Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Fangu

Great Old One
I still can't get used to the fact that our hero protagonist who's gonna save the world in 13 days is getting curfew'd by a 14 year old :P

Lex

Administrator
Hey Lex... you... you have the same scarf as Hope in Lightning Returns.

lightningreturnsfinalfantasy13_2.jpg

profilepic668_2.gif

Let it be noted that this photo of me is from quite a while ago, and therefore I did it first... SE be copying my terrible fashion choices. Oh gawd.

I still own the scarf >_>.

Fangu

Great Old One
oh. holy. fuck.

YES.

Edit: I seriously leaped in my chair when I saw that. I am so happy right now.

Edit (again)

FAAANNNGGG

Last edited:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
After seeing the plot in full I want a Valkyrie Profile DLC costume.

Splintered

unsavory tart
FANG

*screams and cries*

Wait where is Vanille? Crystal lesbian paradise and everything?

Oh and I still think Lightning is going to give the middlefinger to Bhunivelze in the end.

Groodon

That XIII guy
I got the biggest grin when I saw Fang :D
I also saw some gameplay and a quest at the dead dunes. Also saw some character customization. Apparently all spells have levels now, you saw for example, "Blizzard Lvl. 2". I think that's a improvement from spells before, that it matters which spell of fire/blizzard/lightning you use, dependnding on what you want to level up the most. Maybe that after a certain level it evolves to Fira-Firaga? That would be awesome :)
The environment felt awesome aswell.

Edit: Also where is ma main man Sazh? :o

And here is the video I was talking about.

Last edited:

Groodon

That XIII guy
Does anyone else feel more and more like Lightning will be the sacrifice to save everyone at the end? Or at least not be alive in human form, with the others.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Nah, I feel like Lightning has been that sacrifice already. Everyone has sacrificed something (a lot of something) at this point. Everyone.

Serah, Noel, Hope, Fang, Vanille, Light, Snow and even Sazh. It's time for that happy ending everyone foresaw when they briefly became l'Cie during XIII's last battle.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I'm already loving that new "insert word here" Of One in the trailer.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I got the biggest grin when I saw Fang :D
I also saw some gameplay and a quest at the dead dunes. Also saw some character customization. Apparently all spells have levels now, you saw for example, "Blizzard Lvl. 2". I think that's a improvement from spells before, that it matters which spell of fire/blizzard/lightning you use, dependnding on what you want to level up the most. Maybe that after a certain level it evolves to Fira-Firaga? That would be awesome :)

I have a feeling it's going to be equipment based. Just looking it, there looked like there were a lot of ways to change Lightning around. The outfits had their own stats and auto abilities, the weapon had its own stats and auto abilities, the shield had its own stats and auto abilities, and it had a slot for accessories though it didn't show it off. Some of the abilities had things like Attack or defense + so there could be magic+. But leveling makes sense too, though I think in a previous interview levels are done via boss battles rather than exp.

And Lightning was wielding a staff in one of them so different kind of weapons as well. I guess that makes sense, I thought it was strange that the preorder dlc had Lightning using two hands on the weapon with no shield. We're probably going to get two handed weapons.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
318px-Tumblr_mk0lwiCdwr1s6cjx6o4_1280.jpg

jun6_quest2_q_en.jpg

Crimson Blade: A sword belonging to the Savior. A past incident has sapped it's power.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
hahaha ha ah hahahdlkaslhaha h sdasda
a
a

hdahaha ah FAN n g......

FNa ng

FANNN G

FANG

10nf02f.gif

Mwynn

Tenderness
Oh and I still think Lightning is going to give the middlefinger to Bhunivelze in the end.

Same here. I just... I kinda cringed when she was all being God / divine in the trailer because it felt like it wasn't her at all. I just realized how that kind of scene pays homage to the FF classics though, being blessed by divine crystals and such.

From what I've seen so far, Lightning has 5 types of weapons: swords, rapiers, halberds, dual swords, and staffs. As for defense, I've only seen shields and gauntlets so far. Honestly though, the gameplay system is looking fantastic to me. That crazy customization is just exciting to do.

Also

tumblr_mpfmecpVOT1s2shcvo1_500.gif

atta girl

Last edited:

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
[Me]- Oh Fang that's nice, so happy and pleased that they remember that classic and quite good female character in the original game. Nice, thankyou. Very nice.

[Me inside.]-
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG OHMGAASKAAJAKAJAJAK *SQUEELS * *JUMPS ON SOFA* SQQQQQUEEEEEEEEEEE* I LOVE YOU SE !
20050523-tows-tom-cruise-2-600x411.jpg

Nice to see some new pictures of the other characters as well. Very good. * clears throat from all the happiness *

Groodon

That XIII guy
Well, it seems like she is some sort of godly being. She says in the trailer:
I'm more powerfull than I ever was, but it came with a price. I'm not even sure if I humnan anymore.
It seems like she is some kind of god-servent-jesus-thingy. And in that state she can't join the others that she saved, in the end. I want her to break free from that somehow :P
I don't know if it sounds confusing, but it's just whatI think :)

Top Bottom