Last Film You've Seen

Ghost X

Rise of the POTA.

Very well-written story. I agree with the movie of the year comment.
I think its too short, even though it felt longer than it was. Fails in quantity as far as the action department is concerned. It had good action sequences, but there should've been far more, especially after they escape.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The Big Lebowski

Ok so I have seen it loads of times before, but it had been a while. God damn, what a film! I was talking it over with the hubsind and we we saying how there isn't one dud note in it. Every scene is full of quotable dialogue, all the intricate details weave into one another, like how The Dude appropriates sayings from other people and then they keep cropping up throughout. Sometimes the pace slows a bit but it never gets boring, in fact the nearest to boring it gets is the short scene where
The Nihilists are ordering pancakes and then it zooms in to show that the girl is missing her little toe
which is totally necessary to the plot and so short it doesnt detract from anything.

This is definitely in my top 10 movies of all time.

Also Ratatouille, which I hadn't seen before. I quite enjoyed it, not as much as Wall:E or Up. Although in my fragile state I did cry at one or two scenes, that weren't even that sad and certainly not massively sad like the Dinosaur bereavment fest that is The Land Before Time. ;_;

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Rango.

Quite funny, truth be told. I couldn't enjoy Johnny Depp's original voice since it was dubbed, but it was his regular Spanish VA who did the job (and quite nicely).

It's really curious that they never give Rango a real name, and the movie is about the chameleon building a whole identity from scratch, ending with himself being the hero of the play, as he always planned.

I also enjoyed the mole family. Having a whole bunch of cannibal
"There will be soup for dinner tonight!"
, inbreed rednecks completed it.

OH! And the "Spirit of the West" being
a Clint Eastwood-like guy riding a white golf cart with golden movie award statuettes
was one of the best surprises.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If TV shows count (and y are there not a proper TV show thread out there?), finished watching The Corner miniseries the other day (the spiritual prequel to The Wire). Shit's fucked up yo.

I would recommend watching (and liking) The Wire before this one though, much more lulz in seeing some of the actors play completely different (and sometimes tiny, five-second) roles, :monster:.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The Social Network. Software development isn't nearly as glamorous (or fast) as this movie makes it out to be. I do like how the computer screens are all realistic in this movie though (and how the turbo-tech-speech at the start of the movie isn't a load of bullcrap like this which is pure lulz because it's so much bullshit. I would do wget magic all the time if it wasn't for the fact one rarely ever uses it, :monster:).

I'm also curious - and not just from this movie btw - whether Harvard and stuff are as much win as they look like, or if that's just to the eye of the beholder and/or popularized and embellished upon in movies.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Triple poast, lulz. Just saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes in cinema. Whilst not original (it uses pretty much every cliché from the book), it was still a very awesome movie, with a crowning moment of awesome that just makes it more awesomer. I'm glad they didn't use that one in the trailers though (they used a bunch of other win stuff, :monster: ).

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
FISH TANK

Always wanted to watch this. Someone told me the lead, the girl who plays Mia, had no prior acting experience, but she's quite good. I never would have guessed. Fassy, of course, is marvelous as always.
I generally don't go for these troubled teen movies, but it was fine and I enjoyed it. Nothing that really stayed with me after though....unless you count the mother's creepo boyfriend Fassy plays in this. :\

EDIT: need to watch RotPotA soon. Half-Price Tuesday here I come!

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Shark Night 3D.

Pretty much what you'd expect from the trailer, and it's a decent flick. It DOES have one of the best aftercredits EVER though. It's totally unexpected and just fantastic.

X :neo:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Colombiana

Was entertaining, and overall decent, though not great. What's weird is that my mom, who usually despises action movies, thought it was fantastic, while both me and my dad who are big action buffs though it was just okay.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Paprika was the mind-screw Inception so very much failed to be.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
YAY SILLY FRIDGE PARADE.

Inception wasn't a mindfuck, it severely lacked in psychadelics and acid-induced inspiration.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
The Debt, really enjoyed it, excellent acting and felt very engaged the whole time.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Finally saw Captain America.
It was good, I really enjoyed it. It was America Fuck YEAH!!! throughout the entire thing, but the over-the-top American-ness was clearly something they had a lot of fun with and it was very intentional and very self-aware.

Had some good one liners. Loved the dramatic zoom and drums during that one pan to the plane titled NEW YORK while Cap is up on the Big Plane of Doom, because Chicago and all the other cities can fuck off. New York is THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!111

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Easy A

Loved it, was grinning or loling practically the whole time.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Thor

I liked it, :monster:.

* The oufits were rather dodgy and hugely plastic and things.
* The overall thing was high in geek factor
* I liked the sci-fi meets Norse mythology mix
* I liked the 'HAIL I AM THOR! *throws down coffee mug* MOAR!' in the plain old earth bit, :monster:
* CGI looked a bit too clean though.
* I didn't get Loki. First he's like 'baww I'm the second son', then he's like 'Baww
I'm not human
, then he's like
Bawww imma get the ice giants to Asgard and betray all without good reason maybe I'm just an unmotivated bad guy
then he's like
look me I defeat ice giants in hugely impressive magic tricks becuz my dad will like me then
. It was all very confusing to me - can anyone explain what the guy was actually about?
* Thor's character development was a bit thin, it could've done with a few more scenes that actually changed his personality instead of the boring
aww im in luv after meeting sum1 for a few hours nao i'm diffrent
* Would've made for a better action flick if Thor's hammer was much, much bigger :monster:. The flying superman business looked a bit out of place too.
* I like the little tie-ins with other Marvel movie adaptations, :monster:.

disclaimer: I am not into comics at all, never read any of this one's.

About Loki:
He wanted to make Odins opinion of Thor plummet since he's the favored son (in Lokis eyes) so he set up the Frost Giants breakin in and encouraging Thor to go all war monger. Then he sets up Odins assassination so that he can save him and "prove himself" to Odin.
The movie sets it up so that you arnt supposed to know what Loki's actually up to.

And the whole him being a Frost Giant babby is in the comics, but in the movie it's just kinda thrown in.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Alright, still is a weird motivation, even if you're fucked up, but okay :monster:. And yeah, that last bit didn't really add much to the overall story (and only added to the confusion really).

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Does it matter if it's in a theater or not?

Anyway, technically I suppose it'd be: Tensou Sentai Goseiger vs. Shinkenger: Epic on Ginmaku

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Sucker Punch.

tl;dr: What a dumb movie.

Somewhat longer: No, giving Barbie a sword does not make her cool, especially if she has a hentai "I'm about to get raped!" expression on her faec all the time. Choreography was unconvincing, action scenes were repetitive, outfits were shit, philosophy / wise lessons / blah bullshit was bullshit, girls' (nick)names were all dumb, music was overpowering, inappropriate and, quite frankly, annoying, and none of it made much sense.

I liked it much better when all I had seen of it was a giant samurai with a minigun.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Contagion
actually i was pretty impressed with the science in this movie and the accuracy it had to real life but besides that it was something of like a powerpoint slideshow movie lol

Top Bottom