Love Triangle Spoiler Thread

holdthesun

Tifa Pwnage 101
By your logic, Rinoa and Squall might have split up. Hey, we don't know, anything could have happened after the ending, right? We're not shown.

According to you, Cloud could very well be sexing up seph on the side on those long delivery trips. We don't know. We aren't shown.

That's ridiculous.
Stories don't work that way. Nothing does.

No, no, no, you're taking my point to shit knows where... what is different about Rinoa and Squall is that there is no controversy, there is no LTD crap that plagues the Compilation. I was never sure in ACC where Blondy's heart was, and I'm not the only one who is confused about that, you now it, but when ever they choose to canonize the pairing in an "in your face type manner", where I couldn't come up with an excuse for Clerith (which is dumb), that will be the end of it. Now stop responding to me, I'm out of this god-forsaken thread :monster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I have to say, kudos to holdthesun for being able to admit to having been mistaken about some stuff :monster: That happens far less often than I'd like to see in debates. :(

holdthesun

Tifa Pwnage 101
Speaking of new evidence from the novels, an excerpt from CoT revised.

"
(Cloud) "Because this time it will be together with you, Tifa."

(Tifa) "Haven't I always been with you?"

(Cloud) "It's kind of different in some ways."

Cloud replied, smiling again."

Cloud's new life is a new life with Tifa. Taken together with everything else, really, what else are we supposed to conclude?

Even if he had a romantic interest in Aerith when she was alive, he doesn't appear interested in pursuing it, instead it's all about Tifa.

woh, they're really serious about changing that thing. ok, you somewhat made me more positive about it.

I have to say, kudos to holdthesun for being able to admit to having been mistaken about some stuff :monster: That happens far less often than I'd like to see in debates. :(

I only admit it when I see I am truly proven wrong, I may be stubborn, but I'm not delusional. If you're refering to the Mako/Dacon incident, I don't think I was proven wrong, especially in Mako's case, even tho it didn't get anywhere.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
CC Ultimania said:
(Tifa) and Cloud came to realize their feelings for each other in the end of the story, and live together in AC and DC.
^This seems pretty straightforward to me.

As for the change to CoT, hopefully it will silence the people who say Cloud was just talking about his own, solitary new life. It's his new life TOGETHER WITH TIFA, which we've always known, but some people like to nitpick semantics.

A

Great Old One
Yes, and kudos holdthesun for being a great sport as well. :monster:

Also, I think SE's reason to change that may have been because of the 'different' interpretations they were getting from people. Guess they wanted it to be more straightforward this time. :monster:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I told you before, just because you and a certain group have an opinion about something, doesn't mean it's correct or just as valid. You keep saying "I'm not the only one" like it's a counter to anything.

The Rinoa/Ultimecia crap still has people debating over it. Doesn't mean it's actually an issue in FFVIII. Rinoa is NOT Ulti. Same with the LTD. It only continues outside the work. The Compilation is clear in its answer, just like FFVIII is.

A

Great Old One
No point in bringing their essays here, zerodespair. Let's keep that stuff out. :)

Also, some people argue about Squall and Rinoa being horribly wrong for each other. Does that count? :neom:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
No, I've not read the whole thing. I won't read anything on that site, or on that new site of theirs (I fear for my IQ points, as I have very few left). I've only read the excerpts that people post in LTDs. Anyone who believes any of the crap they read is either that desperate to "restore their faith" in their shipping or just... how do I say this without being too harsh? Um, a bit slow.

(Tifa) and Cloud came to realize their feelings for each other in the end of the story, and live together in AC and DC.
^This seems pretty straightforward to me.
Doesn't the FFVII Ultimania also say something like that in the story playback or whatever? Something about revealing/confessing their mutual feelings for each other. Though of course, I guess you can try to claim that their mutual feelings or ones of DISGUST, but...

Edit:
never heard of that last person either. Is she another one of their REAL-LIFE NIHONESE PERSONS?

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
Doesn't the FFVII Ultimania also say something like that in the story playback or whatever? Something about revealing/confessing their mutual feelings for each other. Though of course, I guess you can try to claim that their mutual feelings or ones of DISGUST, but...
Nah, they just realized that they were friends and will just be friends at that point. :neom: Even though we forget to mention Tifa's humiliation the very next day.

holdthesun

Tifa Pwnage 101
I told you before, just because you and a certain group have an opinion about something, doesn't mean it's correct or just as valid. You keep saying "I'm not the only one" like it's a counter to anything.

you still responded after I asked you not to, but I'll reply because you're getting me wrong. I'm not stating any opinion as a fact in this case, like that the Clerith thing is canon or smth, but that with the information I knew was available I was not sure, and there were posibilities that counterargued yours.

And between you and me, I actually stepped into this thread (equivalent to stepping into fire, so you gotta give me kudos for that :monster:) with the intention to be proven wrong and know more. So there,

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Hito, you fucker, where's the Lifestream Black Xlation?
...rejecting my erotic gradenin lessons? Ain't gonna work. Imma cling like that clingy bitch ho. Can't get rid of me.

Public forum and all that. If you wanted no responses, don't post. You're free to leave any time.
I often respond to different people, even if they don't ever come back or see it because I'm posting my responses to the rest of the participants.

In any case, you offered an interpretation and claimed (or suggested) that because it exists, it is just as valid as ours (or at least a few individuals here, including myself), even though you have offered nothing to back it up other than its existence as a possibility.

Sorry. That doesn't fly.

Last edited:

Stella

Pro Adventurer
ugh, I finally read through the 7 pages I missed =/

Anyways, I just had a thought I'd like to share with you guys.

Aerith, as we all know, calls Cloud her "koibito" in Case of Lifestream White, which means lover. Now some of you say you can't call someone your koibito without them reciprocating, and some say you can. Taking into consideration that at the time of Aerith's death, in which the player had the option up to that point whether or not to favor Aerith over Tifa, isn't it plausible to say that perhaps Aerith believed Cloud saw her as a lover as well? Since the player could make his actions/dialogue seem that way?

My point is that since Aerith dies before the pivotal point where Cloud reveals his true feelings, her calling him her lover isn't that far-fetched, since the player had the power to give her that impression up until her death. Therefore, since she believed he reciprocated her feelings, she calls him her koibito.

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
Nah, they just realized that they were friends and will just be friends at that point. :neom: Even though we forget to mention Tifa's humiliation the very next day.
Obviously, Tifa felt humiliated because... Well, because...

Wait, I can't think of a way to spin that. I seriously can't, and I'm very good at spinning! o_o How do they do it?

Wow, that was... surreal. D:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
My point is that since Aerith dies before the pivotal point where Cloud reveals his true feelings, her calling him her lover isn't that far-fetched, since the player had the power to give her that impression up until her death. Therefore, since she believed he reciprocated her feelings, she calls him her koibito.
It's not far-fetched at all, and I think that a lot of us might have said something similar. She seems to think that they were in love. She was so infatuated (and was convinced in her head that he was just like Zack), and might have thought that he possibly returned her feelings. She acted/thought that way in MOTP too... well, up until the Lifestream sequence (and sees Cloud & Tifa together), that is.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Basically, Aerith thought Cloud was her koibito because Cloud was basically... Zack. :wacky: So yeah, not far-fetched at all, it's just that the way Devotionists want to spin it doesn't really... make any sense :monster:

holdthesun

Tifa Pwnage 101
Hito, you fucker, where's the Lifestream Black Xlation?
...rejecting my erotic gradenin lessons? Ain't gonna work. Imma cling like that clingy bitch ho. Can't get rid of me.

that's probably gonna be the highlight of my visit to thi thread, haha

well, see you around... mis. erotic gradenin like that clingy bitch ho .... :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Buh? No, you can totally call someone your koibito without them reciprocating. Same as you can call someone your wife without them being your wife. The distinction is that when someone is declared to be a koibito/ beloved or a wife, as in, that is their role, they cannot be a wife or koibito in a vacuum.

If a character says girl Q is his wife, he can be wrong, lying, etc. and she can be not his wife.

If a creator or bio says a character is a wife, she is a wife, the only question is to who.

Isabella

Your Mom
That's funny. If I try to say Brad Pitt is my boyfriend, will some unseen language police force swoop in and seal my mouth shut with duct tape? Or is it only the Japanese who have magical linguistic enforcement?

Isabella

Your Mom
I'm referring to people who claim it's impossible for Aerith to call Cloud her koibito unless it's true. I'm wondering why it's impossible for her to state it, unless there is some mystical enforcement at work.

A

Great Old One
I'm guessing that you like Brad Pitt then. :monster:

We don't know when this is that Aerith states Cloud as her koibito too, right?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
We don't know when this is that Aerith states Cloud as her koibito too, right?
I'm not even sure Aerith is talking, since I'm pretty sure she wouldn't call herself 'onna'. Doesn't she use 'watashi anyways? :monster: Seems like it's being narrated by a third person.

Top Bottom