Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
I like Lightning/ Aerith to be honest. All that pink would be adorables :P

ontopic. Caius yes ! Second favourite Final Fantasy villain ! I'm sorry Caius but Kuja will always be the best in my heart.
. :P

Splintered

unsavory tart
Short video on the making of the soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jyI1dK1pQBg

Music clip (the battle theme we barely heard from the E3 demo) video with a few new scenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKdnRUdZQsc&feature=youtube_gdata

Pretty great imo.

Also, never really paid attention to it from the Japan Expo trailer, but lol at Lightning killing (?) that soldier in one choke.
At first I wasn't sure about it, but it got much better after the opening. I'm still partial to Blinded by Light and Last Hunter but this isn't bad at all. It looks like it's doing the same thing as XIII-2 and having multiple battle themes depending on the location anyway. If you listen closely to the expo trailer, you can hear the music for the Dead Dunes, it's actually quite pretty (all two seconds you can hear it).

Also not sure if this has been posted before but

tumblr_mptwc1eWfd1s04poyo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mptwc1eWfd1s04poyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mptwc1eWfd1s04poyo3_500.jpg
\
tumblr_mptwc1eWfd1s04poyo4_250.jpg

tumblr_mptwc1eWfd1s04poyo8_1280.jpg

[/spoiler]

The other images were ones I know we've seen at the announcement, the skeleton monster character design and the bandits' clothing design, but just in case

tumblr_mptwc1eWfd1s04poyo7_1280.jpg

So Adonis' weird ass clothes is just what's trendy for bandits?

dont u start
Can't stop perfection wat

I like Lightning/ Aerith to be honest. All that pink would be adorables :P
u r dead to me

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I will be pleased if this game is as open-ranged exploration as Shadow of the Colossus was.

You people and your love pairings make me sick!

Lex

Administrator
Did I just miss this or is it new? (New-ish, most of it is old footage. I haven't seen the part with Noel using Meteor Javelin on Lightning anywhere yet though... or the part where's she's like eating souls or something towards the end).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
How's that for obvious marketing derp; after all, you need to press 'send' and shit before a tweet is poasted, :wacky:.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Some pics from E3. :monster:

30idq2b.jpg

av31pe.jpg

10r5yc4.jpg

voice of lightning playing as lightning?

light!ception :awesome:

Last edited:

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
Looks like it's so big that you could use it as a sleeping bag or like one of those anime pillow things :monster:

Mwynn

Tenderness
http://lightning-returns-news.tumbl...-interview-with-kitase-and-toriyama-by-ffring

Toriyama: We certainly talked about 80 suits, but they are actually based on 12 base models. The rest will actually be different versions, with different colors for example. Regarding the inspiration we drew from particular jobs in previous Final Fantasy games. For example, a costume is inspired by the red mage, which we have slightly modernized.

(To clarify, what Toriyama meant is that there are about 80 ways to costumize the 12 base outfits. The Japan Expo trailer showed an example featuring a modified Dark Muse. Not only was it different in color (it was yellow in the trailer), but also it had different-looking sleeves and pants.)

Here's a photoset for comparison:
http://lightning-returns-news.tumbl...es-an-example-of-what-toriyama-just-confirmed

Here’s an example of what Toriyama just confirmed. Certainly there are about 80-100 costume options for Lightning, but there are 12 base models available in the game. The top picture is the official render for her Dark Muse outfit, and the bottom pictures were from the Japan Expo trailer. You can clearly see the differences between the versions, from the sleeves to her neck adornments, etc. This shows how much we can customize her outfits in the game.

Mwynn

Tenderness
Speaking of poses:

Mocha, who recently played the newly revealed Japanese Lightning Returns demo at SQEX EXPO, detailed the edited version of Lightning’s infamous “sexy pose".
Not much of the movement has changed. In fact, the only major change was that, instead of bringing her arms up and around her head, Lightning merely places one hand on her waist. Her facial expression during the pose also stays the same.

*sighs in relief*

Splintered

unsavory tart
I was expecting kuja to post this but he hasn't so...

• You can use GP (Glory Points) to stop time on the field and teleport to a specific spot.
  • You mainly earn GP by clearing battles. At first it was shared with Radiant Power (points sacrificed to the star tree Yggdrasil to extend the life of the world), but now they are separate and available regardless of the world’s lifespan.
  • Since Lightning grows outside of battle too, only clearing important event scenes will set a parameter. It’s possible to clear the game as fast as possible without participating in battles.
  • As for parameter changes in the category of usual play, the weight of equipment is considerably large. (It’s possible to make up the difference when playing through it.)
  • Since strong weapons are sold at the start, you’ll be stronger if you buy them. If you buy the strongest one, you’d probably be fine using it until the last boss. Of course, the price [is so high] you won’t afford it without doing your best.
  • The first play through is difficult, but theoretically it’s possible to grasp everything in one play through.
  • You can go to just about any spot on the map that looks possible. (About 90%.) The dungeon’s structures have a lot of high and low variations, and it’s possible to fall right to the bottom.
  • Basically you can seamlessly go to all the places you are able to walk. Basically anywhere you can walk, you can go seamlessly. You can walk through all the continents, all seamlessly. Since you warp when you are riding a vehicle, it causes loading.
  • That battle system is based on Final Fantasy XIII. It plays basically the same: push that button to attack, if you’re attacked then guard, it’s easy to understand. Once you play it for yourself, it plays comparatively like a regular RPG.
  • You can move in real-time, regulating your actions accordingly, like avoiding when you notice enemies moving into attack motions. I think that a talented person will be able to play it splendidly.
  • Although the basis of a KO is an extension of a break, you can also bring something down in one shot.
  • When your attack hits and your opponent’s HP Gauge part undulates (knockout wave), you know that attack was a weak point of your enemy’s. Also, you can tell the outcome of attacks depending on the variations in the wave’s movement and color until they are knocked out.
  • There is an element where you can destroy part of your enemy. You can cut their tail [for example] by approaching from behind and attacking, though it’s difficult. At least when an enemy is down you can aim. You can also use GP to invoke a dummy to take hits in place of yourself, which makes it easier.
  • You can do this to about a quarter of monsters, including some that aren’t new to the series.
  • As a reward for cutting tails, usually the drop item changes. Also, doing it causes your enemy to become weaker and therefore easier to defeat.
  • Cure isn’t a regular ability, it’s one of the effects of GP. You have to use GP in order to recover. Raise is also similar.
  • Fighting characters appear together and act automatically. It’s very efficient.
  • The battles slip into a lot of action, but if you aren’t able to guard you can still win, like in a regular RPG, if you are strong enough you’ll be victorious.
  • If the degree of difficulty is set to “Easy,” then enemies are weak, you barely consume GP, and you recover HP when you are standing still on the field. “Hard” mode includes stronger enemies and additional elements.
  • The game flows like this: you start on the Ark where Hope is, you adventure for a day and return to the Ark. When it becomes 6 a.m. you are forced back to the Ark, where all the Radiant Power you earned during your day out is offered to Yggdrasil and the world’s lifespan is lengthened.
  • You earn Radiant Power by clearing quests. It’s offered to the holy tree which signifies the world’s lifespan, something like branches and leaves indicating the days grow each time it’s given a fixed amount. It’s only possible to expand its life up to 13 days.
  • If you continue to defeat the same enemies, they’ll become extinct. However, the last one of a species is extremely strong.
http://gematsu.com/2013/07/yuji-abe-talks-lightning-returns-gp-battle-system-more

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Top Bottom