Last Film You've Seen

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Super 8 was super boring for half an hour, and then super interesting for an hour, and ended with another half-hour of disappointment.

Ghost X

Transfomers: Dark of the Moon.

I really liked the film. Surprised at the poor reception (according to rotten tomatoes). I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Perhaps they would better appreciate the film if they didn't have their noses in the air :monster:.

Transfomers: Dark of the Moon.

I really liked the film. Surprised at the poor reception (according to rotten tomatoes). I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Perhaps they would better appreciate the film if they didn't have their noses in the air :monster:.
meh.ro5776.jpg

Ghost X

Pretty serious. I was impressed by the visuals and various action sequences most of all, and a combination of the two =p. Its no philosophical masterpiece that would challenge great minds or anything as far as its story is concerned, but I don't think the franchise ever strived to achieve such. I went in with no real expectations, and came out impressed =p. I agree with some critics who say that it corrected everything that was wrong about the 2nd movie. I think the only things that were perhaps unwarranted were the gratuitous shots of the new girlfriend, but I'm not supposed to say that, being male and all.

Ite

AKA
Ite
It's been getting a lot of flack, but I quite liked X-Men: First Class. Mostly because the scenes with Charles and Erik are so strong, and those are what I saw the movie for. So it satisfied me on that front, which was the only front I was hoping for after the last two X-Men movies failed so spectacularly. In fact, any time Charles was on screen I had a great time. James McAvoy nailed it -- didn't think I could see a young Professor X played believably.

That being said, the movie had its flaws...
I felt like the director of the movie took one look at this part of the screenplay:

INT: Battleship. Slow pan over shocked crewmen and close in as CAPTAIN dramatically lowers binoculars.

CAPTAIN
God help us all
and thought to himself "Jesus fucking hell! No one can save these lines. So we might as well go all the way and cast Michael Ironside!" I felt like I got trolled so hard in that climax. You can't cast Ironside in a bit role and not have me instantly laugh.

Also, Beast looked ridiculous. Like, they CG'ed Hank's feet and the transformation, but when it came time to render the minute and a half of Beast-screentime, they said "Fuck it, let's get a 1980s makeup artist in here!"

Lastly, a small gripe I have about Erik: I found that his revenge quest certainly made it a better movie in general, it created a nice dramatic arc and raised the stakes concerning the villain and the strain on Erik and Charles's friendship. And the guy playing him gave a tight performance. But it kind of made Erik act as a sort of Proto-Wolverine in the movie. I'm glad the "Is he gonna leave?" subplot resolved itself in about ten seconds, but those aren't the important questions anymore.

X-Men has always been my favourite comic because it lies on the crux of a philosophical argument in which both sides have a very valid point. The basic conflict of any X-Men movie should address the argument with respect and dignity. And in a movie about Charles and Erik, (the kings on the chess board) the theme has to be personified by these two very similar men.

In First Class, they're too different. Erik's revenge-quest and his Wolverine-ness undermined the intelligence and clear-headedness that made his argument so compelling. It also put a bit of strain on the Charles-vs-Erik stuff because it seemed like the movie was going for a Brain-vs-Brawn feel, instead of giving Erik some credit. Still a worthy topic for a movie, but it's still not as sophisticated as the comics.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
didn't think I could see a young Professor X played believably.

I still haven't. I don't know who that guy was supposed to be but he was fuckall like Xavier, right down to his annoying accent :/

But on the contrary, most people seem to rate the film pretty highly, I didn't like it much at all.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't give a fuck what any cunt says, I enjoyed TF3 for what it was.

Anyone with a problem with that can eat a dick.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Oh thank you, I am actually in quite a jovial mood now.

DNA

Pro Adventurer
I'm glad. But, seriously, TF3 was all too bad. The only thing that bothered me was that it was unnecessarily long. :/

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I could have done without all of the shitty exposition, but I really enjoyed the action scenes and special effects. It's always nice to see Optimus Prime destroy everything in his path.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a bad Transformers film, and I still think 90% of the TF designs are awful but it is a good popcorn action movie.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Movies are better when you lower your expectations dramatically.

We were spoiled by Jurassic Park into thinking perfect movies were the norm.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
scott pilgrim

enjoyed it, though i wouldn't call it a great film. fight scenes were far better choreographed than i expected

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Cloverfield

Shit happens. Honestly, if you watch it thinking of it as a parody (and skip the first 15-20mins), it's bearable.

Everyone dies. Poor Marlena. ;.;

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Just saw The Thing for the first time. I found it to be actually really good. It felt pretty mind-screwy at times, which helped add to the unsettling atmosphere the movie had. Glad I took the time to watch it.

Winnie The Pooh. Felt like a continuation of the first movie from back when except for Owl. I dunno if it was just Craig Ferguson or how he was written, but he came off as that intrusive irritating know it all. Yeah thats owls personality, but it started to bug me waching it, and it doesnt in the other Pooh stuff.

If you got kids tho, take em. Or if you're nostalgic for Pooh. I went with my 28 yr old sister and we both loved it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
No Country for Old Men

I'm not sure what this movie's about exactly. Plus the ending's a bit of a wtf idgi. I like some movies to be somewhat predictable, at least, :monster:.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Ultramarines

- animation was kinda bad, especially the facial stuff. the battle scenes however were pretty decent, though they needed more bullets glancing off armor rather than just complete misses or gaping holes
- a lot of the time the space marines looked like, well, miniatures, rather than hulking 10 feet tall supersoldiers
- plot was predictable. maybe it's because i've read all of dan abnett's novels, so i'm familiar with his tricks, but damn dan i know you can do better

all that said, i still enjoyed watching it, because really even when a WH40K movie is not very good i'll still be cheering with every BURN THE HERETIC and FOR THE EMPEROR and chainsword rev.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Bad Boys II on TV yesterday

Pretty goddamn mindless, although you have to hand it to Michael Bay to give some explosions a legitimate excuse for occuring

But only some

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
The Thing

While it's definitely a good, enjoyable horror movie, the ending always pisses me off.

If you absolutely HAVE to split up, when you're more than aware there's a shapeshifter lurking around just waiting to absorb/eat more people, why wouldn't you at least call out to each other every 5 seconds? Better yet, HOW ABOUT YOU DON'T SPLIT UP AT ALL.

Horror movies do this all the time and it annoys the crap out of me.

Anyways, besides that, I'd forgotten almost all of this movie, and when the dude's chest opens up and is like OM NOM NOM on the Doc's arms I was like DUUUUUDE AWESOME and the part where the guys are strapped to the couch with the infected guy and they're just screaming their head off is hilarious. Totally appropriate reaction, mind you, but hilarious nonetheless.

This movie also reminds me just how squicky and horrifying non-CGI monsters can be. Seriously, gross.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Tangled.

It was funny. I winced when I realized there were songs (but after all, it's a Disney movie :monster: ), but it was overall pretty fun.

Even when there were kids among the public, the one who kinda spoiled it for me was a twenty-something guy who sat with his girlfriend on the row behind me. It was one of these guys you can't take anywhere, who spent the whole movie guessing what would happen during the next scene :/

But other than that, I loved the movie. I wonder if they will feature it in KH3. I'd love to see Flynn there, and Maximus too :3

Top Bottom