable, but I thought it was entertaining.

~ Raz

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Speaking of darker children's movies,

Titan A.E.

I have no idea why it bombed tbh, it's almost damn near my favorite animated film.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Titan AE was co-written by Joss Whedon. Nuff said.

Wonder Woman - the animated feature. Nathan Fillion as Steve Trevor was awesome (although I keep thinking of him as Steve Rogers - wrong company). Like the Superman: Doomsday the majority of the voice-acting and animation was decent, but nothing exceptional.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Like the Superman: Doomsday the majority of the voice-acting and animation was decent, but nothing exceptional.

Um...no. WW was miles above Superman Doomsday, in animation, action, and art style.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Um...no. WW was miles above Superman Doomsday, in animation, action, and art style.
True, but that's not saying much. In particular with the animation in WW, the body language of the characters was more subtlely used than in Doomsday. Still, the voice-acting was as hit and miss as with Doomsday (once you take out Adam Baldwin - AKA Jayne Cobb - as Supes out, anyway: that was a HUGE miss).

Anyway; point was, it could have been better.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
WW is fantastic imo, and a great interpretation of the character. The only thing I didn't like was the weak shot at gender issues.

Holy shit, I REALLY want to watch this now.

I haven't seen it in AGES.

It was on tv a couple weeks ago and now I have half the soundtrack on my MP3 player. I wouldn't even call it a darker children's movie because it seems targeted towards an older audience. Could have been why it bombed.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Summer Glau as Supergirl as good as I hope?

late response is late but yep, she was amazing.

Great movie. It has enough difference from the original to set it apart as a different movie, but still retains the feel and soul. And there's a great shot during a car crash.
My only real complaint is it can feel like its prodding along a lil near the end, and the cg (what little there is) is pretty bad.
Let The Right One In is better, but this one'll be on my dvd shelf alongside it.

I was skeptical at first but I have been thinking about giving it a chance. Is it still in theaters? I don't even remember when it came out.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Shake Hands With The Devil

For those of you who've never heard of it, it's about the genocide in Rwanda. I saw it before a couple years ago, and it still managed to make me feel sick with a frustrated anger watching it again. So much fucking fail, so much pointless death.

late response is late but yep, she was amazing.

I was skeptical at first but I have been thinking about giving it a chance. Is it still in theaters? I don't even remember when it came out.
This weekend will be it's 3rd week. It might not still be in theatres, but I'd strongly urge you to see if it is.
After rewatching the original, I have to say I think the remake is better. Scenes are tenser, it's better shot (imo), but each does some things better than the other.
You should really see it

Top Bottom