SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Its more for if anyone else reads these threads who might be confused on the situaiton
Don’t bother with andover. It’s impossible arguing with someone who has a horrible mindset of the characters. Real narrow-minded🤦🏻
Its to help if people end up seeing these to understand the story more in case they see these kind of takes without knowing anything

Reactions: LNK

andover

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Flowers
How is Cloud a playboy if hes not currently in a relationship with either yet in only one date confirms Tifas feelings and His are shared and initiates a kiss?

what do you think the writers want to get across here seriously?
He isn’t at all. I’m saying he looks like he’s playing the field for sure and I don’t agree with that characterization because this is a guy who has the emotional intelligence of a sack of hammers. You don’t really understand what I’m saying… Cloud asks Tifa had she spoken to Aerith. Tifa lies and says she did not. CLOUD then assumes it’s a “touchy subject” and Aerith must still have feelings for Zack. Tifa says it’s complicated which is possible that validated Cloud’s statement. Then Tifa changes the subject and starts talking about their journey and childhood, Cloud is kind of inattentive. I also want to say that TIFA also thinks it’s odd they are this close because she can’t recall a time they were. You don’t think this is strange? This is a pro Tifa route. This is the highest affection why would she say that? You only get this if you go out of your way to pursue her. Then she begins wondering if she’s misreading things… why would she think this? Something must have happened before this date for Tifa to feel this way, and it’s likely the HIGHEST AFFECTION?. That reason is Aerith. Cloud ends up telling her that she isn’t and they kiss—but remember this all happened AFTER Cloud says that Aerith still has feelings for Zack because Tifa LIED about talking to Aerith. WHY have him say this? It’s because he’s likely jealous. As I said before he says “She still must have feelings for Zack” There’s no other reason for AERITH and HER feelings for another guy being brought up on a romantic date with Tifa that ends up ending the way it does if he wants to know more about ZACK. Make all the excuses you want but Cloud has to believe Aerith loves Zack for that kiss to happen.

Edited to include spoiler tags - Mod :closedmonster:

Last edited by a moderator:

billy22

Pro Adventurer
Does this sound like an accurate summary so far?
  • Cloud is disrespectful with no integrity and using Tifa because his first choice was unavailable
  • Tifa manipulated Cloud into a kiss using lies and treachery

If so, I guess they were made for each other anyway?

How can you so astutely summarize the last three pages in just a couple of sentences?

It's like you've been here before...very sus.

But yes. This is another "the writers want to show us what a terrible person Tifa is, and Cloud may or may not just be using her anyway" argument. Something anyone with previous experience in these topics has seen time and time again. Clearly, the writers want to remind us what awful people our heroes that they created are.

Which really begs the question as to why anyone would 'ship Aerith with such a d-bag anyway.

Nal

Pro Adventurer
He isn’t at all. I’m saying he looks like he’s playing the field for sure and I don’t agree with that characterization because this is a guy who has the emotional intelligence of a sack of hammers. You don’t really understand what I’m saying… Cloud asks Tifa had she spoken to Aerith. Tifa lies and says she did not. CLOUD then assumes it’s a “touchy subject” and Aerith must still have feelings for Zack. Tifa says it’s complicated which is possible that validated Cloud’s statement. Then Tifa changes the subject and starts talking about their journey and childhood, Cloud is kind of inattentive. I also want to say that TIFA also thinks it’s odd they are this close because she can’t recall a time they were. You don’t think this is strange? This is a pro Tifa route. This is the highest affection why would she say that? You only get this if you go out of your way to pursue her. Then she begins wondering if she’s misreading things… why would she think this? Something must have happened before this date for Tifa to feel this way, and it’s likely the HIGHEST AFFECTION?. That reason is Aerith. Cloud ends up telling her that she isn’t and they kiss—but remember this all happened AFTER Cloud says that Aerith still has feelings for Zack because Tifa LIED about talking to Aerith. WHY have him say this? It’s because he’s likely jealous. As I said before he says “She still must have feelings for Zack” There’s no other reason for AERITH and HER feelings for another guy being brought up on a romantic date with Tifa that ends up ending the way it does if he wants to know more about ZACK. Make all the excuses you want but Cloud has to believe Aerith loves Zack for that kiss to happen.
Ik what happened before for her to think about her feelings for cloud its a non optional story moment but it doesnt matter this argument will lead
nowhere just wait for the game to come out and then you will see or come up with another take probably.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Why are you yelling... :(

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Ik what happened before for her to think about her feelings for cloud its a non optional story moment but it doesnt matter this argument will lead
nowhere just wait for the game to come out and then you will see or come up with another take probably.
But one more thing because it hurts my head Tifa bringing having never felt as close with Cloud as this moment is whats built up in this entire game and this is in your mind a non romantic thing? Shes Confessing to him right there and then and we know what happens afterwards when she does.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Do not post unmarked Rebirth spoilers in LTD thread.
But one more thing because it hurts my head Tifa bringing having never felt as close with Cloud as this moment is whats built up in this entire game and this is in your mind a non romantic thing? Shes Confessing to him right there and then and we know what happens afterwards when she does.
If I may pivot for a second... I was trying to avoid spoilers around the dates but caved last night and watched, and, like, damn. I did not realize how romantic both Cloud and Tifa were? I didn't know they had it in them. Swoon—

Nal

Pro Adventurer

Cloud has to believe that Aerith loves Zack for him to kiss the girl he joined soldier for and wanted to become a special person for. Feelings he still has, as in the demo for the game, he remembers going up to the water tower and thinking about her?

Nal

Pro Adventurer
If I may pivot for a second... I was trying to avoid spoilers around the dates but caved last night and watched, and, like, damn. I did not realize how romantic both Cloud and Tifa were? I didn't know they had it in them. Swoon—
Not One Bit

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
How can you so astutely summarize the last three pages in just a couple of sentences?

It's like you've been here before...very sus.

But yes. This is another "the writers want to show us what a terrible person Tifa is, and Cloud may or may not just be using her anyway" argument. Something anyone with previous experience in these topics has seen time and time again. Clearly, the writers want to remind us what awful people our heroes that they created are.

Which really begs the question as to why anyone would 'ship Aerith with such a d-bag anyway.
I promise it’s not a repost from like 2006 :monster:

Reactions: Nal

andover

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Flowers
how does "touchy subject" and "she must still have feelings for zack" indicate that that's what he wanted to find out? that's what he did conclude. but that does not mean that's what he wanted to find out. there's a difference.

edit: like i can ask "hey did karen go to the supermarket?" and my friend say "nope karen and david went on a date". i find out that karen likes david, but what i wanted to find out was if karen went to the supermarket
Why else would he even say that statement that she must still have feelings for him if that’s not what he wanted to know? If he wanted to know about Zack then why are Aerith’s feelings about Zack being brought up? He has jealous because we the players/viewers KNOW Aerith and Zack had a romantic relationship before Aerith met Cloud she also mentions to Cloud on their date in the remake at the park where he gets jealous too (though he blocked out Zack’s name) that Zack was her first love. Why did he not just ask Tifa about Zack? He asks if Tifa has talked to Aerith instead. What even prompted him to even have Tifa ask about Zack to Aerith in the first place? We don’t know that yet but we can probably assume he went to Tifa to ask because he trusts Tifa to tell him the truth because Tifa and Aerith are friends and roommates so if anyone would know Tifa would. Instead she lies about the conversation taking place at all. So do you see the issue here?

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
I actually do enjoy the LTD for the most part haha but what's annoying as hell is that people, on both sides, don't bother to lay down the foundations of their argument at all and just proceed to argue on assumptions that have not been even a little bit proven.

anyways yea regarding the reason tifa why thinks she might be misreading things is definitely not aerith LOL. this i actually have seen the videos with my own eyes. pretty big spoilers so if you don't want to know don't look.
after cloud goes cray cray in gongaga and pushes tifa, she almost dies and he's super distraught. he stays by her side and watches over her while she recovers. when she wakes up he's still pretty upset with himself and she reassures him and they both move in closer for a kiss. yuffie says something like just kiss already from the other side of the door. tifa and cloud pull apart. turns out yuffie and cait sith have been spying on them and fall through the door when tifa goes to open it

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
Why else would he even say that statement that she must still have feelings for him if that’s not what he wanted to know? If he wanted to know about Zack then why are Aerith’s feelings about Zack being brought up? He has jealous because we the players/viewers KNOW Aerith and Zack had a romantic relationship before Aerith met Cloud she also mentions to Cloud on their date in the remake at the park where he gets jealous too (though he blocked out Zack’s name) that Zack was her first love. Why did he not just ask Tifa about Zack? He asks if Tifa has talked to Aerith instead. What even prompted him to even have Tifa ask about Zack to Aerith in the first place? We don’t know that yet but we can probably assume he went to Tifa to ask because he trusts Tifa to tell him the truth because Tifa and Aerith are friends and roommates so if anyone would know Tifa would. Instead she lies about the conversation taking place at all. So do you see the issue here?
have you considered that possibility he considers aerith a close friend is upset for her that her boyfriend just disappeared and hasn't been seen in 5 years? have you considered the possibility that, like a good friend, he would want aerith to know about the last time cloud saw zack alive? and like you said he knows tifa and aerith are roomates so he entrusted tifa to tell aerith about this new information regarding zack.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
I have to say, I’m fine with everyone having a preference over Aerith or Tifa when it comes to Cloud’s relationships but why is it that it often devolves into “the other girl is terrible and more toxic.”
People are always going to flatten characters in favor of their ship because it's easier to do than admit that people are complicated, feelings are complicated, sometimes they overlap, sometimes they diverge, sometimes there's never a true, clear answer because human beings don't operate that way. Love is anything but simple, even in fiction. ...... which, again, is why I love this game. I played it when I was too young to fully grasp any of that, but it left an impression that people and love were beautiful, layered things.

andover

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Flowers
how does "touchy subject" and "she must still have feelings for zack" indicate that that's what he wanted to find out? that's what he did conclude. but that does not mean that's what he wanted to find out. there's a difference.

edit: like i can ask "hey did karen go to the supermarket?" and my friend say "nope karen and david went on a date". i find out that karen likes david, but what i wanted to find out was if karen went to the supermarket
There is no other motivation to ask about Aerith in a conversation where he concludes she still has feelings for her ex if that’s not what he wanted to know upon asking Tifa. Aerith doesn’t have to be brought up at all if we’re being completely honest especially on a high affection date with Tifa where the player has actively pursued her as there are a LOT of things Cloud could have brought up to talk about since it’s nearly the end of the game, such as their childhood and journey—hell even their own bond or Tifa’s feelings for him but Tifa talks about that instead to turn the subject away from Aerith.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
There is no other motivation to ask about Aerith in a conversation where he concludes she still has feelings for her ex if that’s not what he wanted to know upon asking Tifa. Aerith doesn’t have to be brought up at all if we’re being completely honest especially on a high affection date with Tifa where the player has actively pursued her as there are a LOT of things Cloud could have brought up to talk about since it’s nearly the end of the game, such as their childhood and journey—hell even their own bond or Tifa’s feelings for him but Tifa talks about that instead to turn the subject away from Aerith.
Would be pretty weird if all Cloud talked about was how obsessed he was with Tifa. Feel like that'd kill the vibe.

Reactions: LNK

shady

Pro Adventurer
Do not post unmarked Rebirth Spoilers in LTD Thread.
Sorry but this is a clown post and its coping to the highest degree

For starters the reason they kiss has nothing to do with Aerith or Zack, it doesn’t just come out of the blue, there are multiple instances in the game, NON OPTIONAL instances of Cloud and Tifa almost coming together, intimate moments and a nearly kiss that leads into a full kiss, i’m surprised you don’t know about all of this but ho boy you’re in for a surprise when you play the game then.

Second of all, Cloud has recently found out about Zack, he wants to know more information and knows the only person who has that is Aerith, so he asks Tifa to broach the subject with her, BOTH girls lie to him on the date not for ROMANCE reasons because they both know something is going on with Cloud/Zack and they obviously don’t want to approach the subject with him because they aren’t sure what will happen. Cloud assumes they haven’t brought it up with each other because it’s a touchy subject, he says this to TIFA because Aerith isn’t in the room to hear why he believes they haven’t talked to each other about it, he doesn’t bring this line up in AERITHS date because he obviously works out the same conclusion but has enough TACT not to bring it up with her in order to possibly upset her.

Can you please read the damn room and get some media literacy. It’s really not that hard and not EVERYTHING comes back to Cloud bloody loving Aerith and vice versa

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
girl why are you responding to my same comment twice. i'll just copy and paste what i said before:

have you considered that possibility he considers aerith a close friend is upset for her that her boyfriend just disappeared and hasn't been seen in 5 years? have you considered the possibility that, like a good friend, he would want aerith to know about the last time cloud saw zack alive? and like you said he knows tifa and aerith are roomates so he entrusted tifa to tell aerith about this new information regarding zack.

and cause i'd like that think that i'm not one of those delusional shippers i'll admit that, yea i do think it was a little weird that cloud at that specific moment on a romantic date went "hey tifa, did you give my message to aerith?" LOL but i absolutely do not think that he asked tifa with the intention of determining what aerith's feelings were. the guy just wanted to know if tifa had passed his message along cause you know it's kinda super important information about aerith's boyfriend.

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Would be pretty weird if all Cloud talked about was how obsessed he was with Tifa. Feel like that'd kill the vibe.
You never answered, andover why Cloud can only kiss Tifa if Aerith isn't available yet confirms his feelings with Tifa and never does with Aerith. The writers wrote that for one character and not the other i wonder why?
Also, before they speak and Tifa mentions the fireworks as beautiful, what is he instead of the fireworks staring at?

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
People are always going to flatten characters in favor of their ship because it's easier to do than admit that people are complicated, feelings are complicated, sometimes they overlap, sometimes they diverge, sometimes there's never a true, clear answer because human beings don't operate that way. Love is anything but simple, even in fiction. ...... which, again, is why I love this game. I played it when I was too young to fully grasp any of that, but it left an impression that people and love were beautiful, layered things.
Just find it weird from a story perspective. Like… it just does not compute for me. How do the Clerith fans that hate Tifa square away everything post-Disc 1? Like, how do they deal with the new information provided during the Lifestream sequence.

Likewise, how can Cloti fans deny that Cloud had some feelings for Aerith in the early part of the game?

Love is complicated.

Personally, Cloud and Tifa have always seemed like the endgame but… that’s still possible with Cloud having love for Aerith. It’s not so simple, I guess. And neither Aerith nor Tifa would ever denigrate each other within the actually setting of the game because they’re both aware how Cloud feels about the other girl and are accepting of it.

Edited to include spoiler tags - Mod.

Top Bottom