Locked Heart // Tifa Lockhart

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Now I'm like, "How do you kick without showing undies?" but w/e. I guess I'll find out in Dissidia :/

You don't. In the video released you can see her panties a few times already.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I can go take shots if you like :awesome:

Actually I'm not opposed. I have to be honest, I don't see it. I think maybe at the very end when she's defeated I can see it, but other than that I didn't notice, lol. That's so stupid. Tifa apparently gets no dignity in this game.

But then, Terra's ass was hanging out in ex mode. Although I never noticed that until I saw a picture that Drake posted, lol.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Oh, I thought they'd just place a black void beneath Tifa's skirt so we wouldn't see anything. Like they do with some characters... personally I would have preferred that because... >_>; Just would.

I think it's interesting that Tifa is shy and more insecure of herself as a character, but she dresses the most provocatively. I've never had a problem with her outfits, but I noticed her style doesn't seem to match her personality. xD Not that more reserved girls have to dress a certain way, or anything. And then Aerith who is more flirtatious covers up more than Tifa does... I just wonder why they have made the design like this? XD

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Tifa's only shy when it comes to Cloud it seems.

She was probably dressing like that to get his attention :awesome:

Also, remember all the panty shots from the first Dissidia? I didn't expect them to do Tifa any favors in that regard

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
Instead of comparing skirt lengths, compare the height Aerith's dress is unbuttoned at to where Tifa's miniskirt hits. :lol: Tifa's skirt is still higher, yes, but the difference isn't nearly as much.

But yeah, it's also that Tifa is more shy about approaching Cloud in particular. As she says, it's hard being childhood friends and all.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Hello, I was told there would be panty pics...

I was going through the vid trying to, but it's so low res they all look really shit.

Is there a higher res vid? But yeah, you can see them at several points if you pause at the right moment

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Tifa's only shy when it comes to Cloud it seems.

True, but she's also insecure about her feelings and likes to take the blame for things that aren't her fault. She also keeps a lot of her feelings inside, not just about Cloud. Well, her Crisis Core outfit was outright stated to be worn to impress Cloud so who knows... maybe her VII outfit was the same thing. xD Or, maybe they just wanted show she still has confidence even though she's a bit reserved with her feelings? Idk. xD She certainly is willing to kick an ass or two, and won't let people push her around. (SCARLET)

@Mini - True, and actually, I don't get where fans of Aerith that hate Tifa get that Tifa is a slut when she's loved one man her whole life. They point out that Tifa has big boobs (lol that makes you a slut), but it's actually Aerith who shows off her cleavage.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I agree that there should be black under her skirt, where you wouldn't know if it's underwear or the skirt.

And the reasoning behind Tifa's skirt was said as having an affection for skirts, and liking room to move around for her martial arts. ... ... ... >_>

As far as personality, I think Tifa was only shy with Cloud, but also specifically about her feelings and the story about Nibelheim. Because even with Cloud she occassionally has no problems sharing her thoughts like in AC/C regarding his geostigma and the family.

Also, remember all the panty shots from the first Dissidia? I didn't expect them to do Tifa any favors in that regard

What's this now? I never noticed panties in Dissidia. Where have I been?

But yeah, you can see them at several points if you pause at the right moment

The only one I see is at 3:14, as she is hanging in the air defeated.

Last edited:

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
As far as personality, I think Tifa was only shy with Cloud, but also specifically about her feelings and the story about Nibelheim. Because even with Cloud she occassionally has no problems sharing her thoughts like in AC/C regarding his geostigma and the family.

I would disagree with her talk in AC/C showing she has "no problems" there. Case of Tifa shows just how long it took for her to speak up about the issues with the family life. Even in the original movie, before the novellas, it seemed more like the moment where she finally gets out what's wrong rather than her having no problems talking about it.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I would disagree with her talk in AC/C showing she has "no problems" there. Case of Tifa shows just how long it took for her to speak up about the issues with the family life. Even in the original movie, before the novellas, it seemed more like the moment where she finally gets out what's wrong rather than her having no problems talking about it.

Oh no arguments there. My point is that she's not totally incapable of saying what's on her mind eventually. She is able to tease Cloud on occassion, "You sure are messed up!" As a matter of fact, Barret is probably the only person she has no problem yelling at, lol. But it's no secret that she and Cloud have communication problems. Although perhaps if the end of AC/C means anything, maybe they'll be working on that.

She is shy, but I think it's mostly limited to Cloud because of her feelings for him. Not unusual for a girl :awesome: She's better with other people, even though she's not outgoing (certainly not as much as Aerith).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I dislike AC on the grounds that Tifa is now a boring housewife.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Tifa's original outfit is her waitress uniform. It's not like they had the luxury of clothes shopping after their city was crushed.

Although theoretically her, Cloud and Aeris should have all been in their Wall Market outfits for the rest of the game. Funny how that happened.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
And what would you prefer she be doing?

Anything other than the generic role of taking care of kids while waiting for her man to come home.

Her current role is so boring compared to her FF7 days.

Vendel

Banned
Anything other than the generic role of taking care of kids while waiting for her man to come home.

Her current role is so boring compared to her FF7 days.

Well let's see. Her role in the FFVII days.
1. Owning and running a bar
2. Taking care of Marlene when he daddy was away
3. Taking care of Cloud
4. Supporting AVALANCHE (mostly from the sidelines).

Now let's look at her roles post FFVII.

2. Raising Marlene and Denzel
3. Taking care of Cloud.

I wonder what has changed?

Even though her entire motivation for helping eco terrorist is now gone. And the woman basically has three full time jobs. You still want her doing what exactly?

Can you think of anything that remotely fits with her character arc?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I agree with Vendel on this one. She's doing the same thing now she was doing before. The big difference being there's no one to fight. But when trouble shows up, she does go into hero mode.

As far as "waiting for Cloud", I would agree that it was overemphasized in Case of Tifa. There should have been something other than her being consumed by thoughts of Cloud in there.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well let's see. Her role in the FFVII days.
2. Taking care of Marlene when he daddy was away
3. Taking care of Cloud
4. Supporting AVALANCHE (mostly from the sidelines).

Now let's look at her roles post FFVII.

2. Raising Marlene and Denzel
3. Taking care of Cloud.

I wonder what has changed?

Even though her entire motivation for helping eco terrorist is now gone. And the woman basically has three full time jobs. You still want her doing what exactly?

Can you think of anything that remotely fits with her character arc?

In her FF7 days she was running around fighting Shinra MPs, helping with terrorist attacks, and saving the world. Sidelines? Tifa was right in the fucking thick of it in FF7, from the Nibelheim incident to the finale.

Instead she's a generic housewife now. Excuse me if that doesn't appeal to me in the bloody least. The only real similarities between her original role and the one she has now is that she's still running a bar, and Cloud is there, albeit not an invalid. Looking after a kick every now and then while her pops away=raising two fucking kids pretty much on her own. She spent half her time in AC bitching at Cloud and pouting about his stupidity, got her ass kicked in her one fight, and totally sat out the Bahamut fight.

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
In her FF7 days she was running around fighting Shinra MPs, helping with terrorist attacks, and saving the world. Sidelines? Tifa was right in the fucking thick of it in FF7, from the Nibelheim incident to the finale.

Cloud spent a month at 7th heaven and was surprised that Tifa was coming along. Before that it seems she was mostly known for her cooking.

So yes she was the support staff and had the base of operations for AVALANCHE. But actively helping on missions? Not until the game itself it seems.

Instead she's a generic housewife now.

Right a generic housewife who runs a business full time while raising two children and helping Cloud with his business.

Her day must be filled with thinking about how to please her man and making sure his dinner is ready when he gets home.

Excuse me if that doesn't appeal to me in the bloody least.

I could care less if her character does not appeal to you. But it shouldn't be for bullshit you make up. We harp on the cleriths all the time about this.

The only real similarities between her original role and the one she has now is that she's still running a bar, and Cloud is there, albeit not an invalid.

Well one could say being the lover of Cloud is more work than being the guardian of Cloud.

Looking after a kick every now and then while her pops away=raising two fucking kids pretty much on her own.

Right, extended babysitting of someones kid is the exact same as raising two children full time? Have you ever been around kicks Dacon?

She spent half her time in AC bitching at Cloud and pouting about his stupidity, got her ass kicked in her one fight, and totally sat out the Bahamut fight.

Tifa is pouting now? Remember what I said about making shit up? And I guess giving Cloud a boost for the killing strike is her reading a book in the corner?

So once again, how is Tifa basically doing the same thing only without the eco terrorism/trying to save the planet, suddenly a bad thing and just RUINS FOREVER her character?

Last edited:
Top Bottom