Last Film You've Seen

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah. The child actors in it are superb. I have no idea where they found some of these kids but it's honestly almost up to the standard of the child acting in Game of Thrones. It's been criticised for being a bit too like a Spielberg movie, but I mean, it's obviously meant as an homage, and it succeeds nicely. It's also been criticised for being a bit too much like some of Abrams' other work, but if he isn't allowed to rip himself off, who is? :monster:

Devil

lol it was so bad me and my brother were laughing through most of it. the lines were fucking awful
It would have benefitted from one of the characters having a jetpack. Just flying around in the elevator while shits doing on.

Green Lantern.

It wasn't bad. My biggest problems where there should have been more stuff with the other Lanterns. 2 min into training he's just "I quit" and then we go back to earth. What? I'm sure they did it cause they didnt think the average movie goer would connect to much with, for lack of a better word, alien scenery/situations, but it was still annoying since GL should be more of as space opera.
And a note to DC which I'm pretty sure Marvel already learned... CLOUDS ARN'T INTIMIDATING. No matter how many scary faces you give it.

I should point out that I saw this with my dad, and he enjoyed it, and I tend to be softer on movies my parents enjoy that deal with more geeky stuff, like super hero movies.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
X-men first class

pretty damn good

also major gay vibes between charles and erik

which makes it THAT MUCH BETTER

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Super 8

I really liked it. The kids were awesome, particularly the film nut. He was my favorite. I loved the running joke they had with him filming in the middle of shit going down, "GUYZ PRODUCTION VALUE!!!"

I cringe at the lines given to the kid when the alien spider thing grabs him though. Pivotal moment and they give him "bad things happen but you live"? I dunno, I felt like something was missing.

It had a very slow start and rushed ending, though
I liked the beginning. I don't think it dragged on at all. It set out to establish the children and their world before this thing crashed into their lives. It makes the audience care about the characters and doesn't go straight into boom!, kaplow! monster! Honestly, I felt it could have used another 5 to 10 mins. I think it held itsef together up until
the kids go back to the school. The problem was the ending didn't exactly pay off for all the build up. Meh.

But overall I really enjoyed it :)

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Sounds like a pretty cool movie.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
sounds like a pretty cool advertisement from a bot

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Green Lantern

I've spent all week trying to think of how to explain where they went wrong... Starting with a monologue to explain to the audience something you'll later explain to the characters, for one. And Parallax/Krona for another... Not enough time showing the GLs are basically space cops.

Could have been so much better. So. Much. Better! /DavidTennant

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Green Lantern

BORING. I actually found Thor more entertaining than this shit. Wrong actors, wrong everything. I like Mark Strong as an actor, but even his performance couldn't distract me from the horrible designs and the poorly written script. Carol Ferris just seemed confused throughout the entire film, she didn't even have a reason to be there. I expected much more from Blake Lively, given her great performance in The Town.

Killer Clowns From Outer Space

I've been meaning to watch this for awhile. Seemed like it was mainly a way for the effects artists to show off what they could do, and they did it well. Those clowns looked great. Plus you got various clown related deaths, like a tiny clown punching a bikers block off (his head) because he broke his tiny bike.
Bad movie, but it's fun. And the theme song is catchy.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Battle Los Angeles

Wayyy too much flag waving, and pretty hammy. Still enjoyed it to some degree though.

The Adjustment Bureau

Started off really well, then went downhill. Was enjoyable but had a lot of wasted potential.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Transformers 3

Do yourselves a favour and save the three hours.

c/p from piss you off thread

The movie was a steaming pile of shit. Less than shit. It was a three our movie that could have easily been an hour and twenty minutes. NOTHING happens in the first hour. The plot is less stupid than the second one but is painfully predictable and awkwardly paaced. Despite some really good actors in the movie, you don't really care for any of the characters. The gags were not funny at all. The gags were not funny at all. The action scenes were not well choreographed. THE ROBOTS WEREN'T EVEN FEATURED THAT PROMINENTLY UNTIL PROBABLY THE LAST HOUR.

Not to mention there was this... bizarre use of music. It feels as though Michael Bay was trying to be artistic with this film? I'm not exactly sure but it was really offensive to my senses.

Last edited:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Paranoia.

Neat little indie film starring Brad Jones as the lead character, Mark Bishop. It was sort of a surreal move at times, but this was intentional and makes sense with the ending. Actually, the entire third act of the movie is essentially one big mindfuck. Overall I thought it was good.

Rubber

Don't let the advertising fool you, it isnt a b-movie about a killer tire. That aspect is in the movie, but thats not what it is. To quote the movie: "The film you are about to see today, is an homage to the 'No Reason'."

If this intro seems interesting to you, by all means watch the full movie. I was smiling the entire time.

Last edited:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Transformers 3

I don't think it's as bad as everyone is claiming it to be. It was better than the second film, and certainly more entertaining than Thor or Green Lantern. I actually thought the second film was awkwardly paced, this film is a bit smoother. I've also been hearing terrible reviews of Rosie Huntington Whiteley's performance, and ridiculous comparisons with Megan Fox. People need to settle down with that bullshit. Megan Fox wasn't great either, she's a terrible actress. Rose isn't an actor by trade, and she manages to hold her own just well as Megan did. People need to remember who is directing this, I have no idea why people are going to this film expecting solid acting and a mind bending story. It's a Michael Bay action film, and the action is plentiful.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Rubber

Don't let the advertising fool you, it isnt a b-movie about a killer tire. That aspect is in the movie, but thats not what it is. To quote the movie: "The film you are about to see today, is an homage to the 'No Reason'."

If this intro seems interesting to you, by all means watch the full movie. I was smiling the entire time.

I'm sorry Road, I've seen Rubber and its a better action film that any Michael Bay film ever could be ;.;

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Animation Movie Night With Friends!

R.O.D OVAs - fairy nuff, not the most memorable but kickass music and visual design

Ninja Scroll - great classic, really like how the relationship between the hero and the heroines isn't actually gratuitous despite everything else in the movie :monster: Really nice ending, too, although we had quite a few chuckles about certain fights and some of the big bads didn't get much screen time at all

Akira - another sort of classic - the main thing that stuck out for me was the incredible detail put into the entire thing. It still has all the shock, horror and wonder it held for me the first time I watched it.

Metropolis - Okay, although watching Akira before it didn't help things. Some 3D model CG work that stood out like a sore thumb (which was a pity since the regular artwork and art direction shines the best), some very poor transitioning and a plot that only really picks up until about midway. Still, good entertainment, very good art and killer catchy music, and an honestly nice plot under a lot of the hammy dialogue.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Killer Clowns From Outer Space

I've been meaning to watch this for awhile. Seemed like it was mainly a way for the effects artists to show off what they could do, and they did it well. Those clowns looked great. Plus you got various clown related deaths, like a tiny clown punching a bikers block off (his head) because he broke his tiny bike.
Bad movie, but it's fun. And the theme song is catchy.

It´s a good film actually. Fuck the ´so bad it´s good´ attitude. When a film is entertaining and fun, such as Killer Klowns, there´s no way it´s a bad movie..

I watched Student Bodies, it´s interesting as it´s an early spoof on Slasher movies, released in 1981. Pretty hilarious at times and pretty much spot on.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
First, Super Capers. Really I only saw parts of this one, but what I saw was more or less the definition of crap.

Superman Doomsday on the otherhand was great. The action was intense and voilent. They did a good job showing Superman having a hardtime without making him seem weak. The animation is good to, which really adds to the whole thing, especially in regards to atmosphere.

The story was fairly good as well. Nothing amazing mind you, but not bad either.

Top Bottom