• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Last Film You've Seen

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
(Not necesarely talking about Cats)

Not all enjoyable but not recommendable movies are guilty pleasures, sometimes their content is hard to connect with a particular (casual/mainstream) audience, like for instance, Annihilation (2018) was an enjoyable movie for me but I surely know only a miniscule audience would be invested in such movie so I can't recommend it (unless I knew the people I talk to were into that).

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
NiNoKuni (2019)

It was heartwarming and a bit bittersweet
to see an old Oliver still kicking around

Also,
I loved how the two games and the movie are connected. I mean, Evermore sure ends up growing!

And, about the royal advisor,
It's a bit eerie that Prompto's voice actor ends up giving life to a character who almost an expy of Ardyn

Sorry, I'm a sucker for Ghibli movies, or anything that looks like it :P

Back To Black

Pro Adventurer
Watched John Wick 3 the other night as my quest for decent late night quarantine entertainment continues.

Wouldn't blame anyone for developing a phobia for books or horses to be honest.

Back To Black

Pro Adventurer
Just finished watching the foreigner having had no idea Jackie Chan was in it...So after getting over the shock of seeing Jackie Chan driving a 90's Ford Mondeo around London I settled down and enjoyed it. I don't ever recall seeing him in a serious role.

I have to admit my Netflix choices are getting to the bottom of the barrel but this one was enjoyable. Quite intense but worth a spin.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Just finished watching Frozen 2 on Disney+. Cried a few times, because I'm a sucker for a good song.

Overall the film was gorgeous, and I'm a sucker for good costume design, real or cgi. But the story felt rushed to me.

Back To Black

Pro Adventurer
Watched Bumblebee recently. I felt the human drama aspect was written poorly, but was an otherwise tolerable film. 2.7/5 stars.
My favourite scene without a doubt was when Bee kept spitting the tapes out. I agree with you though, it was ok to have on in the background watching it here for 5 minutes every now and then.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
About a week ago, I watched the true true story of Star Wars. The one with Tommy Wiseau.

It was more coherent than the sequel trilogy.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Lately, I've really been into movies by Neil Breen.

To say that his movies are bizarre is a severe understatement... it's like they're created by an alien entity. They're so entertaining to watch. The guy can really give Tommy Wiseau a run for his money.

My favorite from his movies is probably Fateful Findings. That ending is just... *chef's kiss*

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
In theaters: Joker. Joaquin Phoenix's performance is awesome. That laugh... oh god. I dislike superhero movies and this is the only one I've ever looked forward to because it felt like a mix between The network and the Fight club from the trailers. It was even better! The way it portrays mental illness and how society treats mental health patients is one of the best I've ever seen, it's so true that hurts. It was an amazing experience, albeit an emotionally draining one.
Joker notebook -the worst part of having a mental illness.jpg

And the compositions by Hildur Guðnadóttir are haunting and mesmerizing. A well deserved Oscar.

At home, a Sergio Leone marathon because we're like that (last one was The good, the bad and the ugly). The only true western movies were filmed in Almería and directed by an italian, fight me. John Ford's are boring (I love The quiet man, tough).

Edit: typos

Last edited:

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
About a week ago, I watched the true true story of Star Wars. The one with Tommy Wiseau.

It was more coherent than the sequel trilogy.
I have not a Star Wars movie in my life, even though I know about all the characters. Which Star Wars film would you suggest someone like me should start with?

Last film I saw was Parasite by Bong Joon-ho.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
I have not a Star Wars movie in my life, even though I know about all the characters. Which Star Wars film would you suggest someone like me should start with?

Oh no, I am not a Star Wars geek (I'm just a casual watcher) so I wouldn't know. I'm definitely the wrong guy to ask lol. I was only referencing a parody video of Star Wars in that post you quoted.

Last film I saw was Parasite by Bong Joon-ho.

Great choice. Parasite is an excellent film. If you're into Bong, you should also watch his Snowpiercer and Memories of Murder.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
@odekopeko as a former Star Wars fan, my suggestion would be Rogue One. It's placed just before the beginning of Episode IV and it's the best Star Wars movie by Disney. If you aim for uncle George's movies, watch Episode IV: A new hope because it's what started everything.

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
Cool, will add to my list. Not much to do at home since most places where I'm at are closed due to the pandemic. I'll be watching them soon.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Watched Me, Earl and the Dying Girl, very heartfelt, welled up a bit. Worth watching. Think I'll pick up the book at some point

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
The Irishman: Old school mobster movie. Just loved it.

Le Mans 1966: I'm never sure about biopicts, so I will not judge the historical accuracy of this one (seems leggit during the important parts, though). but I did enjoy it. Bittersweet, though.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Watched Joy, with Jennifer Lawrence. A good movie, the message is inspirational.

Its easy to forget about our creative-self in a world designed like this, designed to put you in pre-established tracks... and keep you there.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Once upon a time in the west

I love Sergio Leone's style, even the most mundane scenes have gravitas and tension, he create scenes and worlds that sucks you in, even if the story is simple at its core.

Top Bottom