SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

shady

Pro Adventurer
Wait, so then is it an equal amount of romantic content for both? I got the impression that it was heavily skewed toward Cloud and Tifa with a smattering of Cloud and Aerith moments.
Yes that seems to be how it is from what we know, like Cloud and Tifa moments seem more obviously romantic by nature than Cloud and Aerith’s anyway shrug the point is why have heavily skewed romantic moments for one and then you just flip to the other like the other romantic moment didn’t happen? It’s just a bit cheap feeling on the characters on the story

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
So I would ask SE rather than continuing to play both sides even after doing something pretty romance confirming on one side, to address the situation after a certain point and say nope that's it, no matter which side that is.
Didn't they address it with the compilation though?

shady

Pro Adventurer
Didn't they address it with the compilation though?
You’d think so, but not really.

Cloud only goes for Tifa because he’s jealous of Aerith’s feelings for Zack (the current trend)

Zack is in the past and Aerith loves Cloud now so Zack doesn’t matter

Cloud and Tifa aren’t a couple in AC he wants to die to see Aerith in the promised land

And on and on and on

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
I've been watching the streamer starting from Kalm and he's just finished the first GS visit. I think something that gets forgotten in the LTD is that romance is just a portion of the game. So far the "romantic" moments are not something that a nonshipper would care about imo. just small interactions throughout the game that could be interpreted as romantic if you're looking for it, but it's not a focus at all, for either of the girls. it makes sense to me so far why Darth and other leakers would say
that there's no resolution to the LTD.
. There's a lot more plot relevant stuff going on and romance is just not part of it.
This makes sense. IMO the LTD is resolved even just based on the direction the writers were pushing Cloud and Tifa in, but whatever conclusions I came to while playing the game were arrived at from a non-shipper's point of view. Based on the few leaks I've read for Rebirth, I assume I'lI feel similarly, if not more strongly. I realize I'm in an LTD thread on a FFVII forum, but whatever happens in the story and however I read between the lines is all I need—that form of 'resolution' is enough for me.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Cloud only goes for Tifa because he’s jealous of Aerith’s feelings for Zack (the current trend)

I don't ever remember hearing that. Do you have quotes from AC or OtwtaS? What do you mean he was jealous of her feelings for Zack?

Zack is in the past and Aerith loves Cloud now so Zack doesn’t matter

Aerith is dead before the compilation even started. How do you know she loved Cloud? I don't even remember her feeling that way prior to be killed.

Cloud and Tifa aren’t a couple in AC he wants to die to see Aerith in the promised land

They were a couple in between the events of ff7 and AC (OtwtaS). At the end of AC, it's implied they go back to being in a relationship

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
I don't ever remember hearing that. Do you have quotes from AC or OtwtaS? What do you mean he was jealous of her feelings for Zack?

Aerith is dead before the compilation even started. How do you know she loved Cloud? I don't even remember her feeling that way prior to be killed.

They were a couple in between the events of ff7 and AC (OtwtaS). At the end of AC, it's implied they go back to being in a relationship
I think they were being sarcastic and listing off the illogical arguments the more extreme Cleriths have been making.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
Apparently
Cait Sith’s fortune about Cloud losing what he cherishes most has made it into Rebirth. According to someone watching the stream that’s been going on.

I wonder if this means the fortune Aerith asks for will also happen in The Temple of the Ancients. This always rubbed me the wrong way. Right in front of Tifa and everything lol

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Apparently
Cait Sith’s fortune about Cloud losing what he cherishes most has made it into Rebirth. According to someone watching the stream that’s been going on.

I wonder if this means the fortune Aerith asks for will also happen in The Temple of the Ancients. This always rubbed me the wrong way. Right in front of Tifa and everything lol
Now this makes me actually wonder if the people who are saying he realizes his love for Aerith after her death, once it's too late, are actually right. Ffs.

shady

Pro Adventurer
Yeah i’m not making these arguments myself haha, i’m saying these are all the kinds of arguments that have come about since the Compilation. The Zack jealous one is new, you’ll know why after you play Rebirth

shady

Pro Adventurer
Apparently

The Aerith fortune does not remain I believe

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Now this makes me actually wonder if the people who are saying he realizes his love for Aerith after her death, once it's too late, are actually right. Ffs.
Personally, I wouldn't even mind. OtwtaS and AC still happen.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
It would be nice if the one in The Temple of the Ancients doesn’t happen. Similarly to the chat between Aerith, Tifa and Cloud in the Shinra cell in the OG - it just seems catty/petty.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
It would be nice if the one in The Temple of the Ancients doesn’t happen. Similarly to the chat between Aerith, Tifa and Cloud in the Shinra cell in the OG - it just seems catty/petty.
God, I remember Tifa's little polygon figure turning her back and doing a little upset stomp. I think it was the only time I was ever really pissed at Aerith lol.

Rfcloud88

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Ichie
Clearly the Cleriths haven’t read what’s on Cloud’s mind in the novel. Holy crap it’s a not a dating game

Attachments

• IMG_6693.jpeg
    IMG_6693.jpeg
    355.8 KB · Views: 58

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Yeah i’m not making these arguments myself haha, i’m saying these are all the kinds of arguments that have come about since the Compilation. The Zack jealous one is new, you’ll know why after you play Rebirth
I see, I see.

I'd rather SE just continue ignoring them, and continue making the story they want to.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
God, I remember Tifa's little polygon figure turning her back and doing a little upset stomp. I think it was the only time I was ever really pissed at Aerith lol.
As a kid it definitely rubbed me the wrong way. Made me think of “mean girl” behavior I would see within friend groups.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
You all, come on, even I who always thought Cloud realises his love for Aerith at the end of disc 1, even from OG, didn't think this ruined anything.

Reactions: LNK

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
You all, come on, even I who always thought Cloud realises his love for Aerith at the end of disc 1, even from OG, didn't think this ruined anything.
It doesn't ruin anything! I'm just being weirdly pouty—sometimes this game has a tendency to make me regress back to my teenage self, haha. I'm all for whatever angst the writers will masterfully pull off.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
I feel the same. No other piece of fiction makes me this weird lol
It's honestly so embarrassing, haha. One moment I'm like, ah, yes, I shall take in this game just like I experience any other work of fiction, I can remain impartial, I will listen carefully to the writing and pay attention to what's seeded in the narrative and that's enough for me... then 14-year-old me will loudly make an appearance and start screaming about romantic bullshit lol.

Last edited:

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
It's honestly so embarrassing, haha. One moment I'm like, ah, yes, I shall take in this game just like I experience any other work of fiction, I can remain impartial, I will listen carefully to the writing and pay attention to what's seeded in the narrative and that's enough for me... then 14-year-old me will loudly make an appearance and start screaming about romantic bullshit lol.
It came into our lives at very impressionable ages it would seem.

Top Bottom