SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

eggbeans

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
eggbeans
It seems to just change a line of dialogue but the rest of the scene remains the same, everybody will no doubt speculate and interpret as to why this is. Regardless in English Aerith replies something akin to

“Oh I guess I at least know where we stand then” or something very similar

Now I don’t know about you but if you’re a native English speaker this is not the kind of response you give to somebody who positively acknowledges the feelings you are trying to convey.

Hound me if you must but that’s what I take from that line.
Yeah, in the context of romantic relationships, if someone says, “at least I know where we stand now,” that’s usually in response to getting rejected, and there’s like a certain finality to it too if that makes sense

Reactions: Nal

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I'm gonna be honest - and I don't mean this as a hot take, but - every Cloud hug is awkward to me. I don't think Cloud knows how to non-awkwardly hug.

I'm bad at reading what's attractive for a man to do, so his hugs might actually be really endearing. But all I can think about is Wayne from Letterkenny "I wish you weren't so fuckin' awkward bud."

billy22

Pro Adventurer
It seems to just change a line of dialogue but the rest of the scene remains the same, everybody will no doubt speculate and interpret as to why this is. Regardless in English Aerith replies something akin to

“Oh I guess I at least know where we stand then” or something very similar

Now I don’t know about you but if you’re a native English speaker this is not the kind of response you give to somebody who positively acknowledges the feelings you are trying to convey.

Hound me if you must but that’s what I take from that line.

What is your source of information on this? The leaker in the spoiler topic claimed there was no change in dialogue. (spoiler)- Link

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
No not r

No actually. I’m just analyzing what I’ve seen. I never said the LTD is the only thing I care about, you’re assuming this is the case instead of answering what I am saying so you are attacking my motivation for this conversation instead of the points I’m making which leads me to believe they are valid since you aren’t responding to them. People should be able to talk about the LTD without having their motivations attacked because they say something you have no response to other than personal opinion.
It's not that we have no response. It's that no one can reason with you man.

shady

Pro Adventurer
What is your source of information on this? The leaker in the spoiler topic claimed there was no change in dialogue. (spoiler)- Link
My source is i’ve seen all the possible videos of this scene, Tifa HA, Aerith HA etc. Shame I can’t prove it now but quite frankly I don’t feel the need to because it’s inconsequential when the game is out in a matter of days and many people have already said similar things!

Nal

Pro Adventurer
I'm gonna be honest - and I don't mean this as a hot take, but - every Cloud hug is awkward to me. I don't think Cloud knows how to non-awkwardly hug.

I'm bad at reading what's attractive for a man to do, so his hugs might actually be really endearing. But all I can think about is Wayne from Letterkenny "I wish you weren't so fuckin' awkward bud."
his kiss hug is the only one that he really goes for but he does kind of like grab her towards him really fast its funny but you can also read it as he wants her to know how he feels about her since she was confident about her feelings then doubted herself before cloud just hugs then kisses her

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
Why else would he even say that statement that she must still have feelings for him if that’s not what he wanted to know? If he wanted to know about Zack then why are Aerith’s feelings about Zack being brought up? He has jealous because we the players/viewers KNOW Aerith and Zack had a romantic relationship before Aerith met Cloud she also mentions to Cloud on their date in the remake at the park where he gets jealous too (though he blocked out Zack’s name) that Zack was her first love. Why did he not just ask Tifa about Zack? He asks if Tifa has talked to Aerith instead. What even prompted him to even have Tifa ask about Zack to Aerith in the first place? We don’t know that yet but we can probably assume he went to Tifa to ask because he trusts Tifa to tell him the truth because Tifa and Aerith are friends and roommates so if anyone would know Tifa would. Instead she lies about the conversation taking place at all. So do you see the issue here?
I was so many pages behind in this thread since this morning and am reading all your responses at one time and they are all the exact same. Pushing this angle for the first time with fair and concise rebuttals coming from the pro-Tifa camp and then just repeating the same angle and point repeatedly - even after its debunked... That's not a good look man and bad arguing skills.

No one sees the issue here except for you my dude.

You have some imaginary head canon about what's going on inside Clouds head and Tifa being the wicked witch of the west.

Still a few pages to go and I'm wondering how many times I'm going to have to re-read some iteration of this exact argument from you.

Nal

Pro Adventurer
I was so many pages behind in this thread since this morning and am reading all your responses at one time and they are all the exact same. Pushing this angle for the first time with fair and concise rebuttals coming from the pro-Tifa camp and then just repeating the same angle and point repeatedly - even after its debunked... That's not a good look man and bad arguing skills.

No one sees the issue here except for you my dude.

You have some imaginary head canon about what's going on inside Clouds head and Tifa being the wicked witch of the west.

Still a few pages to go and I'm wondering how many times I'm going to have to re-read some iteration of this exact argument from you.
He still hasnt answered any of the questions everyone asked

jdaod135

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Jay
to clear up some confusion:

• They do not reference any NPTK lyrics during the hug part, it is a FAKE rumour spread by a biased clerith user on the forum. Several leakers are able to debunk this.
  • HA and LA does effect the dialogue in the church scene but it’s only one line (either cloud says ‘we’re friends’ in LA or he says ‘yes let’s’ in HA) aerith’s reactions are different depending on what you say but it will be small and she continues rambling on about the ‘liking’ thing with the same outcome of cloud calling her weird. Hug proceeds afterwards but NOTHING about cloud saying “let’s be together”
  • The sector 5 date prior to the church scene is NOT affected by LA/HA, so whatever you’ll see will be non-optional and will happen regardless you romanced her or not.
  • As far as I know, there is no scene of cloud explicitly admitting his feelings for the girls (unless you count the 'not one bit' to tifa)

shady

Pro Adventurer
In Andovers head the dev’s are writing and creating the game like its some High School drama. Cloud the jealous playboy, Tifa the lying lying manipulator etc. I don’t care what side of the shipping lane you come down in but give the devs some actual credit jesus

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
his kiss hug is the only one that he really goes for but he does kind of like grab her towards him really fast its funny but you can also read it as he wants her to know how he feels about her since she was confident about her feelings then doubted herself before cloud just hugs then kisses her
Yes! 😂 It's like the quick-step he used to surprise Sephiroth but in hug form. The mood isn't spoiled or anything, but the look on her face in the split second it takes for her brain to catch up is priceless.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
Yes! 😂 It's like the quick-step he used to surprise Sephiroth but in hug form. The mood isn't spoiled or anything, but the look on her face in the split second it takes for her brain to catch up is priceless.
It’s pretty cute and endearing.

Nal

Pro Adventurer
to clear up some confusion:

• They do not reference any NPTK lyrics during the hug part, it is a FAKE rumour spread by a biased clerith user on the forum. Several leakers are able to debunk this.
  • HA and LA does effect the dialogue in the church scene but it’s only one line (either cloud says ‘we’re friends’ in LA or he says ‘yes let’s’ in HA) aerith’s reactions are different depending on what you say but it will be small and she continues rambling on about the ‘liking’ thing with the same outcome of cloud calling her weird. Hug proceeds afterwards but NOTHING about cloud saying “let’s be together”
  • The sector 5 date prior to the church scene is NOT affected by LA/HA, so whatever you’ll see will be non-optional and will happen regardless you romanced her or not.
  • As far as I know, there is no scene of cloud explicitly admitting his feelings for the girls (unless you count the 'not one bit' to tifa)
He doesnt say it; he more shows it but yeah, that fake rumour would have actually been some of the worst writing ever

Last edited:

Nal

Pro Adventurer
i love the awkwardness of it cause it just fits there characters perfectly

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
It's wild that
Cloud reassuring Tifa with "not one bit" and initiating the kiss is being interpreted as some kind of rebound act from Cloud because Aerith seems to still have feelings for Zack. Shipping copium is wild.
It's blowing my mind fr. I am sitting here with my afternoon coffee laughing my ass of as I catch up.
He still hasnt answered any of the questions everyone asked
I see that. I don't think they realise they have no real argument. Its both embarrassing and amusing to witness.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Cloud kissing Tifa because Aerith is emotionally unavailable seems like a pretty crappy thing to do. Wtf. Why would anyone want that? Are we playing Final Fantasy or watching Twilight?

Nal

Pro Adventurer
It's blowing my mind fr. I am sitting here with my afternoon coffee laughing my ass of as I catch up.

I see that. I don't think they realise they have no real argument. Its both embarrassing and amusing to witness.
Like its one line in an optional scene anyway, i thought they didn't care about it since it was optional?
plus the way cloud says it is more like a passing thought to break the awkward silence

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Cloud kissing Tifa because Aerith is emotionally unavailable seems like a pretty crappy thing to do. Wtf. Why would anyone want that? Are we playing Final Fantasy or watching Twilight?
Like for the people that do hardcore ship Aerith with Cloud and keep writing these justifications is this really the guy you want Aerith to end up with a despicable human being?

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Im just gonna say it i dont think these people even play the games i think they watch videos and for OG have never seen disc 2

Top Bottom