SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

mimi_scarlet

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Mimi
I actually do enjoy the LTD for the most part haha but what's annoying as hell is that people, on both sides, don't bother to lay down the foundations of their argument at all and just proceed to argue on assumptions that have not been even a little bit proven.

anyways yea regarding the reason tifa why thinks she might be misreading things is definitely not aerith LOL. this i actually have seen the videos with my own eyes. pretty big spoilers so if you don't want to know don't look.
after cloud goes cray cray in gongaga and pushes tifa, she almost dies and he's super distraught. he stays by her side and watches over her while she recovers. when she wakes up he's still pretty upset with himself and she reassures him and they both move in closer for a kiss. yuffie says something like just kiss already from the other side of the door. tifa and cloud pull apart. turns out yuffie and cait sith have been spying on them and fall through the door when tifa goes to open it
It sounds sooo beautiful, dou you have
links to all the videos you saw?

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Just find it weird from a story perspective. Like… it just does not compute for me. How do the Clerith fans that hate Tifa square away everything post-Disc 1? Like, how do they deal with the new information provided during the Lifestream sequence.

Likewise, how can Cloti fans deny that Cloud had some feelings for Aerith in the early part of the game?

Love is complicated.

Personally, Cloud and Tifa have always seemed like the endgame but… that’s still possible with Cloud having love for Aerith. It’s not so simple, I guess. And neither Aerith nor Tifa would ever denigrate each other within the actually setting of the game because they’re both aware how Cloud feels about the other girl and are accepting of it.
I thought so as well,
but there is something in this game that was mentioned earlier about clouds romantic feelings on aerith and its going to be very interesting

andover

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Flowers
have you considered that possibility he considers aerith a close friend is upset for her that her boyfriend just disappeared and hasn't been seen in 5 years? have you considered the possibility that, like a good friend, he would want aerith to know about the last time cloud saw zack alive? and like you said he knows tifa and aerith are roomates so he entrusted tifa to tell aerith about this new information regarding zack.
Why did Tifa, a woman who has romantic feelings for Cloud, lie about having the conversation at all then if Cloud and Aerith’s relationship is platonic? Let’s go with for Cloud’s feelings for Aerith are platonic, but clearly for Tifa telling Cloud the truth is much more complicated than that for her. She doesn’t see it’s platonic on Cloud’s end? The date means he chose her. Her affection is at its highest here for the date to happen presumably. If she didn’t feel like there was anything between Cloud and Aerith since on Cloud’s end we go with it being concerned for a close friend it would’ve been so easy for her then to say “I have and you should talk to her yourself” or “I have and it’s just not my place.” Wouldn’t it? Let me say again, the date happening with Tifa implies that Cloud chose her so why did she lie then? It’s a romantic date. It should be easy to talk about this if the relationship between Cloud and Aerith is platonic but this is a love triangle. If it was all just Cloud being sad for Aerith as a close friend that her ex seemingly abandoned her he could’ve asked her himself, instead he seemingly has Tifa do it. As we see in Aerith’s version of the date, he’s standoffish and kind of a jerk. His arms are folded when they are sitting together. AERITH brings up Zack, saying she saw Zack in Cloud and that he isn’t Zack and that’s okay because she wants to be with him and how she’s trying to find him, his arms go to his knees. Then CLOUD brings up if Tifa talked to her. The same cutscene plays and Aerith says “I think so? But not about anything important” which implies she didn’t think Zack being mentioned was important. Tifa makes it seem as if the conversation could not even be had with Aerith by lying and saying she hadn’t spoken to her yet and Cloud assumes that it was a “touchy subject” when it seems that Zack being brought up wasn’t a problem for Aerith or at least wouldn’t be from her date at least. But Tifa lies that her conversation with Aerith about Zack did not happen at all. That makes absolutely no sense for her to do unless she is aware there is something happening between Cloud and Aerith romantically. She did talk to Aerith in both versions of the date, she just lies that it happens in hers, you can’t deny that.

Edited to include spoiler tags - Mod :closedmonster:

Last edited by a moderator:

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
It sounds sooo beautiful, dou you have
links to all the videos you saw?
Some of the videos were in the spoiler thread here but i think they've all been removed. you might have some luck on 4chan if you want to wander in there but it's pretty gross over there. i think if you go through the gamefaqs spoiler threads some videos might still be up as well.

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Why did Tifa, a woman who has romantic feelings for Cloud, lie about having the conversation at all then if Cloud and Aerith’s relationship is platonic? Let’s go with for Cloud’s feelings for Aerith are platonic, but clearly for Tifa telling Cloud the truth is much more complicated than that for her. She doesn’t see it’s platonic on Cloud’s end? The date means he chose her. Her affection is at its highest here for the date to happen presumably. If she didn’t feel like there was anything between Cloud and Aerith since on Cloud’s end we go with it being concerned for a close friend it would’ve been so easy for her then to say “I have and you should talk to her yourself” or “I have and it’s just not my place.” Wouldn’t it? Let me say again, the date happening with Tifa implies that Cloud chose her so why did she lie then? It’s a romantic date. It should be easy to talk about this if the relationship between Cloud and Aerith is platonic but this is a love triangle. If it was all just Cloud being sad for Aerith as a close friend that her ex seemingly abandoned her he could’ve asked her himself, instead he seemingly has Tifa do it. As we see in Aerith’s version of the date, he’s standoffish and kind of a jerk. His arms are folded when they are sitting together. AERITH brings up Zack, saying she saw Zack in Cloud and that he isn’t Zack and that’s okay because she wants to be with him and how she’s trying to find him, his arms go to his knees. Then CLOUD brings up if Tifa talked to her. The same cutscene plays and Aerith says “I think so? But not about anything important” which implies she didn’t think Zack being mentioned was important. Tifa makes it seem as if the conversation could not even be had with Aerith by lying and saying she hadn’t spoken to her yet and Cloud assumes that it was a “touchy subject” when it seems that Zack being brought up wasn’t a problem for Aerith or at least wouldn’t be from her date at least. But Tifa lies that her conversation with Aerith about Zack did not happen at all. That makes absolutely no sense for her to do unless she is aware there is something happening between Cloud and Aerith romantically. She did talk to Aerith in both versions of the date, she just lies that it happens in hers, you can’t deny that.
Actually, the date is not chosen by Cloud; its the characters who ask him it doesnt change his own feelings, or Yuffie would be considered an option romantically Ewww, and thats all im saying for now just wait for the game and then you can debate.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Some of the videos were in the spoiler thread here but i think they've all been removed. you might have some luck on 4chan if you want to wander in there but it's pretty gross over there. i think if you go through the gamefaqs spoiler threads some videos might still be up as well.
I think some of them are floating around twitter, too, but you may have to wade through to find them.

shady

Pro Adventurer
God i cant wait for you to see Gongaga and Aeriths Sector 5 dream date in game

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
the OG already tells you why tifa lies. she's worried about cloud's mental health because he sounds like a crazy person talking about things that he shouldn't know about. the zack thing is actually a touchy subject. not for the reasons that you think though. it literally is a mind breaking thing for cloud.

as for aerith's "not about anything important" ... girl watch the video again and tell me with a straight face that aerith truly thought it wasn't important. she is so sad and shocked in that flashback when tifa brings up zack.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
That just means Aerith and Clerith fans won't buy the game. If they want to turn one of their most beloved characters into one of their most hated, tragic, or pathetic, that's their perogative. Just means people won't buy the game or the third one. The whole there's more to the game than romance angle doesn't really work either because apparently they made Rebirth focus on it a lot.

andover

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Flowers
girl why are you responding to my same comment twice. i'll just copy and paste what i said before:

have you considered that possibility he considers aerith a close friend is upset for her that her boyfriend just disappeared and hasn't been seen in 5 years? have you considered the possibility that, like a good friend, he would want aerith to know about the last time cloud saw zack alive? and like you said he knows tifa and aerith are roomates so he entrusted tifa to tell aerith about this new information regarding zack.

and cause i'd like that think that i'm not one of those delusional shippers i'll admit that, yea i do think it was a little weird that cloud at that specific moment on a romantic date went "hey tifa, did you give my message to aerith?" LOL but i absolutely do not think that he asked tifa with the intention of determining what aerith's feelings were. the guy just wanted to know if tifa had passed his message along cause you know it's kinda super important information about aerith's boyfriend.
He literally says after “Not yet” that “it’s touchy subject” that “she must still have feelings for Zack” when Tifa lies that she wasn’t able to talk to Aerith yet. She LIES, period. We know from Aerith’s date that talking about Zack isn’t an issue, hell SHE is the one who brings Zack up. You are missing that Tifa DOES talk to Aerith as both flashbacks show in the exact same way Tifa just lies about it to Cloud whereas Aerith doesn’t deny it happened she just comes across like talking about Zack wasn’t as touchy subject like Tifa made it seem her date.

andover

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Flowers
Actually, the date is not chosen by Cloud; its the characters who ask him it doesnt change his own feelings, or Yuffie would be considered an option romantically Ewww, and thats all im saying for now just wait for the game and then you can debate.
I still think Yuffie being a date option is weird on SE’s part. Personally I prefer Barret myself, his date in OG was cute if only because of its awkwardness.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
That just means Aerith and Clerith fans won't buy the game. If they want to turn one of their most beloved characters into one of their most hated, tragic, or pathetic, that's their perogative. Just means people won't buy the game or the third one. The whole there's more to the game than romance angle doesn't really work either because apparently they made Rebirth focus on it a lot.
Without sharing explicit spoilers, whoa, for real? There's that much focus on romance in Rebirth??

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Aeriths story is very interesting in this game and shes a very conflicted character She's not perfect and thats not a bad thing
it makes her very human

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
He literally says after “Not yet” that “it’s touchy subject” that “she must still have feelings for Zack” when Tifa lies that she wasn’t able to talk to Aerith yet. She LIES, period. We know from Aerith’s date that talking about Zack isn’t an issue, hell SHE is the one who brings Zack up. You are missing that Tifa DOES talk to Aerith as both flashbacks show in the exact same way Tifa just lies about it to Cloud whereas Aerith doesn’t deny it happened she just comes across like talking about Zack wasn’t as touchy subject like Tifa made it seem her date.
we already established that she lies LOL like i said that pages ago. right now we're arguing about

1. why cloud asked about aerith. and
2. why tifa lied

come on keep up

Top Bottom