SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
It came into our lives at very impressionable ages it would seem.
It genuinely permanently altered my brain chemistry. Something about playing FFVII as my first serious videogame outside of Street Fighter... and reading Wuthering Heights around the same time just kind of broke something in me.

liuliuliu

Pro Adventurer
The last CM is really romantic though. At least they tried. I watched it and I was shocked cause I thought cloud and tifa were heavily implied in the game. But with all the leaks that are flying around, it looks like a perfect bait for Clerith. However I can’t really imagine 2 Nakama stand back to back and hold hands with interlocking fingers. With the game release in just a day, I will soon know how I feel about this scene after bring Tifa to the GS date…
Honestly I found it weird for bunch of Cloti to praise the “beautiful platonic relationship” between cloud and Aerith showed in the trailer. The whole trailer really yelled they are star-crossed lovers and that is the point! The trailer is to get more Clerith or just people who don’t care about LTD but like Aerith a lot to buy the game.
It’s tiring, I feel like I care about the LTD but I’m to tired to really care about it anymore.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
It genuinely permanently altered my brain chemistry. Something about playing FFVII as my first serious videogame outside of Street Fighter... and reading Wuthering Heights around the same time just kind of broke something in me.
My brother and I played the holy trinity of FF in backwards order in 2001. IX, then VIII and then VII. I was a little too young to play, so I watched him play. We did different voices for each character. Seriously some of my best memories ever.

liuliuliu

Pro Adventurer
And it is frustrated. About All things SE can marketing around Aerith on the last day CM before relase, they choose to fuel the LTD with misleading lines and scenes

shady

Pro Adventurer
The last CM is really romantic though. At least they tried. I watched it and I was shocked cause I thought cloud and tifa were heavily implied in the game. But with all the leaks that are flying around, it looks like a perfect bait for Clerith. However I can’t really imagine 2 Nakama stand back to back and hold hands with interlocking fingers. With the game release in just a day, I will soon know how I feel about this scene after bring Tifa to the GS date…
Honestly I found it weird for bunch of Cloti to praise the “beautiful platonic relationship” between cloud and Aerith showed in the trailer. The whole trailer really yelled they are star-crossed lovers and that is the point! The trailer is to get more Clerith or just people who don’t care about LTD but like Aerith a lot to buy the game.
It’s tiring, I feel like I care about the LTD but I’m to tired to really care about it anymore.
If that's the way Square wanted to do it then great -- they really should have went with that. But the stuff that happens between Cloud and Tifa in the game really sours it, you'll see what I mean when you play it and if you take Tifa on the GS date

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
My brother and I played the holy trinity of FF in backwards order in 2001. IX, then VIII and then VII. I was a little too young to play, so I watched him play. We did different voices for each character. Seriously some of my best memories ever.
This is adorable. I love hearing about everyone's anecdotes around the first playthrough. My little cousin watched me play it many times and I brainwashed him into loving Tifa so much that he wouldn't shut up about her to my other cousins, which drove them nuts.

1709081249160.png

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
And it is frustrated. About All things SE can marketing around Aerith on the last day CM before relase, they choose to fuel the LTD with misleading lines and scenes
I wouldn’t worry too much about this. Holding hands is a normal friend thing. They have a deep bond but I don’t think that it’s meant to be romantic. The LTD will continue on but you can just remove yourself from it after Rebirth. That’s what I plan to do.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
This is adorable. I love hearing about everyone's anecdotes around the first playthrough. My little cousin watched me play it many times and I brainwashed him into loving Tifa so much that he wouldn't shut up about her to my other cousins, which drove them nuts.

View attachment 14649
That’s awesome haha. This is why nothing will ever replace the OG for me. Those memories are untouchable.

And yeah the Lifestream Sequence left a serious impression on me. It was confusing when I was little but when I went back and played it myself a few years later my mind was blown.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
That’s awesome haha. This is why nothing will ever replace the OG for me. Those memories are untouchable.

And yeah the Lifestream Sequence left a serious impression on me. It was confusing when I was little but when I went back and played it myself a few years later my mind was blown.
Omg yes, lifestream sequence. I remember just sitting in front of the tv with my jaw on the floor. I'll never forget!!

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
You get me wrong, that was my old perception on her before Rebirth leak ending that I have to reconstruct it and accepting that she can't move on as a flaw I thought it didn't exist. I thought I've detailed it on that post

Noooo I'm just trying to connect the sentence to the spoiler and of course if there's anyone who would like to say otherwise - I respect them and up for debate but that's my personal opinion based on how I see Aerith.

I don't want to use the word 'pity' but yeaah somehow well she did try to step forward but two steps back.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
I gotta say Clotis are the first fandom I’ve seen who get a confession, a kiss, an almost kiss, miscommunication/make up trope, and a whole other game that’s going to be focused on them still worried about stuff like this 😂
Listen, the 14-year-old in me is a brat lol. Adult me knows I'm being unreasonable.

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
I've been watching that stream that's going around and so far i find cloud and aerith's interactions very jarring. they'll be buddy buddy, absolutely zero romantic undertones at all, sibling-like energy and then suddenly you'll get a weird moment that could be interpreted as romantic. by weird i don't mean the moment itself is weird, it's just weird because it feels out of place
There's a stream?

mimi_scarlet

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Mimi
I'm watching probably the same stream as the others here and what was interesting is how Aerith talks and feels about Zack. Cloud straight forward asks here, if she still got feelings for him and she answered with yes and he didn't gave her any reason not to. Guess the leaks were right so far.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I don't think the vast majority of people playing this game are going to be confused on what the main pairing is.

Only one couple getting an onscreen kiss is hard to misinterpret.

The devs could have made things equal, they didn't. Not even close.
Yeah. Hard to misinterpret. I think only hardcore shippers will go back and forth on it.

If the leaks are true, then
general players will probably see Cloti as being pushed.
If what was said is true.

Top Bottom