Last Film You've Seen

Rapunzel

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jibrille
Mirror Mirror

I was really looking forward to this... but the only good thing I can say about it was that I got to see Armie Hammer with his shirt off...

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Wrath of the Titans.

Decent film with great SFX. Don't go into this expecting too much.

The Devil's Rock

"On the eve of D Day, two Allied commandos sent to destroy a German gun installation discover a secret Nazi occult plot to unleash an evil she-demon to help win the war."

Low budget new zealand movie that was suprisingly well done. It's not a so bad its good, its just good. The acting's solid, direction's good, and the effects are pretty good.
It kept my attention the whole time and had me guessing a few times as to what was actually going to happen.

Solid flick: 7.5/10

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
HELLO PROFESSOR FALKEN. SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?

WarGames. I have to admit, I'd forgotten the set-up of WOPR being plugged into the nuclear launch facilities because a little over a fifth of human operators wouldn't go through with a simulated launch.

I also forgot that JOSHUA called Lightman back!

This film is a product of its time, but actually hasn't dated that badly as it didn't claim to be in x years time.
And the fate of the world lies on a game of tic-tac-toe...

A STRANGE GAME.
THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY.

HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Napoleon Dynamite.

Not impressed. I kind of thought it would be right up my street cos Simon Pegg said it was good but it was boring. I think the character himself could have been amusing, but the plot was just mehhhhhhhh. I usually like all that deadpan, quirky shit.

Guess I'm getting old.

AvecAloes

Donator
300. Yes, for the first time. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, honestly. I was kind of surprised by how early in the film the whole "THIS IS SPARTA" battle cry came out :P

Rapunzel

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jibrille
Titanic

I loved that I finally got to see it in theaters (too young when it first came out), but i didn't feel that the 3D really added anything, and i would have preferred to have just seen it in 2D (saves money, too xD).

Glad I saw it, nonetheless. seeing it on the big screen really adds to it.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Melancholia

I think it needs a second viewing. Personally I thought it was gorgeous and it was interesting to see a film dealing specifically, both in character and stylistically, with depression and well, melancholia.

I think the first part was the strongest, probably because of the setting and seeing people's, and generally society's views towards mental illness and depression. The second part was meh for me. :\

I'm not too willing to give it a second viewing tbh.

original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

...Yeeahhhh. It was scary/creepy up until Leatherface showed up. Then it just got silly. It seemed like we were supposed to be so completely terrified of the concept, but, it just got dumb.

That dinner scene was just annoying :/ She screams, they laugh, dozens of quick shots of her eyes. Then we're treated to a min long scene of grandpa dropping the hammer repeatedly while she screams.
Terrifying stuff.

And wtf? guy in 18 wheeler stops, she climbs in, leatherface attacks the door which doesnt actually do anything, so instead of drive away from him they get out and get chased down the road. Then some other guy shows up, and drives the girl off while the truck driver runs off down they road. She screams. Leatherface does a lil ballet dance. The End.

And wtf was with the ominous shot of the chicken in the cage? I dont find chickens in cages to be especially horrifying, even if it's in someones house.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Mallrats

I couldn't stop thinking that Silent Bob was EG's older brother. The movie itself was meh, had a couple funny moments though.

MissPlasticFlower

Lv. 25 Adventurer
28 Weeks Later.

This movie really sucks. I was so disappointed because I'd really liked 28 Days later and thought that this would be at least okay but bleh. It's like they took everything good about the first one and make it lame and overused.

The Skin I Live In

"Ever since his wife was burned in a car crash, Dr. Robert Ledgard, an eminent plastic surgeon, has been interested in creating a new skin with which he could have saved her. After twelve years, he manages to cultivate a skin that is a shield against harm."

Its more stuff like isnt effected by fire, bugs cant bite, etc. than something Supermanesque.

Really, really good movie. The first part will be a bit confusing, but then once you figure out what the movies REALLY about, the first part makes sense, and shit gets fucked up. Even moreso than before. But it's fascinating, and when you slowly realize whats actually going on, but you dont really think they'd go there, it's insanely unnerving.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Ip Man

Wasn't much in the way of plot but when there's that many awesome fight scenes who cares.

Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey

If you enjoy Henson, have a fondness for the Muppets, or Sesame Street, or anything like that. Watch this. You'll laugh, you'll cry. You'll just feel warm and happy at the end.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Battle Royale.

Seen it a while back, still a classic.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
TheAvengers2012Poster.jpg

Ground-breaking crossover movie unites Marvel's finest heroes being pitted against Loki and a massive alien invasion. Starts off slow, but it's important to get the story developing. Well written, great humor, but once the movie gets to New York, all chaos breaks loose and the movie packs one hell of a punch. A great climactic scene. I'm looking forward to a sequel if there ever will be one.

Rating: 4/5.

Watch through the credits:
Thanos is going to be the next villain!

Thanos.png

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Part of the latest Sherlock Holmes movie (something something shadows). It's kinda all over the place, I dunno where it's going to. This is a bit of a common thing in sequels; the first ones are interesting because they have character introductions and such, the sequels skip that part largely. I stopped 3/4th through because I was falling asleep, which is what you get when you watch movies after midnight :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's right. I'm transiting in the UK for a few days (on the way for a business trip in the US) and got to watch it. For some strange reason, they renamed the movie 'Avengers Assemble'. :huh:

Seriously I don't get why they change titles overseas. I can imagine if the movie gets a somewhat different name in a foreign country w/ different language and dubbing if the title doesn't translate 1 to 1, but that?

Wait nevermind I get it; The Avengers was a popular 1960's British TV series and later, movie, so obviously calling it outright The Avengers would be v. confusing to the British.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
They also made "The First Avenger" the main title in some of the foreign screenings of Captain America :monster:
Probably because they were scared that 'Captain America' wouldn't gel with the foreign audiences' sensibilities

OT: I saw Traitor on television last night. Pretty great movie! Don Cheadle takes the cake as a devout Muslim acting as a double agent for the CIA by infiltrating a terrorist group.
It's interesting to see the spectrum of beliefs as his character sympathises with the terrorist faction, even though he knows his duty and the need to kill innocent people in order to keep his cover.
It's funny to see them purposely using young adults and teenagers (well-integrated into their resident countries' cultures, the movie shows their sleeper agents as baristas, students, regular white-collar business workers all with families and friends) rather than the stereotypical middle-aged Middle-Eastern men with voluminous beards, etc. It helps to move the idea of radical Islam away from demographics and towards personal ideals, but it was a bit of an obvious effort, :monster:

In any case, the conflicted-double-agent-maybe-triple-agent story has been explored enough for this to feel less fresh than it could be, and the film never strays into 'SHOCKING REVELATION CHARACTER FACE-HEEL TURN' territory like it could have. But still, fantastic acting, great themes being thrown around, and I felt a fair amount of suspense even when watching the terrorists going around with their bombs trying not to get caught (feeling suspense for the bad guys wat is this)

Top Bottom