Last Film You've Seen

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
The Lovely Bones

Not quite that lovely, actually. This movie doesn't know what story it's trying to tell. Can't make up its fucking mind on what tone it's playing at either. There's a comic drunken grandma sequence smack dab in the middle of the family mourning the 14 yr old daughter who's not only raped & killed, but also missing. Like seriously, WTF?

This entire movie is pointless. Cringe-worthy narration and resolution. Worst music choice in a pivotal scene ever(when all the dead girls gather in Heaven/Limbo/Whatever). So fucking jarring.

Yeah, there were a lot of things that could have been done better. I didn't mind the movie, but it doesn't do the book justice at all.

Saw Predators finally, and I enjoyed it. It's exactly the kind of movie I expected, and Laurence Fishburne's brief cameo was convincingly crazy. Won't win any awards but it takes your mind off the day's troubles and managed a couple good laughs too.

It also makes me want to play the '99 version of AVP again.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I was kinda dreading seeing Lovely Bones because I pretty much bawled all the way through the book. The trailers looked pretty meh. Jackson should probably stick to straight up fantasy films, I'm guessing.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Alpha and Omega

It's a good film... if you ignore the fact that most of the 'jokes' fall flat, and the film's treatment of wolves is pretty much a wallbanger (the combined pack idea that's the main plot point of the film is simply unworkable - wolf packs are never that large as they can't support the entire population).

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus

WTF is this bullshit? Waste of 2 hours of my life is what it is.

I also saw The Lovely Bones. It was ok. Even though it was fantasized, it was pretty straightforward. But my mom said she didn't get it and she read the book whereas I did not.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
LMAO I feel you on Parnassus, bb.
I was so excited about it too. Horrible execution of whatever they were trying to achieve. The visuals on their own are spectacular, but together it's just one big acid trip where I'm swimming blind trying to get the fucking point.
Maybe I'd have liked it better if it were a half hour short :\

OMG DISTRICT 13 AND B13-ULTIMATUM!!! I love these movies. So much fun.
I feel like I'm the only person 5 years late to the party though :(

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Ultimatum was crap. Failure to capitalize on the first one's success.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Altered States

A 1980 American science fiction film adaptation of a novel by the same name by playwright and screenwriter Paddy Chayefsky. It was the only novel that Chayefsky ever wrote, as well as his final film. Both the novel and the film are based on John C. Lilly's sensory deprivation research conducted in isolation tanks under the influence of psychoactive drugs like ketamine and LSD.

Okay, so that's the wiki summary of the film because I cba to properly go into detail about this film. The bottom line is, if you are a true fan of dark science fiction you will find this and see it immediately. A real classic to the genre and I am sorely disappointed that this is not praised like it should be.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Paranormal Activity 2

WOW. Best unintentional comedy I've seen in a while. I hadn't seen the first one (which was legit creepy according to my friends) so I didn't get all the references. Apparently it's a prequel.

Anyways, this movie was hilariously bad. every scary part pretty much had me in tears. My favourite (albeit intentionally funny) line was when the guy was like "don't be scared, otherwise the terrorists win." XDDD

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Recently watched Case 39.

It was a tad predictable and not so creepy, but I still more or less liked it. Was okay but the story was pretty generic.

EDIT: Completely forgot about Let Me In. OMG, that movie was just amazing as fuck. The story was awesome and the acting was phenomenal. No familiar peeps in it, but god, it was genius. As a bonus, I also watched the original swedish version of it called Let the Right One In and it was also amazing, hell probably even more. I highly recommend watching both versions of this movie, and yes, the swedish one has english subs. It's rare when an american version is just as good as the original, but imo, this one is :D!

~ Raz

Last edited:
How To Train Your Dragon

Saw it in theatres and thought it was really good. I've been meaning to see it in 2d and see how it held up since the 3d was amazing, especially the flying sequences. Overall it still holds up. You dont miss the 3d, or even think about how it's not there, but the 3d really did enhance the movie overall.

Still, it's a really good one.

p.s. I still think the comic relief kids are irritating as fuck.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Ink

Just like with Altered States, I truly do not understand why I do not hear about AMAZING films such as this that should be heavily discussed far more than they are.

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
Emiya Shirou, Oz Vessalius, LPod, Belldandy, L-Phone
You Can (Not) Advance, what's the title of the next one?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Doctor Who - the Paul McGann movie. As I've seen it several times before, I used the special edition to watch the new Sylvester McCoy/Paul McGann/Nicholas Briggs commentary (although Briggs doesn't appear in the movie, he's credited as being the "moderator" of the commentary - he's also the voice of the Daleks and Cybermen in the new series).

The commentary was very interesting to watch, providing tidbits such as:
~if Universal and Fox had been interested in making a new series, due to the time off McGann would have needed by the contract, there would have been new adventures for previous Doctors.
~due to their theatrical background, McCoy and McGann were more popular with the make-up and wardrobe department than the US and Canadian actors involved with the production (apparently, the Doctors went out of their way more to be civil and friendly with behind the scenes people).
~McGann wore a wig during filming, meaning that for several weeks Eric Roberts didn't recognise him off-set, despite them staying at the same hotel.

Also, Young Frankenstein. Gene Wilder FTW.
You Can (Not) Advance, what's the title of the next one?
I Do (Not) Know. :P

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I just watched The Crazies the other day. It's a pretty cool movie, not the best thing ever but not the worst. xD

I saw The Crazies too. I thought it was pretty good. Not scary or anything, but entertaining.

I saw Saw 3-D the other day. It was ok. I felt like they wasted the 3-D potential. Come on, scary movie in 3-D? That should have been cake. I still liked it though. Better than I liked the previous two.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Paranormal Activity 2.

It tied in really well with the first film, though I still didn't find it frightening, it scared the living bajeezus out of my girlfriend. DO be prepared for lots of "quiet... quiet... quiet..... WHAM!" scares in the film though.

[spoiler="Spoiler" for the lulz]So each night, one significant thing starts happening. The first night, the only thing that happens is that the lights in the pool shut off. After that, the Pool Cleaner starts climbing out of the pool every night. They mention that the whole reason they're being haunted by demons is that someone made a pact for power, money, whatever, and now they have to give up their first born. My hypothesis is that the pool cleaner made a deal with Satan to be able to leave the water, thus thier haunting ensues. :awesome:[/spoiler]

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I died of laughter at this part. I could NOT take the movie seriously after that.

I love that there's footage of it every night too.

When they watch it, "Looks like it's workin' overtime and cleaning the patio."
But better still is when their dad makes it leap out of the pool. That is quite possibly the best "scare" in any film, ever.

X :neo:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Nikita/La Femme Nikita.

I don' get why this movie is so popular. It had some really cool direction, but overall is a gigantic meh. I felt the direction/cinematography could have been saved for something better. The action sequences weren't at all impressive. The only scene I found really gripping was the bathroom sniping mission and the opening raid. Which is sad because I was actually really looking forward to seeing this.

I'm actually trying really hard to understand why this film is so well loved. From reviews, it seems as though character development is lauded as the biggest strong point. But I can pretty much sum up Nikita's character in a sentence. The development is really anything special.

Seriously, am I missing something?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Oh, you poor thing! I hope someone else paid for your ticket so that you didn't waste your money at least. XD

Ahah, well technically I didn't. Someone else bought tickets, I bought snacks XD (I think I ended up paying less, but that's ok 'cause it was my big brother and he likes paying for me when we do stuff together)

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
I recently watched the new version of the Karate Kid. Let's just put it this way, they can't beat the original. It wasn't bad but it wasn't the best either.

Top Bottom