Last Film You've Seen

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
"Batman versus Dracula"

A forgettable movie based on the "The Batman" cartoon. Very nice atmosphere though and it did set my mood for more Halloween-themed movies. =)

That just reminds me

I need to go back and watch Batman (1965) for epic fucking lulz

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Double post because damn... Just... DAAAAAMN.

The last Rocky movie tried, but it failed.
The Expendables tried, but it wasn't even close.
The Transformers.... I don't know what they did, but no.

They all failed, where Real Steel succeeded. 80's cheese, baby!

From the trailer, I wasn't excited in the least. If anything, the trailer makes an otherwise enjoyable movie look stupid. The hell, marketing?

Buuut, the movie itself had something I didn't expect: heart. It was made by people who obviously LOVE their cliches and they believe in them with their everything and boy, did it show. I didn't cringe from the cheese for one minute, the script was solid and the performances... wow. Not that Hugh Jackman was bad in any of his movies... even Wolverine. But here, he was obviously in his element. Dakota Goyo, the kid, was good as well. And no, I didn't find him annoying in the least. What the hell, the movie's plot happened thanks to this character's thick head! Thank him, dammit!! Evangeline Lilly was solid, too.

The graphics were surprising good, maybe because they included real-made robots in the movie instead only CGI. Kudos. The directing was solid as well, not overdoing the slooooo-mooooo that can kill the buzz and emotion of the scene. Kudos as well.

Generally, it was a really good bad movie. Yeah, the idea itself is ridiculous: giant robots beating the shit out of each other. =/ But, this movie proves than where there's heart, there's value.

8/10 and I wanna watch it again! :D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
In the last week, I've watched Kamikaze girls, a Japanese dark Comedy about a Gothic Lolita obsessed girl living in bumfuck Japan who finds true friendship with a Yanki in a scooter gang. Also some lesbians tones. Not undertones. That implies being subtle.

I also watched Redline, a movie done by MadHouse.
Watch this movie. It's over the top action racing nonsense intercut with some decent characters and a light love story and realizing a dream.
Also, in the great and distant future, magical girls have a galactic empire.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
^ Hey ryu, send me some information on where to watch Redline. DVDs aren't sold around these parts yet. : (

Also, in the great and distant future, magical girls have a galactic empire.

Sounds like TLS. Have they been visiting the forum? :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Sort of makes me laugh seeing Jennifer Aniston playing a character so unlike the ones she's played before.

I've never really found the characters she's played as memorable as the one she played in Horrible Bosses.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I forgot how much I enjoy The Outlaw Josey Wales.

It's no wonder I love Red Dead Redemption so much. You can't miss the inspiration the game took from this film.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Tron Legacy

Very predictable / unoriginal in terms of story etc, but I like the visuals and music so consider me statically entertained :monster:.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
'The Thing'. The prequel, that is. I thought it was pretty good. I liked that it brought back some of the feel of the original movie.

Rapunzel

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jibrille
Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Saw it yesterday. One of my favorite comedies out this year. :-D The fact that Ryan Gosling is in it might have more than a little something to do with that, but it's the hardest I laughed in a while.

bettycocker

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Paranormal Activity 3. It was okay, though my friends hadn't seen the previous and I had to explain shit throughout the movie and on the ride home. It was okay, nice to pass some time.

Scream 4, I don't even know why I watched it, I finished the movie in a bad mood. D:

Re-watched Perfect Blue. I had forgotten how awesome it is. It's kind of hard to ignore the dated-ness of the bit where Mima gets a computer and is like WHAT IS THIS, but it still doesn't really detract from anything.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
^ Can you give us more details as to how it went? was the movie good?

It's an action movie, very coloristic (almost psychedelic), taking place in a hypothetical future where the world order that we know has gone to hell, resulting in towns and cities ruled by crime lords.

It's not an Oscar deserving movie, but it was very intertaining, especially if you like watching Ron Pearlman playing an evil character.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
So I finished watching Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya

alternate!Yuki is the bestest thing ever in the whoooole series

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Dominick & Eugene

Old movie from the 80s.
Tom Hulce is awesome as the older brother who's left a bit slow in the head after an accident, but who works hard as a garbage hauler to put his asshole bro through medschool. Brilliant performance by him, but everyone else just falls short and it's obvious. It has some overly sentimental moments, but overall I think it's a good film with lots of heart.

I really love Nicky <3

Top Bottom